January 9: Advice To Your Future Self (Journaling challenge)

Discussion in 'MOC 2018 Challenges' started by Dalis, Jan 6, 2018.

1. disneysheryl65

disneysheryl65 Snoring in perfect pitch

This is to me 8 years from now when I can retire. It's not really all about Disney, but I had fun with the page design! I've been wanting to play with this kit. Word count: 271

[​IMG]

Dalis, Mylinn and bestcee like this.
  2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Loved the challenge, thanks @Dalis
    [​IMG]

Dalis and Mylinn like this.
  3. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I am typically a journaling person. I have been thinking about all the things that hurt or were hard in my life and to tell future me to avoid them, but then I start thinking that some of my greatest blessings came from those hurtful times. Hm...how to do this one...

Dalis, cookingmylife and bestcee like this.
  4. shastahun

shastahun Active Member

Someone must have been cutting onions in my house....
    [​IMG]

5. Genniejoy

Genniejoy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the word counter link! :)

cfile likes this.
  6. Genniejoy

Oh yeah, I hear you! My little boys have gone and done the same thing...grown up and mostly outgrown me...I know they'll always need their mum, just not like they used to, and no where near as often! :) Hugs!

7. Genniejoy

I have NEVER done a page anything like this before! I didn't mind it, but these challenges are changing so much of my scrapping! :) I am guessing that is your (plural to all the challengers!) intention! :)

GennieJoy MOC 6 #9.jpg

Dalis, Mylinn, cfile and 1 other person like this.
  8. tw1717

tw1717 Pretty in Pink

1-9-18 - JOURNALING - Advice to your future self

Journaling reads:
    "DEAR ME:
    I WRITE TO YOU, MY FUTURE SELF, TO GIVE YOU SOME GENTLE ADVICE:

-DO TRY TO SMILE EACH DAY AND FIND HAPPINESS AND JOY AGAIN. MOMMA WOULD NOT WANT (US) TO BE SAD FOREVER. I KNOW WE MISS HER EVERY DAY BUT WE HAVE TO LIVE AND HONOR HER MEMORY.

-TRY GET YOUR 'THINGS TO DO' LIST ACTUALLY DONE...YOU HVE MANY PROJECTS THAT GOT PUT ON HOLD AFTER SHE PASSED AWAY IN MAY 2017..SHE WOULD NOT WANT THAT....

-TRY TO PLAN ON DATE NIGHTS AGAIN WITH HUBBY..ALL THAT STOPPED AFTER MAY 2017 AND YOU STARTED HELPING DAD ORGANIZE AND GO THRU STUFF....BUT YOU TWO NEED SOME TIME ALONE AND ROMANCE.

-GET YOUR GALLERY WALL DONE...NOW THAT SOME TIME HAS PASSED, HOUSE REPAIRS ARE ALL DONE WITH WARRANTY WORK....GET IT DONE WOMAN.

-LASTLY, TAKE TIME TO YOURSELF AND MAKE A CUP OF TEA AND READ A BOOK...RELAX. HAVE SOME QUIET TIME ALONE DAILY. MOMMA WOULD NOT WANT YOU TO STOP LIVING."

CREDITS:
    LBW-BROKEN WINGS KIT
    TEMPLATE BUT HEAVILY MODIFIED BY JUSTJAIMEE

[​IMG]

Dalis, tammybean004 and cfile like this.
  9. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

Eeeps! Another tough challenge. Imm looking forward to an easy one soon!

Dalis likes this.
  10. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

This was crazy! Large blocks of text + PSE9 = possibly crying. But it all worked out ok!
    [​IMG]

Trina513, Dalis, threadjungle and 3 others like this.
  11. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

This IS a challenge but not in the length issue. I can always find words but this kind of challenge sure opens up the heart...and tear ducts. Thank you for that @Dalis !

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Dalis likes this.
  12. huyentrang43

huyentrang43 Well-Known Member

13. CarolinaScrapper

CarolinaScrapper Well-Known Member

14. andastra

andastra Can't knock me down for long!

[​IMG]
    Text:
    Hello, younger me, do not stress yourself. Do not listen to everything, what others say to you. Because you will overcome crises. You will get up again,if you have fallen. Not everyone will like how you live. But you do not care. You live your life.You will see who your friends are and what is important in life. That changes every decade and you'll be more relaxed.You will experience beautiful things. You make the best of every situation.You will be brave, strong and creative. You will travel to exciting places and meet new people. You will suddenly trust things that you never thought possible.You will also be happy about little things. Books will still inspire you.You will marry a wonderfulman and get two beautiful daughters from him. You will have a lot of fun together. Get to know the ups and downs.Life often does not go the way you plan it. But it is also often colorful and beautiful.You will grow in your tasks. Do not give up and enjoy your life.Do what makes you happy.Be kind! Love more! Laugh more! Keep Trying! Stay Strong! Judge less! Be unstoppable! Your older self

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    Dalis, cookingmylife and adejong like this.
  15. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I sat down and started writing without thinking about what I was writing.
    [​IMG]

Dalis, bestcee and Mylinn like this.
  16. Saar

Saar Well-Known Member

Here's mine.
    Please don't mind my typing mistakes. English is not my mother language.

[​IMG]

Dear future self,

Your life hasn’t always been easy, it was full of struggle and at one point you didn’t feel at home or at easy anywhere.
    But you got through it. You are braver and stronger than you think.
    And no matter how dark your world seems to be, there’s always light at the end of the tunnel.
    Remember that no matter how hard your life will be in the future, it will get better, you will see the sun shining again, you will enjoy the little things again and you will enjoy Christmas again.
    And don’t forget to smile because no matter how hard will get, you’ve got a lot of good things going for you.
    You’ve got amazing parents and a wonderful family.
    You are a good friend to your friends and your friends will be there every step of the way.
    You’ve got a sweet little kitty who loves to snuggle and comfort you. Remember that you’re not alone and you’ll never will be.

Love,
    Your present self

p.s. love yourself

Dalis, threadjungle, Pachimac and 2 others like this.
  17. Neverland Scraps

Neverland Scraps Always trust, never doubt

Thanks, this was perfect since my husband and I were just talking about Day Eight layout how if felt like a lifetime ago, yet it seems like it was just yesterday. (Talking about our daughter who is turning 17 this year). I was pretty sad knowing the time has flown by and then I saw your challenge.

[​IMG]

I can read the journaling, but just because I can, doesn't mean you can!

Top part:
    "Dear Diary, Today I found some old photos of Madalyn when she was six months old. As Daddy and I talked about the photos, we realized it seemed like a lifetime ago she was six months old, yet it seemed just like yesterday we brought her home from the hospital."

Bottom part:
    "As you look through those countless photos and scrapbook albums that were done in love, don’t be sad that the time has passed, instead cherish those memories that were created through the years. Remember all the amazing things that were done to create the best childhood for the children. Remember that through your love and actions the children will know how much they meant. Hopefully through your love shown throughout the years, that love will pass on to them and the future generations. As you look through each photo and album page, remember your history, their legacy is being left behind for all to see many years to come"

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Dalis, threadjungle and Mylinn like this.
  18. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

Here's mine. It was a good exercise.

If you are reading this, it is because you are having a hard time. Life has a way of going south sometimes and stretching us, but things will get better. They always do. Remember the words of President Hinckley: “Keep trying. Be believing. Be happy. Don’t get discouraged. Things will work out.

I have found this to be true. Things will get better even though today it doesn’t seem like it. God is always close by. I love His promise in this scripture: “For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but my kindness shall not depart from thee, …saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee.” (Isaiah 54:10)

God is near. Ask for His help. Remember in the past when you prayed for increased faith and peace? He blessed you with it. When you prayed to have courage you needed, He gave you that. He will see you through this time, too. The Atonement is big enough for any problem. Call on His help.

Then , as President Hinckley said, look for the good. Focus on the positive and avoid negative things and people. Remember all the times God has blessed you in the past and all the blessings around you. “There is hope shining brightly before [you], and …deliverance is nigh.” I promise.

Last , remember the exhilaration you felt when accomplishing hard things in the past. Didn’t it feel good to climb higher and higher on a Utah bench to reach the amazing view? The wonderful vista is ahead. Keep climbing.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Dalis, lulyg14, threadjungle and 2 others like this.
  19. gduncan

gduncan Well-Known Member

I'm terrible at journaling so I hope this is okay!

[​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  20. Mama Shades

Mama Shades Well-Known Member

@Dalis - Can I do future self taking to present self? Or does it have to be the other way around?