Lilypad Letters Swap {Mar 2019} Partner Assignments !!!

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by jenn mccabe, Mar 3, 2019.

1. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Yay! Partner assignments for the Lilypad Letters swap for MAR are here! If you want a digital template to help get the sizes correct for printing @Rikki created one for Mirjam's blog with a little tutorial - check it out here. Also make suggestions for April! :)

March - Color Themed Lilypad Letters
    Jewel Tones @BevG and @Lena Gardner
    Neutral/Kraft @Kat and @KarenB
    Kraft/neutrals @Sokee and @michele hillam
    Faves @Rikki and @jenn mccabe

@A-M No one from NZ or AU has signed up - but let me know if you decide to do one to USA and I can pair you up. :)

Please remember: send a full trading card sized/9 pocket page protector with each pocket filled (& include a letter) to your partner. See my Pinterest Board for ideas regarding what to send. The original post with full details is HERE.

Some helpful hints/tips to get started:
    1. PM your partner to get your swap going. Please do this right away at the beginning of the month. From there you can exchange emails or continue to exchange info via the PM/Conversation feature through the Lilypad site.
    2. Only share your personal info/address via PM/email.
    3. Follow your assigned theme.
    4. Regardless of what theme you signed up for, you can ask a few basic questions to find out what your partner likes. For example: flavors they like or don’t like or favorite colors. Anything they are obsessed with. It’s up to you. But sometimes this helps if you are sending little things like tea, etc.
    5. Be mindful of how much bulk/stuff you add. You can stuff to your heart’s content, but the bulk will add to the cost of shipping. Perhaps you and your partner can discuss if you prefer to “stuff” or go lighter/thinner?
    6. You have until the end of the month to get your letter in the mail to your partner. It does not have to arrive by the end of the month, it just should be mailed by the last day of the month.
    7. Please remember to take a photo before you send your letter out, but wait until you hear back from your partner (that they received it) to post the photo so you don’t spoil their Happy Mail surprise!
    8. Remember to use at least 75% TLP if using digi supplies.
    9. When you receive your letter, PM/email your partner to confirm you received it.
    10. Share what you made for March here in this thread (and in the gallery if it contains 50% TLP stuff) so we can oooh and ahhhh over your creations!
    Have FUN!!!!

Lena Gardner likes this.
  2. jenn mccabe

some suggestions from March that could be used for April:

Spring
    Beauty/Pamper Me/Girly theme
    Earth Day
    April Fools - jokes/laughter/fun
    Easter

3. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Looks like I miss out this time... maybe in May. Just this month I would have had more time to create something as April I will be busy with visitors and going away for a few days.
    I had even ordered some of the pocket sleeves for this.

4. jenn mccabe

Lena said she'd do two ... and Kat did too. Both are US though. Did you want to pair up with a USA partner?

5. A-M

@jenn mccabe Yes Jenn, I am willing to send to USA this time and will then be able to find out the cost for if I take part in the future.
    How about Lena as she listed bright colours?

jenn mccabe likes this.
  6. jenn mccabe

that's what I was thinking! @Lena Gardner are you up for doing a 2nd swap with Anne- Marie?

7. tam65

tam65 Break out the lawn mower!

Hey Anne Marie where do you get your pocket sleeves from. That is what is putting me off doing this.

8. A-M

Hi Tamara, I bought mine through ebay... cost me around $15 for 20 postage included. They are called Ultra Pro 9 Pocket Cards Collectors Album Portfolio Folder Cards ( description on ebay).

9. jenn mccabe

@A-M Since we got a late start on deciding whether or not to get you paired with someone this month - is it OK to just wait for April? We haven't heard back from Lena and it was after the deadline for this month - so we'll put you in for April's swap OK?

Ladies ... give me ideas for a poll for April's swap!!!

I have this so far!
    Spring
    Beauty/Pamper Me/Girly theme
    Earth Day
    April Fools - jokes/laughter/fun
    Easter

A-M likes this.
  10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Jenn, I can't find the link you just posted to Rikki's tutorial, but that's a game changer for me! I tried the old fashioned route with the last few and I just don't have the extra time and I hate the mess I make! I'll get back in for April and I vote for Easter.

I did a couple of month's as digi as I could, but I just downloaded Rikki's template and I was like :circles:circles

I can sit right at my laptop and do almost all of my ATC's. I don't mind adding a few pop dots. LOL

jenn mccabe and BevG like this.
  11. jenn mccabe

12. jenn mccabe

Any other ideas for themes .... I'll post a smaller poll tomorrow with what we have so far!

13. A-M

Thankyou for sharing that link to the tutorial.

Jenn, you can put me down for April as long as the theme is decided early for me as I will be busy towards the middle of the month.

I would like to suggest a colour theme that people could still use Easter theme is they wanted.... YELLOW and ORANGE

jenn mccabe likes this.
  14. Cherylndesigns

I loved Rikki's tutorial! Like I said, it spurred me to get back into the exchange. I've done a lot of semi digi, but hers rocks!!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  15. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Cherylndesigns and jenn mccabe like this.
  16. jenn mccabe

17. Cherylndesigns

It was wonderful, Rikki! It spurred me on to get back in the Pocket Letter exchange. :)

18. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

My letter for Sokee (front)
    [​IMG]
    back:
    [​IMG]

jenn mccabe and A-M like this.
  19. jenn mccabe

20. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Lena should have gotten this on Friday. Just a few days late... and I remembered to take a photo this time. Jewel tones but I also did a spring theme.
    IMG_20190402_135130369.jpg