Getting to Know You: 5 Random Questions

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by SirScrapalot, Jan 7, 2017.

1. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

1. Favourite vacation was a cruise from San Francisco to Alaska
    2. I have ABBA on repeat, Mama Mia
    3. Close the cats inside
    4. Princess Diana
    5. Comfortable shoes

2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

1. What was your favorite vacation that you have ever taken? all of them, but last years trip to the UK was awesome!
    2. What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to? don't remember unless it was a song from a movie. I only listen to the radio when I am in the car and that was 2 days ago.
    3. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night? Kiss my honey good night
    4. If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would it be? J K Rowling .. enough said :)
    5. If you could wear only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? My Dad's Red Corduroy Quilted jacket. I wear it all the time in the winter, around the house... it is thread bare on the edge of the sleeves and the neckline where the collar folds, but when I wear it to keep the chill off it is like he is giving me a hug. I miss him.

Juliestcyr and jesskab like this.
  3. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

1. What was your favorite vacation that you have ever taken? If any of you know me from another site, you would think I would say Disney, but this Summer my husband and I took our 3 kids along with my aunt and uncle to the Outer Banks...and it was wonderful! No drama from in-laws, no waiting in long lines, just wonderful!! Of course, I am looking forward to another trip to Disney when all the new 'lands' open!
    2. What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to? Better Man by Little Big Town
    3. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night? Kiss my hubby goodnight!
    4. If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would it be? Bing Crosby
    5. If you could wear only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Jeans, nice & comfy and not too tight!

4. scrappydonna

scrappydonna Blah blah blah

1. What was your favorite vacation that you have ever taken? Trip to the northern provinces of the Philippines (my country), with my then-boyfriend-now-hubby.
    2. What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to? Secret Love Song by Little Mix (I'm kinda addicted to them lately lol)
    3. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night? Play COVET hahaha it's a dressing-up game :D
    4. If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would it be? hmmm... I guess, I'd like to have dinner with one of our local heroes Heneral Luna (General) lol I am quite curious about some things that happened in his time. One is a controversy that circulated after (or maybe even before) a movie about him was made. It has something to do with lost treasure (or something like that) and it is linked to one of the richest/influential clan in our country.
    5. If you could wear only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? PJ's :D

Juliestcyr likes this.
  5. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

he he, this is fun! So many unexpected answers from people too
    1. What was your favorite vacation that you have ever taken? hmm, back when we only had on kiddo we booked a beach trip while we were living in Burma - we ended up on a deserted beach in the middle of no where, not much electricity, but awesome seafood. It was so calm and relaxing.
    2. What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to? - On top of the World by Imagine Dragons
    3. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night? Go to Bed - is brush my teeth, Go to sleep, well that depends . . . read, play games, cuddle with the hubby and watch Dr. Who.
    4. If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would it be? I am completely drawing a blank on this one today . . .hmm . . . maybe Aung San Suychi - I have some questions that have been brewing in my head, and she was under house arrest when I lived in Burma so I never got to see her.
    5. If you could wear only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Another tough one . . .these days I live in Leggings because it is too wet to wear anything else without getting soaked. They are very comfy though!

Juliestcyr likes this.
  6. SirScrapalot

SirScrapalot Tackling my to-do list with gusto

I find it so interesting to hear everyone's different dinner partner options...so many thoughtful people out there!

7. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

1. What was your favorite vacation that you have ever taken? This one is easy. Going to Florida (I live in Australia) for our friends' wedding and going to Disney World and lots of other awesome things in Florida.
    2. What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to? Oh gosh, lol. Emma's Special Bow by the Wiggles.
    3. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night? Check on the kids and have a glass of water.
    4. If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would it be? That's a tough one. She's is at the beginning of famous, and I have followed her from the start, youTuber, Evynne Hollens. I would love to go out to dinner with her and her family <3
    5. If you could wear only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? My yoga pants and a loose fitting top.

8. lvancura

lvancura Well-Known Member

1. What was your favorite vacation that you have ever taken? Family vacation to the Black Hills in 2015. We loved the Badlands, Spearfish Canyon, Deadwood and Devil's Tower.
    2. What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to? May We All - Flordia Georgia Line and Tim McGraw
    3. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night? Read a book, watch Jimmy Fallon or check Instagram
    4. If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would it be? Laura Ingalls Wilder. I only live about 30 miles from Walnut Grove, I was named after her, have visited all but two places she has lived, and I love that time period in history.
    5. If you could wear only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Jeans + Flannel shirt
    It was so much fun to read everyone's responses!

Neverland Scraps likes this.
  9. Neverland Scraps

Neverland Scraps Always trust, never doubt

What was your favorite vacation that you have ever taken?
    My favorite would have been when my parents visited us at Fort Benning. During their time with us, my father and I took a road trip down to Kennedy Space Center as VIP's to see the last launch of Atlantis. The weather wasn't the greatest, but the space shuttle made it's final launch. It was amazing to live my father's dream with him!

What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to?

Outside of my son singing to me, maybe something on the Christian radio in the car on Sunday. But I can't remember what was playing when I turned the car off after we got home from church. Last night my son sang to me "You are my sunshine".

What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night?

After my nightly ritual, I lay in bed and think about the day's events. I count my blessings and pray for those who asked for prayer, who I think need prayer and to just talk to God.

If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would it be?

Famous? I don't know, outside of Jesus/God, I don't know anyone famous as I don't keep up with tv/movies. I would however, love to have one last dinner with my grandmother who passed away a year ago. She bought and shared with my mom a fruitcake every year. This past Christmas, my mom was lost without my grandmother's fruitcake. No one ever thought to ask her where she bought her fruitcakes. So perhaps with my grandmother, to find out where she bought it and to just go over her memories one last time. I miss her dearly. Christmas was hard this past year.

If you could wear only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
    Pajamas!

10. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

1. What was your favorite vacation that you have ever taken? many trips to Fl to respite his Dad
    2. What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to? - leader of man - nickleback
    3. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night? - put in ear plugs
    4. If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would it be? - My Mom
    5. If you could wear only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? - jeans-tee-flanel shirt

11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

1. What was your favorite vacation that you have ever taken? St. Kitts with my hubby before kids. :)
    2. What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to? I listened to my George Winston piano station on Pandora last night while scrapping.
    3. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night? Read
    4. If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would it be? Jimmy Buffett
    5. If you could wear only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? t-shirt, hoodie and comfy pants

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  12. kim21673

kim21673 I'm slowly getting there!

1. What was your favorite vacation that you have ever taken? as a family.....DISNEY and the beach. By myself would have to be my summer in New Zealand and Australia.
    2. What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to? I do not listen to music, unless I am in the van with hubby.
    3. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night? put Chapstick on and make sure all my electronics are plugged in and charging.
    4. If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would it be? I have no idea...I am not big on the famous people thing...maybe Ryan Reynolds or Anne Frank
    5. If you could wear only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Leggings and an oversized shirt!

13. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Love it! My dog wants you to come to our house!

LoveItScrapIt and carilyne like this.
  14. Nightshadow

Nightshadow Pancakes are their own food group

Yes!!! Especially Michelle. Love her.

LoveItScrapIt and michelepixels like this.
  15. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

1. What was your favorite vacation that you have ever taken?
      That was last year, going to a wedding of a good friend of mine who moved to Canada. The wedding was intimate and special and afterwards we went to explore Vancouver Island. Amazing! I am a travel junkie though, so it was hard to pick but this one I'd do over in a heartbeat!
    2. What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to?
      One of my favorite songs actually: Close To Me by The Cure.
    3. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night?
      Reading or cross stitching, it silences my mind....well, most of the time anyway!
    4. If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would it be?
      Tough one, I think David Bowie. I love how he was so creative, gutsy and not afraid to try new things...
    5. If you could wear only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
      Pajamas all the way: whenever I come home and don't have to go out again I put them on. I have been known to hide from the postman due to this fact :backing

LoveItScrapIt and Juliestcyr like this.
  16. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

Awesome answers, why didn't I think of the smile?! And I love an "Elvis toastie" too!

LoveItScrapIt and jesskab like this.
  17. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

1. What was your favorite vacation that you have ever taken? We took the kids whale watching in Tadoussac, Quebec this summer, followed by a few days in Quebec City. The weather was perfect and we saw whales every day in Quebec. Plus driving through the Charlevoix region of Quebec was gorgeous.
    2. What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to? Good as Hell by Lizzo
    3. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night? Brush my teeth, read for a bit
    4. If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would it be? Jon Stewart. If I get more guests, I also want Steven Colbert, John Oliver, Samantha Bee and Trevor Noah. If this is a fantasy where I don't have a husband, just Trevor Noah.
    5. If you could wear only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Yoga pants and a tunic. Probably from Lole.

18. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

1. What was your favorite vacation that you have ever taken? Costa Rica
    2. What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to? Sam Kelly, To Make you Feel my Love
    3. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night? Check my emails and set my alarm
    4. If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would it be? Queen Elizabeth
    5. If you could wear only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Leggings and a swing top

19. dancingJaye

dancingJaye Well-Known Member

1. What was your favorite vacation that you have ever taken? I haven't taken very many vacations, so there aren't many to choose from, but probably Long Beach, Cali.
    2. What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to? City of Stars, Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling from La La Land
    3. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night? Put in ear plugs :)
    4. If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would it be? Abraham Lincoln or Eve
    5. If you could wear only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Thick, fuzzy socks :)

20. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

1. What was your favourite vacation that you have ever taken? My favourite holiday so far would have to be the cruise we had in 2015! The food was amazing, the pacific Islands were gorgeous and the cocktails were delicious :D
    2. What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to? Tash Sultana, Jungle
    3. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night? Take off my glasses :giggle
    4. If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would it be? David Tennant .... because ...he's The Doctor!
    5. If you could wear only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Yoga pants, you have to love the strechiness lol