Rachel Jefferies July 2019 Mixed Media Challenge + June Winners

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by Rachel Jefferies, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

June Winners

Thank you so much for playing along in the June challenge I LOVED all of your pages!! I'm so sorry that I'm behind this month on leaving comments on your pages, it's been a crazy month but I promise I'll be visiting the gallery soon to take a closer look at your pages!

The winners are . . . .

$10 coupon goes to @cinderella :clap $6 coupon goes to @Cherylndesigns :clappy - I'll get your coupons to you asap :)

July 2019 Challenge
    Each month I host a different Mixed Media Challenge :byay

This month I thought it would be fun to try and create a mixed media or art journaling style photoless page :)

The subject matter is your choice, it can be an all about you page, it can be a memory keeping page or just a piece of digital art because it makes you feel good creating it. Let's bust out some favourite pieces from your Rachel Jefferies stash and get artsy :)

I decided to go for an Art Journal/Mixed Media Style portrait page with a small spot of journaling.

If you're struggling with how to compose a page with no photo here is a brief walk through of how I created my page.

rjefferies-sowhathappensnow-photoless-walkthrough.jpg
    1. I chose a paper that I created for the September 18 M3 Collaboration because it already had some prep work done for me. Many of my Mixed Media Papers have a starting point. Grab some of my Mixed Media or Collage Papers and have a look at where there are already marks, or paper pieces etc. and see where you find the urge to start creating. I chose to start creating to the right hand side seeing as the design was already more on that side of the page.
    2. I added lots of flattish Mixed Media elements like overlays, stamps and some mark making.
    3. I then started working in the top left corner to begin balancing out the page design, adding some paint, and some paper elements, a tab and I then went back to the other side and added some paper elements, some lace and some stitching to add dimension.
    4. Finally I decided to blend one of my confetti papers into the layout to create some confetti scatters at the bottom, I added some small discreet journaling to the top left corner and some word art near the bottom. To finish my page off I used a scribbled line to bridge the gap between the two sides of the layout and added a stitched border.
    Here is my finished page.

rjefferies-sowhathappensnow-photoless.jpg

Credits: Mixed Media Monthly Collaboration Sept 18 | Mixed Media Monthly Collaboration Oct 18 | Mixed Media Monthly Collaboration Mar 19 | Mixed Media Monthly Collaboration Apr 19 | Mixed Media Monthly Collaboration May 19 | M3 April 19 Eclectic Overlays by Rachel Jefferies | M3 April 19 Confetti Papers by Rachel Jefferies | Make Art & Journal 3 Mixed Media Artistry by Rachel Jefferies | Messy Machine Stitches #2 by Rachel Jefferies. Font: 1942 Report.

These weren't created for the challenge but I've grabbed some photoless pages from a few of my captivating sistas to inspire you for this challenge!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Challenge Requirements:
    • Where possible challenge layouts must use 100% of Rachel Jefferies Designs currently available at my TLP store (Collaborations including my Mixed Media Monthly Subscription Kits and Add Ons are also ok!). The exception to this is retired products that were previously for sale at TLP which can be used. A few elements here or there from other products that were previously available prior to my retirement or freebies may also be used.
    • Upload your layout to the Rachel Jefferies Designs Gallery at TLP
    • Please also reply to this thread for your challenge entry to be counted, with the image of your finished layout linked to the gallery.
    • No double dipping for other challenges, I'd like to see brand new pages
    • The challenge will be open through July and I'll pick a random participant to win a $10 coupon to my shop and announce this when the August challenge is posted.
    • **It would be helpful when posting your page in this thread that you note you are eligible for the New Release Bonus Entry (see below) and you make a note of which July 2019 New Release (or July SOSN release) you used. This would make it faster for me cross checking all the entries when making the random draw for winners!
    New Release bonus entries ..

It feels great to scrap with fresh new releases, if you are scrapping with a product released during July 2019 (either a new release or a SOSN release) you'll bag yourself a bonus entry for an extra chance to win a coupon should you not be the $10 coupon winner. One winner from the bonus entries will be picked from random to win a $6 coupon to my shop.

I can't wait to see your mixed media layouts! Please let me know if you have any questions or need help :)

Cherylndesigns, Ga_L and Thuria like this.
  2. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

3. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

4. Thuria

Thuria Well-Known Member

Thanks for this challenge - Used kit: Citron
    [​IMG]

5. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

6. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

I used everything exept the collages paper from the BYOC by you.
    rjefferies-citron-limesm.jpg

7. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

I made two pages, I did not resist putting a picture on one of my pages!
    I used Citron!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I can't believe it! Thank you so much!
    Awesome challenge this month too.

Rachel Jefferies and ArmyGrl like this.
  9. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

10. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Here's mine - was fun using bits from all the kits I have
    [​IMG]

11. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

cinderella likes this.
  12. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

13. CharlotteM

CharlotteM Well-Known Member

14. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

@Rachel Jefferies thank you so much - I'm just thrilled! We've been on vacation and just got home late last night. :dancebun

Rachel Jefferies, redplaid3 and Ga_L like this.
  15. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thank you all for your kind comments. We just got home late last night and I pretty much unplugged for the week we were away.

redplaid3 and Ga_L like this.
  16. Cinzia

Cinzia Well-Known Member

From You are Magical -stardust-and-things

stardust-and-things.jpg

17. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

18. Traumelfe

Traumelfe Well-Known Member

19. morgyns

morgyns Well-Known Member

Using July’s Citron kit