MOC2018: Rules and Guidelines

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by mrs2a50, Dec 24, 2017.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

We thought we would post these early, so everyone has a chance to look them over before the excitement starts in January! Please read them carefully, and let us know if you have any questions!

1. Each day, a new challenge will be posted in the Month of Challenges 2018 forum. Challenges will be posted between midnight and 8:30 a.m. eastern time, depending on the location of the host and their real life commitments. Please be patient - the challenges will be posted daily.

2. Your pages must be newly created specifically for MOC . You must have a different page for each challenge; you cannot use the same page for more than one challenge.

3. Your pages must contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store).

4. Your pages must conform to the guidelines of each challenge in order to qualify as completed. Please read the challenges carefully and make sure your page follows the guidelines of the challenge. We want you to enjoy the process and love your pages, but these are supposed to be challenges that take you outside of your comfort zone. It is important that your page comply with the spirit of the challenge. If you have any questions, post in that thread or message me or the host.

5. For the journaling challenges - if your page is not in English, we ask that you translate your journaling to English and post the translation in your gallery credits. If your journaling is sensitive and/or personal, please message me or the challenge host directly to discuss.

6. All of the journaling challenges will require a minimum of 150 words, in complete sentences, to qualify as complete. Word art will not qualify toward your word count, and you cannot use the same word 150 times. Journaling challenges are meant for telling stories; again, if your journaling is sensitive or personal, please message me or your challenge host directly to discuss.

7. After you complete your first layout, please create a new thread in the MOC Layouts forum (this will be visible January 1) and post your first layout. The title of your thread should be “your username’s layouts” (for example – mrs2a50’s Layouts). Please use your username and not your given name.

8. The first post in your thread should be your first layout. Each additional layout should be a new post in your thread. If you complete all 31 layouts, you should have 31 posts in your thread. Please do NOT create 31 posts ahead of time and edit them as you add the layouts. Post as you finish each new layout. You do not have to post your pages in MOC order; if you do not complete each page on it's day, you can post your pages in whatever order you complete them. If you want to have your layouts in order, you can hold onto your layouts until you're able to post them in order. But PLEASE do not create "placeholder" posts in your thread to fill later.

9. When posting your pages, PLEASE label them with the DATE of the challenge, and the NAME of the challenge (i.e., January 1 - Blind Scrap). This will help me at the end to verify that all challenges are there, and identify which challenge it is.

10. If we have questions or comments about your page, we will contact you via PM. Please make sure your notifications have been turned on. Your messaging settings can be found and edited under the General Settings of your User CP. Our messages are not meant to offend or upset anyone; we simply want to make sure that everyone is following the rules of the event.

11. You will have until 11:59 pm eastern time, Friday, February 2, to complete all your layouts. Everyone who completes all 31 layouts will be entered in a drawing for a full-time Pollywog spot on the Lilypad CT.

12. Additional prizes: Everyone who completes all 31 challenges will receive a $20 gift certificate to the TLP store. In addition, each challenge host will choose one “favorite” page from their daily challenge to receive a $3 gift certificate to the store.

13. If you have any questions you can post them in the Q&A thread HERE, or in the individual challenge thread, or you can message me or the challenge host.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  2. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Twitter, hash tags and texting have made me a woman of incomplete but run on sentences. I have been warned![>]

AnneofAlamo, Karen, mcurtt and 5 others like this.
  3. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I love that the rules are so clarified. Everyone has been warned. Follow the rules!!!! ;)

Karen, JenniferJ, bestcee and 2 others like this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Awesome.. thanks Julie, Laura and all of the Polly's that are hosting. Looking forward to another amazing MOC.

@mrs2a50 I have already registered, but what if the person did not pre-register? Just throwing this out there :)

Vrielinkie likes this.
  5. mrs2a50

Preregistration is not required, but we're hoping it will speed things up at the END of MOC, when we used to have to wait for all to respond with their information.

bestcee, cfile and mnjenlittle like this.
  6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Preregistration means we all get our gift certificates sooner? WooHoo!!!
    :circles:dancebun:fairydance:goldstars:happyclap:happydance2:heartslub:like:idea2:perfect:rollin:stash
    :yourock

7. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I'm just now realizing the end of MOC is in my busy week: last week of term. :overreactAaaargg and since the last day we can finish is on Friday that means I have no time to catch up that last week. Here's to hoping I will be able to keep on track this full month!

Vrielinkie, JillW, BevG and 1 other person like this.
  8. mrs2a50

That's what we're shooting for!

Karen, BevG, cfile and 2 others like this.
  9. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

How does this apply to 2 page layouts? (assuming it's not a 2 pager challenge)

10. mrs2a50

If you create a 2-page layout for a challenge, that counts as one page. If you create page 1 for one challenge, and page 2 for another challenge, as long as both pages conform to the guidelines of each challenge, each page would be considered a separate page and count for each challenge.

However, you could not, for example, create a two page layout for Day 4, and then realize that your second page works for the challenge on Day 11, and also use it for Day 11. You would have to create a new page for the second challenge.

jesskab and Angela Toucan like this.
  11. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Thank you for posting the rules ahead of time! I think I did a pretty good job marking the retired kits, but I'll have to pay extra attention when making my pages so I don't use them.

bestcee likes this.
  12. LBscraps

LBscraps Well-Known Member

I'm glad I read these - and will have to remember to return when it is time to post. Good to know a word count for any journaling challenges ahead of time, thank you!

bestcee likes this.
  13. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

it will be hard for the no-mother english people. can we use google translator (for example). I try to write in english but when it's too personal it's very very hard to write it in english. I have not the same words

14. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Using an online translator such as Google is fine. The idea is just for the host to be able to see that you have followed the spirit/goal of the challenge.

If you have journaling that you are not comfortable sharing in the gallery due to the content/subject, then you would contact the host via conversation (private message) to discuss.

Hope that helps! :)

bestcee and mrs2a50 like this.
  15. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

KimJ likes this.
  16. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

I typically use 100% Lilypad product on the challenges, because then I don't have to guess whether I'm close enough to 75%. If I make a mistake and use a discontinued kit, as long as that kit is less than 25% of the layout I'm OK, right?

bestcee likes this.
  17. mrs2a50

Correct. 25% retired product is okay

18. Genniejoy

Genniejoy Well-Known Member

Ok. So I followed the rules and have posted the layout once. I can't figure out how to make a new thread in 'Layouts' or how or where to post it the third time. I'm brand new, so would love some help please. Also, do I have to explain the 6 elements or can they just be seen as they are? (I did the splattered paint one twice to cover more area, but I don't know how obvious that is, I tried for it not to be.) Thanks for you help.

19. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

@Genniejoy Welcome!
    I'm happy to help you out!
    First: Go to the Gallery here: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/
    Click on the Add Layout Button. It will walk you through adding your layout. Capture3.PNG

Then, go to the Month of Challenges 2018 and Click on that MOC Layouts spot at the top. Capture.PNG

Now you are going to click on that bright Pink Post New Thread button. It'll ask you the name, and name it Genniejoy's Layouts. Then you are going to post in your layout that you added to the gallery above!
    Capture2.PNG

20. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Oh, and for your other question: If you think the host won't be able to tell you used the 2 paints, I would say so. That way you won't have to worry about getting a message about it!

And I missed a step for you above. Once you add the layout, on the side you will see some links. You can copy the Share BB {IMG} Code link and just paste it into the Challenge thread!
    Capture4.PNG

So, Place #1: The Gallery
    Place #2: Your Thread you created above
    Place #3: The Challenge thread

Let me know if you need more help!