January 10 - Connections Through Time

Discussion in 'MOC 12 - Challenges' started by Lynnette, Jan 10, 2024.

1. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Welcome to MOC Day 10! We’re almost one third of the way through - Woohoo!

One of my favorite ways to tell a story is to show through photos + words how things have changed and/or stayed the same over time.

For this challenge you need to have at least two photos (however you can have more - as many as you want to tell your story!) The two photos, or two groups of photos, need to be separated in time by at least six months. You should be able to identify how these photos are connected in some way - the ways in which they are the same and/or the ways in which they are different.

For example:
    -A home you’ve lived in when you first moved in, and the same home several years later
    -A child at age 3, and the same child at age 13
    -A snapshot of you as a child playing with a favorite toy, and your own child now playing with their favorite toy

The most important thing is that you should make visibly clear on your layout how your photos (or two groups of photos) are connected. Please include some journaling somewhere on your page describing the connection.

Here is my sample layout:

[​IMG]

If you are interested in more examples, here are some other layouts I’ve made showing connections from two points in time:
    Connection: waiting at the doctor for answers
    Connection: Mom life at different ages & stages
    Connection: the same costume, worn 30 years apart

Your challenge layout must include:
    -Two or more photos, taken at least six months apart. You should have only two points in time depicted on your layout.
    -Journaling that describes the connection between the two photos (or two groups of photos). The journaling can be long or short, but must be more than just a name and date. Journal a bit to let us know about how the photos from the different points in time connect.

Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges. Your page must be posted in three places:
    1. Uploaded to the TLP Gallery (not an outside hosting site).
    2. Posted in your page thread you created in the MOC Layouts Folder. You should have one post per completed challenge page. If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts. Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean.
    3. Posted in this thread. People can comment here if they wish.
    Your page must contain Lilypad product (pages with photos and font only do not count). Product from other stores will not be allowed for MOC; your pages must contain 100% Lilypad product (current or retired product from designers or guest designers presently selling at The Lilypad).

Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
  2. Lynnette

This spot is reserved for questions & clarification

Q: what about a layout that includes spring and winter photos about the same field? just wondering what I could include in my journaling because is pretty obvious that pictures were took at different times.
    A: yes, that would work! Just make sure the photos were taken at least six months apart. Your journaling can be simple, even just one sentence stating that the photos are of a favorite place in different seasons.

Q: Any chance you would accept more than two time points?
    A: For this challenge it needs to be only two points in time

crazsquaw and G.J. like this.
  3. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

@Lynnette dear, what about a layout that includes spring and winter photos about the same field? just wondering what I could include in my journaling because is pretty obvious that pictures were took at different times.

4. Lynnette

yes, that would work! Just make sure the photos were taken at least six months apart. Your journaling can be simple, even just one sentence stating that the photos are of a favorite place in different seasons.

G.J. likes this.
  5. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Ooooo - I don’t know if I can find it, but I have our daughter in my dress when I was 6 months old, and me in the dress when I was 6 months old!!! I gotta find the me picture!!!

Calgirl, bestcee, Lynnette and 2 others like this.
  6. Smileark

Smileark Well-Known Member

Thank you for the fun challenge! We were just talking about her sitting on our laps to her sewing on her own. Can't believe I found pictures almost exactly 10 years apart. Just a few days off. Our first pictures of her sitting on our laps are at 8 months old! But 10 years apart seemed to fit better.
    [​IMG]

LLPooh1, BevG, Brendazzle and 2 others like this.
  7. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

8. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Thank you for this challenge - my photos are 18 months apart.
    [​IMG]

9. BLKinOR

BLKinOR Well-Known Member

Any chance you would accept more than two time points? I have a series of three photos which sequentially show the passing down of snowsuits from me to my brother. The first shows me wearing snow suit A, the next has my brother wearing snow suit B and my brother wearing snow suit A, the last shows him wearing snow suit B while I'm in C. I love this series, I think it really does get at a connection.

tlcd1961 likes this.
  10. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Thank you so much my dear for the challenge, I went with a complete different theme, and my pictures are many years apart. The first photo was take on 2016, the second on 2023.
    [​IMG]

LLPooh1 and threadjungle like this.
  11. *sylvia*

*sylvia* Well-Known Member

thank you for the challenge

[​IMG]

12. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Thanks for hosting, Lynnette and for the fun challenge... Our house from 2004 and then in 2021
    [​IMG]

designbylime, Brendazzle and trekmom like this.
  13. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

Thanks for the challenge. I have a gap of about 50 years between the photos, telling the story of a life-long love for cats.
    [​IMG]

14. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for hosting this challenge.
    [​IMG]

designbylime and trekmom like this.
  15. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

very sweet challenge, thanks for hosting, journaling in credits

[​IMG]

16. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Thank you for the hosting Lynnette.

[​IMG]

vdannette, Brendazzle, Dady and 2 others like this.
  17. knclark

knclark Chocolate snob

18. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

19. Lynnette

For this challenge it needs to be only two points in time - I love your idea though and I'm sure you could make it work for another challenge this month.

20. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

1988 to 2024 with some journaling.
    Day 10 Our House in the Middle of the Street.jpg

SeattleSheri likes this.