JANUARY 19: CUT OUT BACKGROUND Welcome to the 19th day of MOC 8! Today's challenge is inspired by a paper scrapbook page by Sandra Dietrich. In the example below, you can see the page starts with a bold patterned paper with a repeat design as the foundation of the page. Sandra cuts shapes (five wonky rectangles) out of the patterned paper, turns & shifts them slightly, and then places the cut-out shapes back onto the page with a different orientation than how the pattern originally started. I love the added drama this creates! And the peek of all that watercolor underneath is really beautiful too! So with this paper scrapbook page as inspiration, your CUT OUT BACKGROUND challenge for today is to pick a patterned paper for the FOUNDATION of your page. Cut some shapes out of the patterned paper and then put the cut-out paper pieces back in a different way. You can shift the pieces, tilt the pieces, resize the pieces, recolor the pieces, over lap them ... heck you can even cut up the entire patterned paper and put it all back on the page differently than how it started. The pattern paper and cut-out pieces need to make up 95% of the page's FOUNDATION. The other 5% of your page foundation - can be some paint, stamps or other papers peeking out from underneath. I gave this a try with a similar B&W pattern as the inspiration page. In my example below, I cut 8 pieces out of my pattern paper. I recolored the pattern, and then turned & shifted the pieces slightly and placed them back onto my page as the foundation with just a tiny bit of paint peeking through. Here's another example, where I went to town and cut the entire patterned paper up into pieces. I turned the pieces, shifted them and overlapped them. There are so many creative possibilities with this Cut Out Background idea. And ...here's some awesome inspiration from @MiekSter and @Iowan and @SeattleSheri The rules for this challenge: you must cut shapes (of your choice) out of a patterned paper piece the patterned paper back together with your cut out shapes the cut-out shapes need to be turned, shifted, recolored, and/or resized and then placed back onto the page with a different orientation than how the pattern originally started. at least 95% of the page foundation should be the pattern paper (and the cut outs) - the other 5% can be some paint, stamps or other paper peeking through no templates allowed everything else is up to you! Get creative and have fun with this! I can't wait to see how you all rock this one! Remember: Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges. Your page must be posted in three places: Uploaded to the TLP Gallery (not an outside hosting site). Posted in your page thread you created in the MOC Layouts Folder. You should have one post per completed challenge page. If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts. Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean. Posted in this thread. People can comment here if they wish. Pages should contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store from either permanent designers or guest designers). Pages with just photos and/or journaling do not count toward your MOC pages.