Rachel Jefferies Mixed Media Challenge - May 2020

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by ArmyGrl, May 2, 2020.

1. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

This is interesting because I used an out of focus picture on a layout today. I'd wanted to use it, but just couldn't get it to work. I used it in a blending challenge and the blending around the edges totally made it work. Glad to see that Marilyn @mcurtt finally got to use her photo!

Didn't mean to hijack the thread. LOL Love your challenge, Lisa!! I'll be back with a page.

mcurtt likes this.
  2. ajm

ajm Well-Known Member

Lisa really challenged me and I went completely out of my comfort zone. That's also why I love challenges so much, learning new things and being creative without boundaries.

Here's mine (again) linked for credits

[​IMG]

RJMJ and mcurtt like this.
  3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

4. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 5, 2020
    RJMJ, mcurtt, ajm and 1 other person like this.
  5. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I don't consider this hijacking at all! I think it's great there is a discussion about using a blurred photo in a layout. Marilyn's layout is quite remarkable....I might have thrown away that photo. But, there is such a soft and dreamy aspect added to the feel of the of the overall work. It's got my brain thinking maybe I should not be so quick to hit the delete button.

Thank you for chiming in, Cheryl! :bk

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  6. CharlotteM

CharlotteM Well-Known Member

thank you so much!:beat
    I was inspired by the flowers and stitches
    ..and.....New Release Bonus Entry.....:yup
    [​IMG]

flowersgal, RJMJ, ajm and 1 other person like this.
  7. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for this challenge, and an opportunity to explore this new software a bit more. I was inspired by the outlined girl on the swing and the general overall colour pallet.
    [​IMG]

mcurtt and ajm like this.
  8. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Glad I got past the words "inspiration board." I don't "get" inspiration boards. To me they are just sensory overload. I am a deer in the headlights, and if an inspiration board is part of the requirements, I usually quickly move on to something else. But I saw ajm's beautiful page as I scrolled down, and that as much as anything, inspired me. So I crept up to the inspiration board to see if there was anything there for me. As I hope you can see, the 3rd one down on the far right caught my attention...so like I quilt I made and have on the couch in my living room. Here's what I did with it (& am expecting a Bravery Award for persevering) :
    [​IMG]
    ajm's thumbnail and link to her gallery page, along with all credits are in the gallery: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/05-2020_mixedmedia_quilt-livingroom.433500/

flowersgal, mcurtt, ajm and 1 other person like this.
  9. ArmyGrl

[​IMG]

@SharLamb This trophy is for your bravery! Thank you for stepping outside your comfort zone and joining us this month!

SharLamb and Angela Toucan like this.
  10. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

11. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

12. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Smwhite, mcurtt and ArmyGrl like this.
  13. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I was inspired by the messy marks, threads and paints. Thanks for the fun challenge!
    [​IMG]

ajm, mcurtt and ArmyGrl like this.
  14. ArmyGrl

Oh yes, I am going to keep participating in my own challenge. :giggle From the inspiration board, I absolutely love the appliqué flowers and their intricate stitches. I also love the textile art with the house...that blue sky which looks stormy to me. Thus, I make a moody art journal piece.

[​IMG]

ajm, wvsandy, mcurtt and 1 other person like this.
  15. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I love it that you participate in your own challenge, Lisa!! I was inspired by that picture of the lane with the trees on each side and the peachy sky at the end. I also loved all of the texture and did a lot of texturizing.

[​IMG]

When I enlarged the inspiration board, I saw all of that beautiful texture and I knew I wanted to use that one!

1-Inspiration-Board.jpg

Last edited: May 10, 2020
    ajm, ArmyGrl and mcurtt like this.
  16. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Awesome challenge, Lisa! Thank you for the inspiration.
    I was inspired by the quote on the dress and the stitches. I'm also eligible for the New Release Bonus Entry.
    [​IMG]
    Credits in gallery

mcurtt, ajm, RJMJ and 1 other person like this.
  17. silent ranks

silent ranks Don't forget to turn back around

18. ArmyGrl

My goodness! I love all the arty goodness coming out of this challenge! Keep 'em coming!

RJMJ and Cherylndesigns like this.
  19. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

I love your inspiration board! The horizontal lines caught my eye first and they are so delicate in some spots. I remembered a watercolour piece I did a while ago and searched for it, because it came to mind. I felt when I did it that I created the sense of texture on it. The flowers at the bottom right also inspired me and the sky in the painting.
    I was wondering what I would use as a mask for the bubblegum pink army soldier image and glitter and then I tried using some of your paint pieces in All About Him. And I am happy with the result. I have never even thought of doing that before. Why the army guys? Because I love the image and the question it injects into the rest of my flowing, more delicate image. Thanks for the challenge, it was so much fun!
    [​IMG]

mcurtt and ajm like this.
  20. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

I Love Mood Boards!...They Are Always Open To So Much Personal Interpretation!...One Of My Favorite Things About Art Journaling/Mixed Media Layouts!...There Was Sooo! Much To Inspire Here...The First Thing I Saw Was The Rain & The Umbrellas...[In My Layout]...Next It Was The Flowers..[In My Layout]...Then All The Assorted Textures...[In My Layout]...The Thread...[In My Layout]...The Color Purple + The Light Glow Coming From The "Purple Power"...[In My Layout]...The Mix Of Colors Used Here...[Purple/Orange/Blue]......[In My Layout]...The White Space Around The Girl Swinging...[In My Layout]...The "X"...[In My Layout...Well Multiple "X"s...]...Black...[In My Layout]...Lots Of Texture/Paint & Splatter...[In My Layout]...These Pieces Also Made Me Think Of Nature/Outside/Animals...Hence The Birds In My Layout...The Mood Board Is Filled With Dark Tones...But This Made Me Think Of The Opposite...Happiness! As Opposed To Negative...So That Was My Theme...Happy Times!...Positivity!...& Lots Of Happy Uplifting Rainbows!...Whew!...Hope I Covered Everything...

*To Create My Rainbows Of Texture Layout-I Used:

*Let it Go-Rachel Jefferies
    *Welcome Every Moment-Collab-Rachel Jefferies & Micheline Lincoln Designs...[New Release BONUS!!! Qualifications For This Challenge...]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    mcurtt, ArmyGrl and ajm like this.