Rachel Jefferies MARCH 2020 Mixed Media Challenge + FEB '20 Winners

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by mcurtt, Mar 2, 2020.

1. rdutch

rdutch Well-Known Member

mcurtt likes this.
  2. lm44west

lm44west All You Need is Ice Cream

[​IMG]

I used the sunshine in her soul template and the My life unscripted 2 kit

Five extra items are: 1 splatter, 1 tape, 1 collage, 1 artistry sketch, a ribbon

mcurtt likes this.
  3. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Five extra items: paint splatter, frame, paper piece with stitching, sprout, staple cluster
    [​IMG]

mcurtt likes this.
  4. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Another Fun Challenge!...I'm Finally Here To Post My Layout...It Sure Has Been A Busy Month!...Lots Of Fun Recipe Guidelines For This Challenge...With Covid-19 Taking Over All Of Our Daily Lives...And The News Abound With Negativity...I Created This Layout About The Importance Of Finding Some Personal Time To Make Yourself Happy...Especially During These Uncertain Times...If You Only Have A Moment To Spare...Take A Deep Breath...& Do Something That Makes You Happy...Like Taking Some "Me" Time To Have A Cup Of Your Favorite Java...Hot Chocolate Or Breathe In Some Of Your Favorite Herbal Tea Blends...Whatever It May Be For You...Be Sure To Seek Out & Find Those Moments In The Chaos...To Escape...Even If They Are Fleeting Or Few & Far Between...

*As Per The Recipe Rules Of This Challenge:I Included In My Layout:

*one photo (You may add a stroke to it which will NOT count as one of the 5 additional elements.)
    *two papers (They may be stacked, cut, blended. You decide.)
    *three word art elements (Either word strips or word art)
    *four types of marks (Rachel's signature)

*And My 5 Extra Items Were:1 Flower/1 Confetti Scatter/1 Paint Scatter/2 Stamps

*Just A Note:The Large Round Green Circles In The Background Of My Layout Were On One Of The Papers That I Used & The Confetti Was Also On The Same Paper...I Did Not Add This To The Layout Or The Paper...They Were In The Original Paper Design...I Blended This Page Into Another To Get The Look I Achieved With Added Effects...

*For My Finding Ways To Be Happy Layout-I Used:

*From The Rooftops:M3-Add-Ons-Mixed Media Artistry & Paperie-Rachel Jefferies
    *Hope Shines Bright-Bundle-Rachel Jefferies
    *Fear Not-Bundle-M3-Add-Ons-Rachel Jefferies

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    mcurtt likes this.
  5. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Amazing pages everyone! And just a reminder that we still have a few days left. This challenge is open through March 31st!

6. AnotherAmanda

AnotherAmanda Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5 additional items -
    Butterfly button
    Paper Branch
    Orange Flower with Staples
    Paper Leaf
    Confetti Cluster

mcurtt likes this.
  7. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

Extra Bonus for the new kit.

for the March Design Challenge -my five items 1. staple 2. tag 3. flower 4. leaf 5. thread

I wasn't sure if the journaling counted as an item. If it does, I can take out the staples.

All supplies are fromHope Shines Bright 2: Bundle by Rachel Jefferies

[​IMG]

mcurtt likes this.
  8. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

This was fun and scary all at once, thanks for the great recipe!
    my x5 additional elements were - Washi tape, book/paper strip, corrugated card frame, staples and edge doodle.
    I also learnt how brushes are all completely different and Rachels include her markmaking which I used here in x2 places - AWESOME!!

[​IMG]

mcurtt likes this.
  9. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Hey There Everyone...Had So Much Fun Creating My First Page...That I Decided To Do Another...Specifically With Rachel's SOSN This Month For March At The Lilypad..."Poisson"...It Is One Of My Favorite & Go-To Kits For Scrapping Layouts!...And I Have Many Layouts In My Gallery Showcasing The "Poisson" Pieces...From The Majestic Blues & Pinks In The Papers...To Those Ocean/Sea-Like Blue & Soft Pink Elements...Combined Together With Rachel's Signature Marks & The Perfect WA!...It's A Dynamite Combo!...One I Never Tire Of Creating Pages With...I Thought It Was The Perfect Combo For This Challenge...And Perhaps Some Interesting Timing...Since I Think We Could All Use Just A Little Bit More Dream-Like & Calming Qualities Around Us...Especially Right Now...

*For My Blue Ocean Dreams Layout-I Used-Poisson:Mixed Media Artistry & Mixed Media Paperie

*As Per The Rules Of This Challenge:

The recipe:
    1. one photo : Yes
    2. two papers : Yes
    3. three word art elements (word strips) :I Separated One WA & Made It Into 3 Word Strips
    4. four types of marks (Rachel's signature) :-) :Yes
    5. five additional elements of your choosing : Yes : I Used 2 Confetti Scatter / 1 Cloud Stamp / I Star Stamp / 1 Blue Sea Mist Overlay

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    mcurtt likes this.
  10. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Thank you all for participating. This challenge is now closed. The winners will be announced in Rachel's April challenge thread, coming soon!

11. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

Thank you so much everyone for playing along!! I can't wait to get some free time at the weekend to sit down and look at all of your pages!!

The April challenge will be coming tomorrow :)