January 20: Scrap a bad photo

Discussion in 'MOC 10 Challenges' started by amandaresende, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Sharon-Dewi

Sharon-Dewi Well-Known Member

Such a fun challenge! I tried to photograph a beautiful scenery one day and then my husband showed up in front of my camera, resulting in this close-up. Because it was an accidental picture and half of his face is missing I had discarded it and wasn't planning on ever including this picture in a scrapbook. But I love the feeling of pure happiness that is captured in this photo, even tough you only see part of his face. And now that I see it scrapped in a layout I actually like this picture! So thank you so much for this great challenge!

[​IMG]

amandaresende, Smileark and myka like this.
  2. AZK

AZK Active Member

Our dog was tearing around the yard at top speed, so she is blurry and the shot makes it look like she only has 3 legs. For some reason we don't have a lot of photos of her so I hung on to this one.

[​IMG]

amandaresende likes this.
  3. melidy

melidy Well-Known Member

Here's mine, I felt so bad that I didn't have a great photo to scrap of the girls first trip to the cinema. They all came out blurry, with people cut out etc. This is the best of a bad bunch but it is still blurry, bad exposure, my daughter is half cut off. I'm glad you forced me to embrace the imperfection and scrap it anyway. Thank you for the challenge.

[​IMG]

4. jnac916

jnac916 Active Member

My daughter loved playing with the point & shoot camera and was always turning the camera around to photograph herself and her brother. She loved making silly faces. I guess you can say she was taking selfies before it was all the rage. This photo is out of focus.
    [​IMG]

5. plumdumpling

plumdumpling CT - Krista Sahlin

Here's my bad blurry photo! What a fun idea for a challenge!

[​IMG]

6. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

7. Joan K

Joan K Maybe I'll just grow down

I went back to pre-digital photos for this one - taken in 1981. The photo has numerous flaws in composition (I am half hidden and there is a big gap between my sister and I), lighting (especially my sister on the left), closed eyes and more, but I think the best thing is that only the baby (my daughter at age 9.5 months) is looking at the camera. Just the opposite of what we often see! Too bad because this was the only photo taken that day - we were visiting my grandfather in a nursing home. So, this challenge was a good opportunity to scrap a less-than-ideal picture.
    [​IMG]

8. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

he impressed with view from bridge either in Nashville or Atlanta on trip to Florida

[​IMG]

next shot was better DSCN6433.JPG

9. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Thank you for the challenge. It was quick and easy .......yeah
    [​IMG]

amandaresende and mcurtt like this.
  10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

11. wvufan04

wvufan04 Well-Known Member

This is definitely not a photo I would normally scrap the background is busy, there's a weird sun flare on us all faces cut off and not sure what expression my husband has - but it was also such a great day and time so it was fun to scrap it.[​IMG]

12. AlyciaIN

AlyciaIN Well-Known Member

Here's my layout with the bad photo (full credits in the Gallery):

[​IMG]

13. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I do not know if my post went here or not, something funky happened. We had no good family photos from Christmas

[​IMG]

14. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

[​IMG]

Besides the bad photo composition, the cat's face is all blurry. If you need me to add the actual photo to the post so it can be seen better, let me know and I will add it.

15. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

[​IMG]

Thanks for this fun challenge! I found a blurry picture of my son with this butterfly.

16. disneysheryl65

disneysheryl65 Snoring in perfect pitch

Thanks for the challenge. This is a photo from Christmas day that went wrong. Trying to capture the joy on my grandson's face...but he's a toddler, so he's gone before I can click!

[​IMG]

17. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Bad lighting due to power outage.
    [​IMG]

18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

[​IMG]

My photo had a whole table of pizza boxes in the foreground, then the tennis team just randomly sitting around a table bored to death while the coach talked. The lighting was terrible and nobody is even looking at my camera. Lol. But it's all I remembered to take, so it'll have to do! :giggle

19. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I should have just looked for photos on my husband's phone (shh don't tell him, but he's a HORRIBLE photographer) ... hopefully everyone finds the humor in this one ... big hair, tongue sticking out, belly showing and loads of motion blur! ... not my best specimen!

[​IMG]

20. Mingo08

Mingo08 Ctrl+Z is my friend

Okay, this challenge forced me to actually scrap this and the only photos I had were all blurry or weird - thanks! NOW I have future blackmail material!

I don't know if the blurry nephew or the very stern DH are what makes this photo off...

[​IMG]