SharLamb

07-19_MixedMedia_WelcomeToSeattle

07-19_MixedMedia_WelcomeToSeattle
SharLamb, Jul 6, 2019
Description:
Most scrapping/digi art in galleries is pretty, upbeat, optimistic, happy, etc. I hope this departure is not offensive. It was a little Art Therapy for me. Not sure if I feel any better, but at least I said it "out loud."

Ironically, this pessimistic art journal page is made entirely with Rachel’s beautiful Aquarelle kit. And it is partially due to the relief from the world that I love digital art. Thank you, Rachel, for the challenge.

Fonts: Aisling and Courier New
Electra and Ga_L like this.
    • jaye
      oh my goodness, so sorry that you are dealing with this in your neighbourhood. I understand your frustrations. I live in a townhouse and keep my front garden neat and tidy with a perennial garden, however my new neighbours dug up the little garden that was there, put in patio stones, ugly garden statues, have allowed weeds to grow through and never finished the edging :(

Your page is wonderful art therapy with the blues and greens helping to convey your feelings.
      SharLamb likes this.
    • Ga_L
      I love your background and your choice of colors. thanks for playing and sharing
      SharLamb likes this.
    • Electra
      This is terrible, my heart goes out to you. Your page is first in the thread, so I am thinking you knew right away what you wanted to get off your chest. Great page!
      SharLamb likes this.
    • ArmyGrl
      I sincerely feel your frustration. I work. I go to school. I NEED sleep. I NEED quiet. Call me a hater, but really? Why can’t people be courteous and respectful. Freedom does not give us the right to infringe on other peoples’ rights.

Sorry...off my soap box. But you have tapped into a frustration of mine also. Okay, off my soap box again. lol!
      SharLamb likes this.
    • ajm
      So sorry for you, sleep is so important. Your page is really beautifully done, especially the journaling!
      SharLamb likes this.
    • mcurtt
      So glad that your art journal page is helping you vent. We had very similar issues at our former home. It got so bad we finally ended up moving. And here we are, now out in the middle of nowhere, and we still hear firecrackers and noise, trash is thrown out onto the country roads by people from their car windows, deposited onto our property so we are forced to pick it up. One of these days, I hope that they will get their just reward...
      SharLamb likes this.
    • redplaid3
      I love your sentiments. I, too, have tried to push the world back. It is so much better to be centered in Christ and His peace. Just wish everybody had the vision! Hang in there. Great AJ piece....that's what I like about AJ, so free to say and be.
      SharLamb likes this.
    • Rachel Jefferies
      never feel the need to apologise or worry that your journaling is offensive, art is a tool for us to be expressive and this is a safe place to share all of your creations, happy or sad. Thank you for taking part in the challenge, i love your page and really hope your situation gets resolved, that sounds stressful :(
      SharLamb likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Rachel Jefferies
    Uploaded By:
    SharLamb
    Date:
    Jul 6, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    95.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    457px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).