Post Event Blues Therapy?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Serena, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

So.. I'm experiencing the post event blues and decided to scrap it to make me feel better.. (You can see it here if you'd like!) But as much as it was satisfying to capture the memories and get the songs put onto each outfit so I wouldn't forget, I'm still a little sad.

(Doesn't help that I didn't get any truly great photos because my phone camera sucks..)

Is there ways that you guys get over something like this? How do you cheer yourself up after? I'm all ears!!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I haven't ever heard of this group . . . but I love your fun layout!

I know exactly what you're talking about . . . I went to see Elton John and Barry Manilow (I know, I'm old LOL), and it was like a let down the next day. I was so excited leading up to the events and then they happened and it was so fun and then it was blah, back to normal.

What works for me is looking through the photos and scrapping, even listening to the music quite a bit afterwards. Looks like you've already scrapped - but maybe add another page with journaling, like about how much the tickets were and how you felt beforehand, when you first became a fan, etc.?

Serena, bestcee, cfile and 1 other person like this.
  3. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Hmmm...I honestly don't know...I'll have to ponder and come back to edit :)

Serena likes this.
  4. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I know exactly what you mean! I was so excited to see Florence and the Machine when she came to Brisbane and I had tickets WAY early .... waiting and waiting ... anticipation was HIGH and then BOOM! It was over and all I had were the memories, some AWESOME photos and some videos that I took my camera (that I smuggled in :giggle)! You have reminded me that I planned to scrap about it and your page inspires me to pull my finger out and get it done!

Serena likes this.
  5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I am in agreement with Cheryl... So glad you went to the concert and had a great time. I like Cheryl, do not know this band, but going to see Barry Manilow in NY at Forrest Hills (where they do the Tennis matches), Journey with Steve Perry in NY at Nassau Coliseum, Alabama, John Denver at Westbury Music Fare and at the Nassau Colisuem and then the concerts I went to at the Jones Beach Theatre seeing Willie Nelson and others... I saw more concerts in my youth... tthat was all before scrapping and I can tell you I have fond and fun memories from every one of them. when you scrap it with photos, you can still hear the music and reminisce, so even though the event is now over, remember the good times. That is what I do with everthing.. it could be a vacation too.. I reminisce in my mind and if I have a scrapped page to jog the memory, all the better! Love your page!!

6. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

sorry you are feeling the blue after such an fun event for you! I've never been to a concert, so this part I would not be sure of what to tell you..... but I've felt the blues of wishing a big event wasn't over, like weddings etc.... I think Cheryl and Christa are telling you some good advice!

Serena likes this.
  7. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

After a concert, I love to try to put the playlist together and just constantly listen to the music and remember the night!!

Serena and Rikki like this.
  8. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Sorry that you feel this way.
    Is there nothing else that you can plan to look forward to? Something else that you can anticipate and then enjoy.

Serena likes this.
  9. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Lol..one of the last live concerts I went to was Pearl Jam concert for Choice and I was up next to the stage. When Eddie Vedder shook his soaking wet hair, some of his sweat flew down on me. I felt like a teenage girl!

Get in a comfy place, close your eyes and listen to the music! or do the same in your car, eyes OPEN, going as fast as you legally can. Pure nirvana. :luvya

dawnmarch and Serena like this.
  10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I try to enjoy the moment and memories. And then find something new to look forward to. Like sure, legoland was fun, but that was more a kid vacation. I'm looking forward to the Sept. cruise, which will be more of an adult vacation.

And yes, I don't always have a new vacation to look forward to. So, i find a holiday i love, or plan a friend gathering. Something little, but fun.

Serena likes this.
  11. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I feel this way about everything really. Anticipation of an event, a trip, a holiday, a party is 60% of the fun for me. This is why I make a December Daily album every year and never get my Christmas Day photos scrapped.

I just remind myself that it's okay to feel however I want to feel and that good enough is good enough/nothing can be perfect except in my imagination.

Serena likes this.
  12. Serena

@gonewiththewind Not surprised you haven't heard of them, they're a Korean hip hop group, I got SUPER lucky (I've been following them since 2013) because the Korean Hallyu wave suddenly hit America hard in like 2014 so they came in 2015 and I got to go to that concert, this was the second time they came here. I was nervous for this year as my health has been so much worse and I have anxiety when I'm out with a lot of people. (Turns out that when I'm around others who are so giddy and excited and talking about something I know, I'm back to my usual social butterfly self. The anxiety I had just whisked away when someone was like "OMG! You're a Suga stan? I love Jin!!" I DID pay for it hardcore the next few days, but, TOTALLY worth it. Let's hope next time they come back my health hasn't deteriorated worse!

Also, you're not "old". We're 'aged beautifully like fine wine!" ^.^ Same here, only this year because I was so stressed about my health, I didn't get excited until the day we were going, so I made sure to enjoy every single moment I could just in case. It's the "nothing to look forward to" I think, you know?

I LOVE your idea, I'm totally going to do that page!!!! THANK you for the suggestion, that really would help!

@bbymks5 I'll be here, chiquita!! It's back to work for me, I snuck on yesterday to check this board and RIGHT when I pulled it up, the kids came knocking on my door.. I swear they're spying on me!!! Sundays are chores days and I thought I was going to be sneaky and pop in real quick. It's like they have the 'mom' sensor and went "GET HER, SHE'S TRYING TO CHEAT!!!" I minimized the window and went off.. then ended up going to bed early! NOT a good Sunday...

@amandac That sounds Awesome!!! At least you have those memories!!! I'm still bleh about the ones I have, stupid camera, had I known, I would have used a third party camera app! Apparently it's a known issue. -.-

I totally would LOVE to see your page, you should do it!!! I'm all excited!! :cheer Link me up if you remember, if not I'll just keep trying to stalk your gallery and see when you sneak it in! :D (that probably sounds WAY more creepy than I meant it to.... >.>)

@cfile Those sound AWESOME!!! I was lucky enough to have a dad that worked at the Austin Aqua Festival where they had TONS of singers that came in. I got to meet Willie Nelson and he gave dad one of his hats. I also got babysat by Reba McEntire, she was still fairly new on the music scene so not a lot of people knew her that well. She taught me the song Fancy and I sang it at karaoke for years. ^.^

All those awesome sounding concerts makes me hope that you do a page, I'd love to see what those were like!! You could do an Art Journal like page!! Do you have any of the tickets left over? You could scan them in and create a page like that! Just an idea.

Also, thank you! It really helped to scrap it for me. :)

@Sokee Thank you, Miss Barbara! Don't worry, it wasn't strictly concert blues, I did very carefully put "event" on there to include everyone! Those events are JUST as important and still carry the same weight! I just needed some advice on what else to do and other coping mechanism. I don't have many of those other than how to deal with pain. Even doing the page, while it helped a lot, I still have the same sadness. I felt this way after getting back from Korea too, it's over, there's not really a lot to look forward to, etc, etc.

What's been your favorite event? Did you keep anything from it to remind yourself?

@enjoyyourpix I will do this one soon, right now I've still got the live versions from the concert in my head, when those start to fade, then I'll bust out my list. :D I don't want to hear "I Need You" until Yoon Gi's emotional singing of his part has faded a LOT. And I can't listen to "Always" until I get Nam Joon's emotional "I wish I could love myself." out of my head. Those are precious to me. ^.^

@Eyeore I think you've hit the nail on the head. I DO need that, something else to look forward to instead of an empty future. My Korean father is opening his kite museum sometime in 2018, there's no definitive date yet, they're still negotiating all the plans (I helped with a few of the letters and some legal issues) and he's got a good chunk done, and everything is in place, it's just waiting on those last pieces and whatnot. So without a date, and with my health dropping like it did, I'm more scared to get my hopes up than anything. So I can and can't plan, you know?

I'll keep thinking on this, thank you for that. There's got to be little things I can plan on and look forward to. (Other than new releases here at the Pad. LOL!!!)

@cookingmylife Miss Maureen, ... I adore you more and more each day. Pearl Jam!! Oh my gosh! That must have been AWESOME! And now I don't feel so alone!!!! I told my daughter how I got sprayed with the water and she looked at me like I sprouted a new head for being excited over that...

The boys sing these 'cyphers' which is just the rapping line and two concerts in a row, Rap Monster the first time (who's our resident klutz anyway..) went to drink some water and then got caught up in the chorus which he loved and started singing along.. he accidentally sent water from his water bottle flying everywhere. He stopped, apologized to the girls and then put his water bottle down before going back into jumping. Next years cypher was even more intense, this time it was Suga's turn to be drinking and J-Hope came over and started rapping next to him getting him involved, again the water went flying. It became a joke and before the next year of cypher (again, more intense than the year before) J-Hope made a promise that he would drop water on everyone and everyone laughed. He just picked the bottle up and shook it out at the crowd and then it became a thing.

Since they were more popular now, they had done more and more tours around the world and each concert, one of the boys would make sure people got splashed by water. In 2015, the concert was sold out SO fast, I was lucky to get seats in the middle, luckily someone had cancelled because even the back rows had sold out! But, too far to get hit by the water, so when I did this year (which their cypher for this year is actually someone mellow compared, so I wasn't sure.. ) and J-Hope splashed our side, I was SUPER excited.

You know.. typing this all out, it sounds silly.. but.. I loved it. LOL!!! (Also, while I miss your 'shocked' look, I love your sweet smile all the same!! Sorry, just had to fangirl on you a second! :D)

@bestcee Oooh! This builds on what Miss Stefanie was saying!! Maybe I should start planning the girls get away for me and my best friend. She and I have never had a girls retreat type of thing... just small, us getting away for a weekend, somewhere close. (I can't drive and it's not her favorite so it wouldn't be far, but away from the kids and husbands!) THANK You for that idea!! :woohoo:yippee

@LeeAndra Oooh! What's a December Daily album? And should I try and cheer you on to get it made this year?

13. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Oh do you have a new project to start!!! And yes, those who are the most dedicated start it in mid summer!

bestcee and Serena like this.
  14. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I don't feel this way about music concerts/events but I do feel this way about TV shows. We watched the finale last night for Grimm which I've watched since day one and it was always one of my fave shows to watch while scrapping b/c it entertained but was easy to follow, no heavy plot and I liked the actors in it. So now I'm bummed that its over. I should do a layout about this.

Serena likes this.
  15. Serena

Oh my... teach me!!! Obviously I'm going to have to do this! (I looove Christmas too so.. oi.)

16. Serena

Yes!!! Scrap it! I wanna see! :happydance2 I think I saw the previews for that and was interested. I still haven't finished Once Upon a Time and I LOOOOOVE how they portray Rumplestiltskin as being completely clever and AMAZING instead of some dufus.

bcgal00 likes this.
  17. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I agree with others that planning something new helps! When we get back from one vacation, I always start planning the next and it helps me to get excited about something again.

Serena likes this.
  18. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@Serena We love OUAT too! I'm about 7 episodes behind so need to marathon watch to catch up. If you like that one, have you seen "Emerald City". It was a limited series that I don't think will be coming back but we really am enjoying it. We are 2 episodes from the end.

bestcee likes this.