Cherylndesigns

June Monthly Muse Week 4 (Wings)

June Monthly Muse Week 4 (Wings)
Cherylndesigns, Jun 27, 2018
Description:
Credits: llw_thejourneyahead_face 4; llw_m3May18_addon_bits_elements_5; lbw_M3_June17_ADDON_pp04; lbw_M3_May18_wings (recolored); awolff_snapshots_bloghop_messyedge; font_Qasmi Script Regular.
SharLamb likes this.
    • SharLamb
      ooooo...very emotional. Makes you want to know the story...maybe empty nest?
    • mcurtt
      I agree, emotional was the first word I thought of. A wonderful digital representation of a quote.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @SharLamb Shar, this is very emotional. This was a tough one for me to do, but I felt like I had to do it. I lost my son a few years ago and rarely talk about it. This challenge felt like an affront to him if I didn't dedicate it to him.
      SharLamb likes this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @mcurtt SO emotional, Marilyn. I worked on it for two days and almost didn't post it. :(
      SharLamb likes this.
    • mcurtt
    • Cherylndesigns
      @mcurtt Thanks so much, Marilyn. This has actually been very cathartic for me. I'm able to Art Journal what is so difficult for me to put into words. I think I was lead here to learn how Art Journal. This place has been such a blessing for me. :beat:beat:beat
      mcurtt and SharLamb like this.
    • SharLamb
      Cheryl, I know what you are going through. We lost a granddaughter 14 years ago when she was just 2 years old, and it is still a difficult subject. Others don't want us to talk about it...get embarrassed if we mention Morgan's name. I scrap a page about her/our loss a couple times a year...on her birthday and her "going home" day. I get almost no comments if it is clear what the subject is. Not only did we lose a precious grandchild, we sort of lost a daughter (her mom), because it changed who she is forever. But our daughter and son-in-law grew closer rather than apart, as so often happens with the death of a child. They decided they couldn't withdraw because they had Morgan's older sister to raise...and now they have four more children besides! But as you know, a dead child cannot be replaced, no matter how many others there are. I have one "friend" who thinks we just need to get over it! I pray she won't have to learn the hard way that you never get over it. We do look forward to That Day, when we will see her again, but we will always continue to miss her until That Day.

What is your son's name? I'll be praying for you, and referring to him by his name. HUGS and tears, sweet lady.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @SharLamb You just lifted me up, Shar. My son's name is Cory and I so know what you mean about people not wanting you to talk about it. I'm so sorry you lost your precious granddaughter, Morgan. I don't know if people are afraid to talk about it or what it is. Cory's birthday is coming up - July 3rd - so I'm especially vulnerable right now. My own mother told me I needed to "get over it" and get on with my life. It has been so difficult for me - especially when people don't want to acknowledge Cory. My sisters have been such a comfort to me - they never forget either his birthday or his "going home" day which is February 28th. When did Morgan go to Heaven?
      SharLamb likes this.
    • SharLamb
      March 8, 2004. I have to admit that March 7th is the hardest day of the year for me--harder than her birthday--...I think of it as the last day she was with us. She woke up before the rest of the family morning of the 8th, and was playing in her room. She pulled out the bottom drawers of her dresser, climbed up the dresser, and it toppled over on her. My DD found her and tried to resuscitate her, but she was gone. Thinking of what my DD went through is just as hard for me as Morgan's death. I've cried as hard for Zanna as I have for Morgan...Erik (her DH) too. The tears don't come as often now, but as you know, grief comes in waves...and they do still come.

We've warned hundreds of people (and they in turn have warned others) to attach furniture to the walls. It really is a matter of life and death. :'|

Special prayers for you as Cory's birthday draws near. We are not alone in this. In fact I'm sure there are others at TLP who have gone through it/are going through it! We really are a silent society for the most part. And we DO somehow get on with our lives! It's just that our lives are different from what is normal to most people.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @SharLamb Yes, the last time we saw them is the hardest day, that's for sure. Creating this LO was so cathartic for me and I think it spilled out because of the time of year. I rarely tell anybody and don't get to talk about it much and this is the first time I've really gotten something like this out. It felt so good and surprisingly, I felt better afterwards. Love and hugs to you, Shar.
      SharLamb likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Art Journaling
    Uploaded By:
    Cherylndesigns
    Date:
    Jun 27, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    399.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    550px
    Height:
    550px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).