Pieces-of-Me-PS

Pieces-of-Me-PS
Serena, Jul 22, 2018
Description:
Credits:

Memory Pockets Monthly: Mosaic
Memory Pockets Monthly: Almanac

Mixed Media Monthly: Lavish / Extravagant / Passion - Feb '18

Little Butterfly Wings: Elements {Add on} M3 February 2018, Love Quotes {Add on} M3 February 2018, Papers {Add on} M3 February 2018

Li Li Wee: The Journey Ahead: FACES (left edge slightly altered by duplicating and then using the non hard edge to create a false side.)

Scrapping With Liz: Mini Blocks Templates

Some word arts altered to fit what I needed too. :) Thank you for looking and sharing this piece of me with you.
    • Cherylndesigns
      Serena, this is profound. Lots of feelings went into this and lots of work. I saw this template in the store and didn't know if I wanted to tackle it or not. You have certainly done the template justice and I can hardly take it all in. So deep and moving. Doesn't Art Journaling give us a big release for whatever we're feeling and going through? I never did any AJ until I came here.
      Serena likes this.
    • Serena
      @Cherylndesigns Thank you for your amazing comment! I've been nervous since posting this, but really wanted to get it out. It was very theraputic for me to do. The funny thing is, I've been struggling as a friend of over 20 years came out to visit and discovered she didn't like who I was any more. Top that with the way I grew up and it's been a very bad couple of weeks lately. Then a woman I admire very much told me "you're not just 'home', you're a part of this family." Something I've never heard i my life. It through me for a loop. It was a positive thing, but it tore me asunder for a bit trying to figure out how to wrap my head around it. I still am not sure how to respond to such a loving and wonderful thing. But it allowed me to deal with some other issues and creating this page was beyond helpful. It gave my pain and things I still deal with, but it's also a page of Independence. A celebration if you will. :)

As for the template, I found I'm quite enamored with both of those in that set. The amount of time it must have taken for her to create this is just startling. But with these it only takes me an hour to scrap something that can be so full yet simple. It's funny how THESE templates take me an hour yet other templates that are 'less' take me like two hours to scrap! lol! I'm glad this site taught me how to do Art Journaling as well, you are absolutely correct!
    • Cherylndesigns
      @Serena Oh my goodness, Serena, I got chills when I read your comments. I know what you mean about hesitating to post something so personal. I've had a couple that I was pretty nervous about posting, but this wonderful, supportive community just opened their arms to me. I've had some that I didn't post, however. The page I created for the Monthly Muse Week 3 had a lot of deep meaning for me, too. I talked about how Dawn's art had helped me work through some anger and pain in my life. I can totally relate to what you've been going through.

You're right on target about these templates. I have one that looks like a patchwork quilt (but it's just in the middle of the layout, not all over like this one). It's really odd, because some (like the one you used) go so fast and easy and others, I really struggle with.
      Serena likes this.
    • Serena
      @Cherylndesigns I am with you on that. Dawn's death hit me so hard. There were so many things I meant to say to her, but I never got around to creating that message.. never felt brave enough to "take time out of her day" to tell her some of the things that I felt and wanted to share with her. Now I never can. I was going to join with the Monthly Muse Dawn tribute, but every time I try, I end up in tears. I made one page that just tore me a part.

This community is just amazing to me. They're so open and sweet and share HOW to do things, or share in your world and I'm so used to "professionals" that don't really divulge much. This community is a breath of fresh air. I love the "I am not competing with anyone, I want us ALL to succeed." air that's here.

You know where to find me if you ever need anything. I'm glad you're here and that I've met you!
    • Cherylndesigns
      @Serena I echo everything you just said, Serena. :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
    • cinderella
      This really caught my attention. I don't have much to say, other than it really touched me. :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
      I'm glad it was theraputic for you. I've been doing that a lot lately! It's funny how we make our best pages for our worst days...

And I read your comments with Cheryl, and I totally agree with the "I am not competing with anyone, I want us ALL to succeed." air that's here. This is what made me stay. And you, Serena, are a part of it for sure!
    • Serena
      @cinderella It was amazing and surprising that if you asked a question, you'd be greeted with not only several answers, but step by step photos!!! It was REALLY amazing and startling at first. Now I'm so filled with pride that I can call this home and that there are soo many wonderful people here!

Also, you're one of the people whom I always love to see pages from too! You always inspire me. ^.^
    • amandaresende
      I AM SPEECHLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! loveeeeeee!!!
      Serena likes this.
    • carrie1977
      This is really incredible, Serena. I hope it gave you the scrap therapy you were searching for.
      Serena likes this.
    • flowersgal
      Very moving. Very beautiful. More a piece of art. It deserves to be framed and shared. Love that it was allowed you to work through some feelings and express them.
      Serena likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Mixed Media Monthly
    Uploaded By:
    Serena
    Date:
    Jul 22, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    717.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).