June 2018 Monthly Muse - Week #4

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by wombat146, Jun 26, 2018.

1. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

JUNE'S MUSE: WINGS OF FLIGHT

June's weekly challenges will be posted on June 5, 12, 19 and 26.

Hello everyone and welcome to this month's muse challenge. This month I wanted to use 'Wings in Flight' as our inspiration. Each week there will be a different inspiration associated with wings and flight for you to explore in your art.

Week 4: Wings of Flight Word Art
    Well here we are for the last week of this month's challenge, did the last three weeks go extra fast for you as they did for me!?? :)

This week we are staying with our theme for this month, Wings of Flight, and using word art to express ourselves through art. In particular I want you to think about the word WINGS. It can symbolise so many things; from light and hope to darkness and despair. Not only can the word itself be used to represent the winged creatures of our every day life, like butterflies, birds and dragonflies, but it can also symbolise other magical beings such as angels, dragons, Pegasus and the Phoenix. The word WINGS can also be used to express how we feel about the mysteries of life and the part that we play in them, of what we believe in or how we deal with our lives from day to day.

Your challenge this week:
    If you haven't guessed, your challenge this week is use a piece of WORD ART on your layout which contains the word WINGS! The word art can be from anywhere, from the Pinterest board linked below or one that you have of your own. That is all you need to do, the rest is all up to you; the theme, the colour, the style etc. :)

Below you will find a mood board that contains a host of quotes/sayings that contain the word WINGS. As you can see, the quotes cover a range of thoughts and feelings so I am sure you will all find something to work with.

[​IMG]

PINTEREST BOARD: WINGS OF FLIGHT QUOTES

Here is my page:
    [​IMG]
    *Credits are in the gallery

You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, but for this challenge you do need to use a word art that contains the word WINGS. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you. If you want all 4 Muses on one page that's perfectly ok or you can make 4 separate pages!! It's totally up to you! :)

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to July 2nd and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

If you have any questions, ask away! :)

I also wanted to thank you all for joining me on this month's Wings of Flight journey, I have REALLY ENJOYED seeing the pages you have all made! xx

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    Cherylndesigns likes this.
  2. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Well, Ona, you did it again. I worked on my page as soon as I got out of bed & saw your post. But today I was 5 minutes late for work, couldn't break away to take my shower. I guess it is a good thing that I'm retiring at the end of August. At this point, I don't think that they'll fire me for being late... :-)

I hope you are feeling better. You can expect a page from me either tonight (after dinner with a friend) or tomorrow. I'm 95% done with it.

wvsandy, wombat146 and Cherylndesigns like this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Ona, another awesome challenge and I agree - this has been a fast month!! Hoping you feel better soon!

LOL Marilyn @mcurtt - can't wait to see your page. I just saw this and of course, I have to be gone most of afternoon (same as last week).

wombat146 and mcurtt like this.
  4. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

5. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

Ona, I hope you're feeling much better.

Thank you for the fun and wonderful Wings of Flight challenges this month. You have put in a lot of time and thought in hosting the challenges and for the different mood boards each week for this month.

Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly? Frida Kahlo

[​IMG]

6. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Thanks for this month's muse - it was lots of fun. My layout is a homage to my past doggies.
    [​IMG]

Cherylndesigns, wombat146 and mcurtt like this.
  7. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

8. wombat146

So happy you were inspired and yes, I was late every day for the last 6 weeks prior to my retirement!! :giggle hmmm, there may have been a couple of longish lunches as well!!! :wine

Cherylndesigns and mcurtt like this.
  9. wombat146

Some fabulous pages already!!! and thanks ladies, I am feeling a bit better today. It felt like I had 'put my neck out' somehow and had a lot of pain in the neck area at the base of my skull, feeling nauseous as well. I took some NSAIDs and after a hot shower hubby massaged my neck for me before I went bed and today I have a bit of stiffness but nothing like yesterday! Anyway, it's off to the gallery I go! :)

wvsandy and Cherylndesigns like this.
  10. wombat146

yay! I finally finished my page! :)

11. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Thank you for hosting this fun series of challenges!
    [​IMG]

Carol K. and Cherylndesigns like this.
  12. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

So glad you're feeling better, Ona! Love all of the beautiful AJ pages in the gallery! Here's mine.

[​IMG]

wvsandy likes this.
  13. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

My final ATC for the challenges this month; thanks for hosting and the inspirations -
    [​IMG]

mcurtt and wvsandy like this.
  14. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Thank you Ona for the challenge

[​IMG]

mcurtt and wvsandy like this.
  15. wombat146

Exceptional layouts gals!! you have all created some beautiful and touching layouts this month! xxx

16. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

17. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I found another quote and couldn't resist.
    [​IMG]

18. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

This is an ATC.
    [​IMG]

AJK likes this.
  19. Carol K.

Carol K. Well-Known Member

20. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...