In your Refrigerator | Pad Patter 8.11

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Aug 11, 2021.

1. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Nothing too unusual here - antipasto, capers, mexican green sauce, liquid smoke, sambal oelek

2. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

That would be me.

I do have a huge pile of Pepsi at my office ... at least nine 12-packs and another three/four 12-packs at home ... plus what's in the two fridges ... 3 cases at work (there are 3 cases of Coke too) and a case at home. I LOVE Pepsi and stock up when it's on sale.

Between only having Chase and my DD at home, their food pickiness, and my hatred of cooking, we eat carry-out or fast food most evenings.

gonewiththewind and bestcee like this.
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

4. bestcee

I had never bought capers before 2 years ago! Also, I didn't know you should store liquid smoke in the fridge - Gotta check my bottle!

What's Mexican Green Sauce?

5. bestcee

What do you usually have?

6. bestcee

I love using buttermilk in baking, and in homemade ranch dip! But I hate keeping it on hand because we can only buy it in 1/2 gal (8 cups!) and it expires super fast! Now, it's usually good about 1 week past the date on the bottle, but it's still faster than we use it up.
    It's cheaper at my store than Amazon, but this is what it looks like:
    [​IMG]

BevG likes this.
  7. bestcee

Not something I keep around! Dh eats it with roast beef, and we don't have that often enough.

8. bestcee

I bet there is! Like, maybe sweet tea? Or pametto cheese? Or something southern-ish?

In Utah (and right now cuz I bought some!) I have a bottle of Fry Sauce. It's like ketchup and mayo with seasonings.

9. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Maybe sauce is the wrong word. It's Pub Style Horseradish by Boars head, lol! It's great on steaks in general, and I love it on a burger.

cfile and bestcee like this.
  10. bestcee

I bet Nick would too! I'll recommend it to him.

jk703 likes this.
  11. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Mexican Green Sauce is spicy and has tomatillos, jalapenos and coriander in it.

You may not need to store it in the fridge, its just easier to keep with my other condiments.

bestcee likes this.
  12. bestcee

I'm intrigued. I'm going to look for this.

13. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Oh my I did not know powered Buttermilk was a thing!! My daughter bakes often and needs it but she never uses the whole bottle. We don't keep milk on hand either, so having a powered buttermilk would be great!

Probably the weirdest thing is a big jar of kimchi - not for me, but hubby and daughter like it.

And 3 different kinds of leftover frosting that were made from scratch. I used to eat leftover frosting on graham crackers, but too much sugar these days. Eventually I guess I will toss it.

Speaking of convenience items, have you ever heard of Better Than Bouillon? It is a paste that you refrigerator once it is open. It works like bouillon cubes -- but tastes sooo much better.

14. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

We're not that adventurous with food. Maybe a jar of pickled jalepeños?

15. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I have orange marmalade, refrigerator pickles (cucumber and onion), apple butter, Conecuh sausage . . .

No pimento cheese right now, but if I have to buy from the store, I'll get the Palmetto brand. My sister makes an incredible pimento cheese spread that has pecans in it. SOOOOO good.

bestcee likes this.
  16. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

we have Miso (hubby uses it with his ramen) and HP Sauce (brown sauce) otherwise nothing truly abnormal here

bestcee likes this.
  17. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

there's a lot of insulin in my fridge door.

bestcee and Donitab like this.
  18. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

Really nothing very strange in my refrigerator either. I have a big jug of pickle juice I drink for leg cramps. Amazing you can just buy the pickle juice. I was always drinking the juice from my pickles and they would get all wilty.
    Must pick up some buttermilk powder - I’ve seen it but never thought about baking with it - duh!
    And the horseradish stuff by Boar’s head sounds great.

jk703 likes this.
  19. bestcee

@Donitab It's not strange to you, but pickle juice is different to me! We have pickles, but just bread and butter or dill.
    @cfile I've never heard of brown sauce. What do you use it on?
    @gonewiththewind refrigerator pickles - onion. Is this onions? Or a type of pickle? Also, I'd never heard of that sausage before! And marmalade is common, but not in my fridge :-)

Donitab and cfile like this.
  20. bestcee

Yep! I love the beef one. I prefer the chicken broth powder when I can find it, or BJ's Warehouse stores had a soft chicken cube that was super fabulous! Then I moved from BJ's market - so sad.