January 9 - QR Code

Discussion in 'MOC 2020 Challenges' started by Karen, Jan 9, 2020.

1. mnjenlittle

mnjenlittle Dewey Decimal, I love you!

Thought I better pop my layout in here while I am thinking of it. I haven't done them in order and am waiting to start my thread up, so this is the only one that I have posted. This is my QR code layout that I did for Courtney's slow scrap this week. I love QR codes!
    [​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  2. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Here's my story and I'm sticking to it. Laurie promised me last week she would send me the links for the dance, but has subsequently lost all of her photos and videos from her phone. HOW?????!!!!!! It's not an iphone so she does not have a cloud backup. So I just went on the internet and grabbed a dance video and used it. So in the spirit of making page with a qr code, it is done, but I really hope she can find that video so I can swap it out later. Grrrrr.

[​IMG]

Karen and angels like this.
  3. ScrappyHappy82

ScrappyHappy82 I didn't know pet stores sold husbands!

My littlest's nickname for Flynn Rider. <3 I've wanted to make this page for years and this was just the excuse to finally do it! I tested the QR code and it worked for me but had to fiddle a little (b/c it's so small I think?).. Anyway I hope it works for you!

[​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  4. MariSt

MariSt Well-Known Member

I love using QR codes in my pages, especially project life! But for some reason my phone (both the camera app and the QR code reader app) have decided to refuse to open the videos! it says there is an SSL error and it can't find a secure connection. No idea why but it's super frustrating. I googled it and the answers refer more to an email account. Anyone know about this and how to fix it? I tied turning my phone on and off. Thanks!

5. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Thank you for teaching me something new. Wow! If I choose to go this direction (I hope I have the time to), I can truly see the utility. And artistry. MOC 8 is AMAZING!!!! Thank you TLP for creating such amazing challenges.

[​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  6. morgyns

morgyns Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I have linked to a short video my sons first steps.

Karen likes this.
  7. crlin

crlin Well-Known Member

Well, I got my QR code a couple of days ago and saved it to my folder. Now I am working on my page and the QR code will not transfer to my page! It was saved as a png and that would not work. I then changed it to a tiff since it wouldn't allow a jpeg. Tiff won't work either! Anyone else have this problem? Help!!
    Could it be because I'm using a template?
    Got it fixed!!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    Karen likes this.
  8. TiggerRMS

TiggerRMS Member

9. wendy85

wendy85 Doin' a little chair dance here at my desk

here is my take. Included QR codes to 3 albums already a fun way to not waste the videos and include them to albums!!

[​IMG]

Karen and angels like this.
  10. bjthomas

bjthomas We will rock you!

I need to remember to use QR codes more often in my layouts! Thanks for a great challenge :)
    [​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  11. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

This was one that first struck me as a real challenge and I thought I'd be linking to a place, but when I looked at the videos I had on my phone, I knew this was the one I would use.

[​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  12. crlin

crlin Well-Known Member

Ok, I think I finally got it! The QR code was in something that PSE could not copy. Finally on my last try it said could not transfer it as is do you want to change it! That was all it needed!! Now I hope the QR code works like it should. I can't test it since I don't do internet on my phone.
    [​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  13. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  14. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

Thanks for this challenge - another addition to my newly learned tricks for this MOC!
    The QR code is for a youtube video my husband put together about our trip to the lake.
    [​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  15. Smwhite

Smwhite Well-Known Member

Wow, another new skill! Thanks for the creative challenge...

QR-Challenge-Chihuly-the-Artist-web.jpg

Karen likes this.
  16. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

17. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

18. jetjez

jetjez Swim the deepest ocean

My daughter loves the K Pop group BTS and wanted a bracelet for Christmas
    QR Code leads to a youtube video of her favorite song

[​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  19. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I cannot thank you enough for forcing me to do this!!!! -well not forcing exactly, you will understand if you read the journaling, or I can explain once MOC is done and we have more time to talk LOL LOVE YOU!!!!!!
    so... THANK YOU MOC (and Karen specifically in this case!) for always helping me grow, not just as a scrapper but as a person!!!

[​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  20. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

Hard one this was :) I could not come up with an idea at first so I went back to all my photos of Barcelona and found a cool place: https://www.coolmapp.com/barcelona/
    When I tried to embed the code my program just shut down all the time so I hope this is okey.
    All photos are my own.
    [​IMG]

Karen likes this.