September Journaling Challenge

Discussion in 'September 2022 Challenges' started by bcnatty, Aug 31, 2022.

1. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

Hello everyone!!
    I am here to bring you the journaling challenge this month. I typically stick to minimal journaling on my layouts, but I wanted to change it up a bit this month.

As kids in our part of the world are returning to, or have already returned to school, I wanted to take a moment and remember my summer vacation. I just came back from the most beautiful place...and it happens to be pretty much in my backyard. I seriously can't believe that it's taken me over 40 years to go here.

I'm talking about Banff, Alberta - which is only about 8 hours away from me. And it's absolutely beautiful. If you ever have an opportunity to travel here, I promise, it will not disappoint!!

This month, I want you to journal about a vacation you went on. It can be from this summer, last summer, years ago, when you were a kid...it doesn't matter. But I want to hear about why it was special to you. Tell me all about it, and let's inspire each other to travel the world!!
    Because this is a journaling challenge, you must have at least 10 sentences of journaling.

Here is my layout featuring the beautiful Moraine Lake...can you believe that this is a straight out of the camera picture???

[​IMG]

Remember:
    Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the September Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread (please use the share BB IMG code found on the right side in the gallery).

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Take me around the world and inspire me!!!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
  2. Marilyn

Marilyn Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
    bcnatty likes this.
  3. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

I'm going to have fun with this one! Woo!

bcnatty likes this.
  4. MariSt

MariSt Well-Known Member

I went to Banff for the first time this summer too! It was an hour and forty minute flight from Portland and I can't believe it took me this long to get there! Breathtaking and unbelievable!

Electra and bcnatty like this.
  5. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

Perfect challenge for me this time....

6. myka

myka Well-Known Member

I decided to do our Hawaii trip because I thought we'd be back there by then, but haven't made it yet.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
    bcnatty likes this.
  7. CathQuillScrap

CathQuillScrap I suspect foul play...

8. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

9. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

10. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

Here's mine!
    [​IMG]

bcnatty likes this.
  11. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

12. Ruthe14

Ruthe14 Branch Manager of my family

13. Meibritt

Meibritt CT - Kate Hadfield

14. SanVHM

SanVHM Pluk de dag!

15. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

Wah, wah, call me a whambulance. I haven't been on vacation in 5 years. Can it be an older vacation?

16. AnotherAmanda

AnotherAmanda Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

For our 5th anniversary, we decided to spend New Year’s Eve at Disneyland. It was insane. We arrived on Dec. 30 and were warned to stay all day in the park for New Year’s. We started at 7:30 a.m. The park was already busy. The lines were unbelievable. We rode “Pirates” and “Haunted Mansion” the most. We had lunch at the Blue Bayou. We walked around looking at the decorations and eating junk. We checked the countdown clock. We waited. We waited in lines. We found a spot. We saw the fireworks show. We were so tired. Still cool.

17. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Great challenge, its always fun writing memories.
    [​IMG]

18. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

19. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

Here is mine:
    [​IMG]
    Glad you enjoyed Banff and Moraine Lake. Peyto is even a brighter turquoise! I live about 45 minutes from Banff.

bcnatty likes this.
  20. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

The trip to the Bronx Zoo:
    Trip to the Bronx Zoo 1994.jpg

bcnatty likes this.