June 21 Monthly Muse week 2

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by Nemla, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Welcome to week 2 of the June Muse.
    This month we are celebrating the Japanese Art of Kintsugi
    Lisa gave a great explanation last week on the principle of Kintsugi . Mending something loved or precious with Gold so it will remain with us ,and not lost. You can check that out in the thread for week 1 .
    As Cynthia @MrsPeel rightly pointed out. Nothing is more precious than the world we live in, or our home, or indeed our life.
    Whatever is cracked could /should be fixed, mended , or put together, even if there are a few pieces missing, it can still be something beautiful again.
    kintsugi.jpg

( image from Pixabay )

So for this weeks challenge I would like you to
    Heal my world , what is different ? What needs to be fixed with a golden thread of hope ?

You can chose to see this as your personal space ,your country, or the world in general
    it is up to you... It can even be about a person that is your world if you want to go
    that route.
    I find it fascinating how much the Pandemic changed our lives, Most rose to the occasion, but I am sure there are quite a few bits we wish we could mend or fix with a golden thread.
    I have made 2 pages for this week. Both about healing the world we live in, but with
    different approaches to it. They might be very different pages, but the content has
    more or less the same message , I had so much fun with both, and hope you will too when you make your page.
    Can not wait to follow your golden thread of hope !

Challenge Requirements:

1. For the Art Muse, you may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.), with or without a photo. Create any size page you wish. The Art Muse is for everyone! So, have fun and see where Kintsugi takes you.

2. You can use any products in The Lily Pad store or retired products from current Lily Pad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

3. Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE by Midnight, 28 JUNE 2021 and post your layout in this thread by copying the "Share BB Code" to the right of your gallery image.

Each post, up to four total, regardless of the week posted in the month of June earns you one chance to win a $5 coupon to the TLP store. Thus,

1 Muse = 1 chance to win
    2 Muses = 2 chances to win
    3 Muses = 3 chances to win
    4 Muses = 4 chances to win.

This is a very open-ended challenge. You may decide to journal with words or with images. I simple ask that you reflect upon the prompt and let Kintsugi guide you in your creative endeavors.

G.J. and A-M like this.
  2. Nemla

My page 1 for the challenge
    [​IMG]

A-M likes this.
  3. Nemla

my page 2...
    [​IMG]

Cherylndesigns and A-M like this.
  4. caapmun

caapmun Well-Known Member

5. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

It is a long time since I created a digital ATC so I enjoyed creating this one:

[​IMG]

Cherylndesigns, Nemla and AJK like this.
  6. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

7. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

8. Nemla

Wow what diverse and beautiful LO's.

9. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Here's mine

[​IMG]

Nemla likes this.
  10. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I went political this week. I've removed all my written journaling at the bottom of the page for the web version.
    [​IMG]

Nemla likes this.
  11. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

ladies, I am with my jaw on the floor ....ALL, each and every page posted here is so powerful, beautiful in that way scrap booking can turn ugly events into beautiful art pieces, that I feel each of you is a Froggy Fave!!!!!!! I'm not sure I can do just that, my right hand is giving me a LOT of trouble now,another friend of mine passed away from COVID complications, have other issues that are stressing me out, but will go to the gallery for each of you in a bit, (I just went through week one so need a little rest) these pages are awesome, Thank YOU SO SO much for playing with us!!! [​IMG]

@Nemla THANK YOU!!!!! (for doing the prompts, for interpreting all so amazingly, for hosting, for the pages!!!!)
    @caapmun @A-M @Janisn @AJK @Dady @Angela Toucan

Nemla likes this.
  12. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

I'm Technically Late With Week#2...Late As Weeks Goes...But Not As The Month Goes!...LOL!...But I Digress!...Week#2 For Me Is Certainly About HOPE! Of Course!...But The Golden Threads Here...Reminded Me Of The Rays Of Sunlight! Streaming Through The Sky!...Like The Light That Eminates From A LIGHTHOUSE!!!...That Is A Beacon Of Hope To So Many!!!...To Remind Us All...That There Are Always Threads/Light! Of Hope All Around Us! & Within Us Too!!!...We Just Have To Believe In Our Own Inner Light!...That Light Of HOPE! & STRENGTH!...That Inner BEACON!!!...Of Light!!!...Streaming Through!!!....Each & Every Day!...WE Need To Believe! In Our Own Inner GOLDEN Thread Of Light! That Shines From Within!...

*For My Inner Light Of Hope Layout-I Used :

*Let Your Light Shine-Bundle-Mommyish & Studio Basic

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  13. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

So challenging, thank you for the inspiration!
    [​IMG]

14. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Goodness, finally got my week 2 done:

[​IMG]

mcurtt and Cherylndesigns like this.
  15. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I have a painful rift in our family...considering how to scrap how it needs to heal...

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  16. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

17. Nemla

I hope you will enjoy the process ,If it is too deeply personal, use symbols or paint , I always find colour helps convey a mood .

18. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

That's tough, Susan. After MUCH deliberation and soul searching, I just did a private page - it can't share it in an open forum. Maybe just scrap it - "head on" then tuck in a file for your eyes only. I felt a little better after I did that.

19. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I went a little simpler for this week, but I'm happy with my page. I used PRD's "Metamorphosis" kit.

[​IMG]

Nemla likes this.
  20. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I'm going to make it, and then decide if it's too private for public! LOL

Cherylndesigns likes this.