Slowwww scrap | July Storytelling Series

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by FarrahJobling, Jul 16, 2022.

1. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Summer Fun

Last year, we focused on techniques to add interest to our layouts. This year, I am starting a new series. I would like to take this year to dive deep into telling meaningful stories and writing out some of those memories that I've been putting off creating layouts for.

Each month, please join me for an *extra* slow scrap. I will host a chat with a prompt and ideas for multiple ways to document stories within the prompts. Then, you will have 48 hours to create your layout...yep...extra time, in case you need to find a photo or rustle up a memory.

In the US, July is the middle of summer...so I thought for this month, we'll tell a story about summer memories. Here are some ideas.

July 16 | Summer Fun

You may interpret the prompt in any way that is meaningful to you. Here are a few ideas to get your mind thinking deeper.

1. Tell a story about your favorite childhood summer. What did you do? Who did you do it with? etc...

2. What was your favorite summer vacation?

3. Remember some songs or other things that trigger a memory about summer.

4. Hated summer? Couldn't wait to go back to school? Tell a story about your worst summer ever.

Instructions
    1. Use the prompt "Summer Fun" - and put that somewhere on the page, so we know it's for the scrap...a title or an element. Feel free to change up the prompt...but it should be clear that it's for this specific scrap.
    2. Add a meaningful story - yes...journal! but there isn't a limit or certain amount....it's all you
    3. Photos optional
    4. Make a page you LOVE.

Please post your completed layout in The Lilypad gallery. GALLERY RULES: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products. (Templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed.

***You have 48 hours to complete your LO***

G.J. likes this.
  2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

3. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

4. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

5. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Thanks for the chat and scrap.
    [​IMG]

wvsandy and flowersgal like this.
  6. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Thanks for the chat and inspiration. :-)

[​IMG]

wvsandy and flowersgal like this.
  7. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Somehow I must have missed the notification of the chat (have been in with Covid and not my sharpest). Anyway, I made a page and realized I could have made many more with more detail although I don't have photos to illustrate.

[​IMG]

wvsandy and mcurtt like this.
  8. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

We don't have four seasons in my country, but the word 'summer' reminds me of pools and beaches. Is it okay if I scrap about a vacation memory where we spend time in the pool or at the beach?

wvsandy likes this.
  9. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I searched but have no photos from this summer memory, but here is my interpretation of that time.
    [​IMG]

10. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

guess my best summer memory is of 47 years ago today, i met my husbund

this layout was, guess only one i would ever want to print, not for chat credit as not lily products

day-we-met.jpg

wvsandy likes this.
  11. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

I really enjoyed this, thank you Farrah!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
    wvsandy likes this.
  12. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I'm sorry I missed the chat, it was lunch time here!! So, my page journaling is about a moment of joy and happiness after many years without enjoying a swimming pool, and I could do this on my bday this year! it was like one of the best gifts for me! I had a serious problem in my leg, after a severe bike accident many years ago, so last year I finally had surgery to fix it..and this year in february, our summer here, after all was healed... pure joy on the pool!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
    wvsandy likes this.
  13. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for the chat and the page inspiration Farrah, here's my page.
    [​IMG]

14. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

I did kind of a stream of consciousness journaling as I was thinking about playing round and round of solitaire. This was a fun layout to think about and execute!
    [​IMG]

*Fixed the typo.

15. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Thanks for the prompts Farrah. Mine:
    [​IMG]

16. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

Well, you said journal ... so I journalled! Too long to translate, I'm sorry. I've written a novel here. LOL I've written about the summers when I was a teen, and our hometown got "invaded" by tourists. We have a lovely camping ground, that attracts lot of people. It was an adventure when I was a teen. I'm writing about the people I learned to know from all over the country. The things we used to do: watching live music at a festival, dancing at the disco, riding our bikes all over town, playing mini golf. Also telling the story about my first love, that cute little boy at the bottom of the page. Finally, I'm talking a bit about how I felt, and how visiting the camping ground today makes me feel young and free again.

[​IMG]

17. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

Sorry I didn't get to the chat, but thanks for the journaling prompt. I went way back in time (feeling really old as I realise this photo is almost fifty years old!).

[​IMG]

18. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

I scrapped a beach photo and journaled about my childhood memories at the said beach (it was my favourite spot for relaxing and clearing my mind during my childhood and teenage years). Hopefully it meets the prompt requirement.

[​IMG]

19. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Sorry for being late, a very bad migraine didn't allow me to scrap my page before. Wishing you a wonderful day!
    [​IMG]

20. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Yes...of course =)

zakirahzakaria likes this.