help me catch up please!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Beckie, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Beckie

Beckie Active Member

i love that the gallery has the 'like' feature! So I was wondering...what's proper etiquette? Is it ok to show love with a "like"? or does comment = love and like = like?

(i'm newly back into scrapbooking after being gone for many years!)

Also...I looked all through the store and I see the BYOC, which I remember from before, but now there's the monthly pocket scrap thing too. Do they coordinate each month, or can they be different? And what are all the subscription options? (it's all a bit overwhelming, sorry!)

thanks!

MrsEm and jesskab like this.
  2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I'm on my phone, and totally stink with it, but...yes like away. It is nice to get and fun to give. I love our gallery.
    We is sosn sale, something old, something new 50% off. Friday is featured new things, with sale.
    Yes yes build your own collab, first Friday of the month. The more you buy, the higher your discount. In the welcome area is newsletter signed ups I can not stressing the extra discounts and fun the designers share.
    Sorry not link, will update when I get home.

Ps I love your enthusiasm

MrsEm and Serena like this.
  3. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

Hello there, love your signature and welcome back!! :D

As far as etiquette goes, that's an interesting question. I rarely 'like' and mostly just leave a comment, but either way I know that it's appreciated anytime someone SEES my pages, you know? I think both options are great. When I LOVE ABSOLUTELY the page I'm on, I leave a comment and then a like as well! :)

So there are a few subscriptions:

Memory Pocket Monthly is geared mostly towards pocket scrappers and has a ton of journaling cards/filler cards in the package and then some solid papers and elements. It rarely has patterned papers in it if at all. However, this doesn't mean you HAVE to be a pocket scrapper to utilize this. I love the colors sometimes or the word arts in it and I use it constantly. Makes pages I want to be pocket like easier and I use the elements constantly even if I'm using other kits. :)

Mixed Media Monthly is geared towards.. well, mixed media. Very "busy" papers, usually hand drawn by our AMAZING designers, interesting mix of elements that are both hand drawn and 'real' bows and stuff.

Both of those are amazing and fun to use, especially if you mix styles a lot. Sometimes my layouts are clean and simple and sometimes super busy.

Here's a page I made using both MPM and MMM:

[​IMG]

Here's a "more simple" version with Mixed Media:

[​IMG]

and a simple one for Memory Pockets:

[​IMG]

Then we have StoryTeller by Just Jaimee which is like a normal kit on steroids!!

[​IMG]

So it's got papers, paints, elements, alphas and then if you get the add ons, it has journaling cards and stacked frames (think frames with elements stacked on them to get that clustered look for free!) and templates and whatnot, so it's like UBER KIT.

Above is a page I did with storyteller, I'm more of a "use 10 kits for one layout" type of gal, but every once in awhile, I manage a page with ONE storyteller collection..

Then the last subscription is Create Crate Monthly.

It's more of a very specified holiday type of kit. This one, for instance, was a father's day style kit:

[​IMG] Obviously this is my son so it doesn't show all the cool fathers day word arts and whatnot that the full kit combined, this is just a taste to show you can still use it for anything, not just father's day. :)

BYOC's still match a certain theme color.. all of the add ons for each subscription match themselves, sometimes they'll be close to the BYOCs but not quite.

There's still plenty to mix and match from!

Any questions? I hope this helps a little!

Angela Toucan, Beckie and DisneyMom like this.
  4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Welcome back! Yes, lots of good stuff. The BYOC has a set color palette for the month so that you can pick and chose designers and know they all go together. There is even a monthly challenge to use the BYOC and you must use at least 3 different designers BYOC products for that month.

There are several subscriptions - depends on your style of scraping and artwork style. I personally swoon over the Mixed Media Monthly (M3 for short). If you are new to the designers, I would see which are your favorites and then see if they contribute to a monthly subscription. Each subscription sets its own colors and theme for the month. Often the designers that are part of the subscription create add-ons to the main kits -- so lots of coordinating stuff to chose from.

And then there are sales, and regular fun times, and prizes.... Love, love, love The Lilypad! And oh - can't forget the people. We have the nicest people here.

Beckie likes this.
  5. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

There was recently a thread with lots of great info on the subscriptions as well as info on release dates. Serena gave you some awesome example pages, too, so hopefully this all helps!

6. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

To help out with what @AnneofAlamo was saying:

Here's The Welcome Pad, it has great resources like Forum, Gallery and Signature Rules and Gallery: Sizes and Crediting.

We are also here and can help in any way with any questions! This is an AMAZING community with very helpful people, never be afraid to ask anything!

Also wanted to add The Challenge Pad in here.

This is great for if you get 'stuck' and need motivation, inspiration, or just want to play along for the great coupon!

And speaking of 'coupons', have you seen the Christmas in July sale? Great time to stock up for getting back into the swing of things! Fridays also bring new products and discounts for 20% off on the weekends.

Beckie and AnneofAlamo like this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Welcome back Beckie! :) As for the like vs. comment thing... I do both. If I'm super tight on time, but want someone to know that I saw and appreciated their page, I will hit like. Otherwise I do prefer to leave an actual comment. I will say though that I like getting both on my pages and am never offended if someone clicks that like button. Both make me happy!

Beckie likes this.
  8. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Hi! Welcome back! I am really shy & always afraid I won't say the right thing. So, I will usually just "like" a layout. Although, I have been known to jump in & do some Froggy Faves. Sometimes I just can't help but be in awe of what people create. Have fun!!!

Beckie and Karen like this.
  9. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

10. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Beckie and Serena like this.
  11. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Welcome back!! I like and comment, but I feel like I sound like a broken record LOL! I just love how everyone can use the same products and yet everyone's layouts are all so different!

HeatherB and Beckie like this.
  12. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Hi Beckie! Welcome back! As for your gallery question, I love getting and leaving comments. Likes are good, though.

Serena and Beckie like this.
  13. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

Welcome back!

I have a tendency to sprinkle likes all over the gallery haha, we just have so many amazing scrappers here! I'm pretty shy and often feel like I'm repeating myself over and over again when I comment on pages so I usually comment on pages I REALLY, REALLY love.

Beckie likes this.
  14. Beckie

Beckie Active Member

THANK YOU GUYS!! @AnneofAlamo thanks for the info and @Serena - wow those are awesome pages!! Definitely helped me to understand the difference.

I don't do hybrid (even though I started as a paper scrapper back in the day). I just can't take the mess! (it would be next to all the OTHER mess in my house,lol!!)

i can't wait to get into the challenges this month! I need to earn some discounts so i can fill my digi folders with digi goodies!!

Serena likes this.
  15. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Hey @Beckie and welcome back to TLP!

I have a free template this month. It will soon be changed out for August's free template, so snag it for your stash if it fits your needs.

[​IMG]

You can see all the individual challenges that the designers run separately from the site's challenges in the DESIGNER CHALLENGES forum.

Again, welcome, and have fun scrapping!

Serena and MrsEm like this.
  16. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

Thanks! I have been wondering about mixed media because I keep hearing so much about it but wasn't exactly sure what it was. This really helped! If you do sign up for subscriptions do you get the current month you sign up for or does it kick in the following month?

17. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I subscribed to Mixed Media Monthly last month, I got last month's kit the same day. But I think I signed up around the time the kit was released anyway. You could use the contact us button at the top of the site if you want to ask admin about how the subscriptions work.

meganmecrazy likes this.