Holiday Tag Ideas

Discussion in 'Document Your December 2022' started by mywisecrafts, Nov 9, 2022.

1. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

Do you ever find yourself looking for the perfect tag for a gift? Or do you ever find yourself short some tags? Have you ever considered stretching your digital stash and taking a hybrid approach for gift tags? Or maybe, you need some ideas to get your creative juices flowing.

Well, I sure am glad you stopped by. I have several tag ideas that I want to share with you. This is just a glimpse of the options that you have with all those fantastic designs in your stash. While my tags are focused on the upcoming holiday seasons, tags are universal to all gifts/occasions and the RIGHT tag is the PERFECT accessory to any gift.

This first tag is one of the easiest hybrid tags to create. I used an actual tag from Becca Bonneville’s Holiday Hoopla Stickers pack and then layered word art from NBK Design Unwrap the Magic Word Art. I would like to note, that I did add a slight drop shadow to the word art prior to printing to give a little more depth.

[​IMG]
    I do love Christmas Trees. This particular tree was worthy of being its own tag, add a little bit of word art and see what you have? "Oh Christmas Tree!"

[​IMG]
    I love layered tags, the dark background paper with the plaid accent really created a fantastic contrast. I HAD to use this super adorable car with the tree on top as my focal point, I added 3d adhesives to it, to make it pop up from the background just a tad. I thought the word strip was a fun add to the “tear” off section at the bottom.

[​IMG]
    Any 3D lovers here? If so, you will love this 3D Christmas Tree approach. The bottom layer of the tree is actually flat, so it will fit nicely up against most gifts. This one is a fun way to use all those gorgeous papers without worrying about adding to many elements.

[​IMG]
    This next tag will most likely be a winner among the kiddos. I particularly enjoying using the "naughty" portion of the list to give my daughter a hard time. If you are thinking...."ummmmm, how do I make this happen?" Have no fear, there's a template to help you along. I used one of Liz' new templates to create this layered tag look.

[​IMG]
    For the last tag idea that I want to share with you, this will really call to all the mixed media lovers that we have. Yes, this tag truly is hybrid. It encompasses some strategic printing, adding some texture paste and white paint splatters to complete the look.

[​IMG]
    And.... are you curious to see one of these tags on a gift....(yes, I had to make sure it was color coordinated as well).

[​IMG]
    I hope these tag ideas inspired you. All the tags are linked back to the gallery so you can see all the designs that were used to create them and little bit more about the creative process.

If you have any questions about my process or curious to know more about the hybrid approach feel free to drop your questions below. Don't be surprised if you see different responses as we all have our own unique way of approaching things.

While this is NOT a challenge, I'd still love to see any hybrid tags that you create, so feel free to share below and link back to the gallery so I can go there and leave you some love.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
    Lisa B, umyesh, mary kate and 6 others like this.
  2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Stunning Esther, I love the variety you've created.

3. scrappydonna

scrappydonna Blah blah blah

4. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

Really beautiful Esther, thanks for the ideas!!

5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love tags and I love these so much!! I need to add this to my to-do list this weekend!!

mywisecrafts likes this.
  6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

These are all fantastic! :tree

mywisecrafts likes this.
  7. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

What a great collection of tags! LOVE them!

mywisecrafts likes this.
  8. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

These are so cute and several could be used as decorations too!

mywisecrafts likes this.
  9. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

These tags are so creative! I love all of them.

mywisecrafts likes this.
  10. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

These are so cute.

mywisecrafts likes this.
  11. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I can’t believe how many different tags you created! Thanks so much for all the gorgeous inspiration!

mywisecrafts likes this.
  12. mocamom

mocamom Runs on coffee. And with scissors.

You've totally blown my mind. I can't believe how many examples you made in such a short time. This project is definitely in my wheelhouse thanks to your tutorial!

mywisecrafts likes this.