MOC Q&A - Post your questions here!

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by mrs2a50, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Firstoscartgrouch

Firstoscartgrouch Save the salmon, and the lemon butter!

What percentage of a page is a template considered?

2. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Templates are 15%. When you click on gallery, it shows this, right under the "GALLERY"
    "GALLERY RULES: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products. (Templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed."

mrs2a50 and Firstoscartgrouch like this.
  3. vanessasmed

vanessasmed Well-Known Member

I have the recent 'treasured: the things' collab, from the bloghop. I can't find it in the store (I can only find the 'people' and 'places' collab.) Do you know if mine counts to use for the challenges?

4. suetr

suetr Active Member

So I have been posting my layouts under the Forum post "MO6 Daily Challenge List" started by AnneOfAlamo...one layout per each day's thread... am I posting in the wrong place? That is where I've been going to see the challenges but just realized that the "real" thread for the challenges is up above under big pink icon that says "MOC 2018 challenges" Should I post to all of those threads as well??? Slightly confused and want to do it correctly

Thanks!!

5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

@suetr Sue, the three places you need to post your pages are:
    1> You own gallery here in the forum https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/ and the category to place it in is MOC6
    (Share media with box is to also add your page to the designer galleries of the supplies you used. To note multiple designers all you need to do is hold Cmd on a Mac or Ctrl on a PC and select all the designers you used.. that will add the page to the main MOC6 gallery and put a copy of your page in each of the designer galleries to show off their products!)
    upload_2018-1-18_8-22-38.png

2. Under the MOC 2018 Daily challenge: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/forum/moc-2018-challenges.520/

3. Under the MOC Layouts category for yourself : https://the-lilypad.com/forum/forum/moc-layouts.519/

info is all here under Rules and Guidelines: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/moc2018-rules-and-guidelines.51462/

Hope this helps! (I know it gets confusing as there is 3 places to post. Anne's Daily challenge list post is just to list all the categories so people can use it as a checklist to make sure they are completing everything.)

Courtney @bestcee posted a great post here: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/how-to-make-things-easier-for-you-and-us-during-moc.52126/ to help posting to all the places much easier for everyone during the MOC :)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

@suetr I took a quick peek and it looks like you are posting in all the right places. From what I can tell you've just been using Anne's thread to see what the challenge is and take you to the challenge for the day, instead of going to the MOC 2018 Challenges thread, and that's fine, but hers may not be updated as soon as the challenges are posted. The MOC 2018 Challenges Thread is where all the challenges are started and Anne just makes the list for convenience. But your pages are in each of the threads, and I see that you have your thread in the MOC Layouts thread as well. Hope that makes sense. :)

bestcee and cfile like this.
  7. IntenseMagic

The Things portion of the collab is not in the store as a whole, but some of the designers may have released their portion in the store after the blog hop...for example, I know that Sabrina's Creations did (Treasured), Sahlin Studio did (Treasured) and Pink Reptile did (Treasured), so their parts would count. I'm sure there may be others, those are the ones I knew of right off.

vanessasmed likes this.
  8. suetr

suetr Active Member

@IntenseMagic & @cfile Thank you so much... I am new to this whole posting to forums thing, thank you so much for checking up on me...I just went back and posted layouts again, oh well, the more the merrier right?!

IntenseMagic and cfile like this.
  9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I know it gets confusing... This is my 6th MOC so I am used to it :) Just as long as you are having fun!! :) We are all happy to help!

10. IntenseMagic

It really is confusing when you first start...there's so much to read and remember. You'll be fine! Hope you're having fun!

11. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Question from the day 18 thread:
    If we want to participate in the speed scrap, do we need to make 2 different pages or one page for both? I am confused because in the event calendar it says the pages for events can count towards MOC, but then on Tuesday, Rae said we needed a different page for MOC and slow scrap.
    Thanks!

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

@bcgal00 I didn't go to the scrap, and not sure how this is going?

13. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'm not sure either. I'm going to have Kayla jump in here to see what the rules are. @keepscrappin

keepscrappin and umyesh like this.
  14. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@AnneofAlamo the SS is over. What did you want to know about it? The coupons have gone out.

15. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

YAY!
    I checked with the boss and yes you can use the same layout to count for both the MOC challenge and the speed scrap. However, you MUST ATTEND the speed scrap chat portion and post your layout (meeting all the requirements) in the speed scrap thread by the deadline in order to get the speed scrap participation prize.

Hope to see ya'll at the speed scrap today.

umyesh likes this.
  16. angiekey

angiekey Permanent residence in the gutter

17. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

18. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Done!

angiekey, bestcee and AnneofAlamo like this.
  19. karen Barlow

karen Barlow Member

LindaHanson and keepscrappin like this.
  20. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind