Getting to Know You: 5 Random Questions

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by SirScrapalot, Jan 7, 2017.

1. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

• What was your favorite vacation that you have ever taken?
    • Bali for our honeymoon. It is the perfect vacation spot -- perfect weather, gorgeous tropical island, spectacular beaches, incredibly nice people and a fascinating and beautiful culture. It's got it all.
    • What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to?
    • Ed Sheeran's new song that just came out -- can't remember the name.
    • What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night?
    • Turn on White Noise -- can't sleep without it
    • If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would it be
    • My hero: Eleanor Roosevelt
    • If you could wear only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
    • Athleta joggers and a half zip hoodie

MrsGaramer likes this.
  2. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

1. What was your favorite vacation that you have ever taken? I don't take vacations but if I did, I would go to The Cotswolds in England, hide in a pub somewhere, and never leave.
    2. What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to? Starboy by The Weekend
    3. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night? Buy scrapbook products from either a digi store or the Silhouette store . Seriously. Every. Single. Night. It's an illness.
    4. If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would it be? I would love to have dinner with Jesus, but I would be afraid of what he would say, so that one will have to wait until I die. In the meantime, I would love to have dinner with Alan Carr (a British comedian). He's hysterical. It would be a good time.
    5. If you could wear only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? My Princess Leia onesie. Comfort off the charts, plus I can rock those cinnamon buns on the side of my head!

cfile likes this.
  3. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

1. What was your favorite vacation that you have ever taken? Cozumel, Mexico for my sister's wedding- 27 friends & family members in January- perfect escape from winter!
    2. What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to? House of the Rising Sun by the White Buffalo (on my scrapping playlist from the Sons of Anarchy tv series)
    3. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night? Brush/floss & put in my nightguard! ;) :D
    4. If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would it be? Hmm. tough one. I'm thinking Miranda Lambert because she sounds fun- we'd drink some beer & probably eat really good food & not have to worry about 'eating in front of each other' thing that I would be too nervous in front of other celebrities!
    5. If you could wear only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Lularoe leggings ;)

4. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

1. What was your favorite vacation that you have ever taken?
    This past summer we went to Scandinavia - my first time to Europe. We visited Sweden, Norway and Iceland. What made it so special was that we spent time with my family in Sweden, even visiting my grandfather's homestead. It was so hard to leave!
    1. What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to?
    The soundtrack of La La Land
    1. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night?
    Brush my teeth. :-)
    1. If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would it be?
    That's easy! Julie Andrews.
    1. If you could wear only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
    Jeans, t-shirts, cowboy boots and a cozy sweater.

5. sparagus

sparagus "I accidentally slept with a call girl"

Ooh fun!
    1. What was your favorite vacation that you have ever taken? Last summer my family went to California (we are land-locked Wyomingites), and we went to Disney, Legoland, SeaWorld, spent lots of time at the beach (the first time seeing the ocean for all four of my kiddos). It was SO fun. My favorite (even compared with trips to Hawaii and France pre-kids). :heartlub
    2. What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to? Jagged Little Pill, Alanis Morrisette (I went old school last night while scrapping).
    3. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night? Brush my teeth and wash my face. Boring.
    4. If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would it be? Oh man, this is a tough question. Yikes. Hmmm...I would have to say Bernie Sanders. Love that guy. Or Noam Chomsky - what a mind!!
    5. If you could wear only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Leggings and a big, baggy sweatshirt.

michelepixels likes this.
  6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Is everyone enjoying MOC5?? Very much so! It's my second MOC and I'm finding it even easier than the first time. So far I've completed each day's challenge on the day it's posted.
    1. What was your favorite vacation that you have ever taken? I'm sure I haven't had it yet. But so far, I guess it's the week in July 2000 my husband and I spent in Paris, just because I was getting to know a place in another country. Although going to Stockholm for the first time in 1998 was probably more magical because it was my first time leaving the country (other than driving across the Mexican border briefly from San Diego to Tijuana in the early 90s, which hardly counts.) My dream vacation is to drive in a zigzag or wobbly ellipse around the USA either in an RV or a train. Other than a couple of drives through several western states when I was around 4 years old, which I don't even remember, I've only seen a few coastal states, mostly California and Virginia and I want to see much more of this country!
    2. What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to? I Need Your Love from Pentatonix Volume 2 is currently playing. I've been listening to a lot of Pentatonix in the last several weeks. Today I put my Pentatonix songs on shuffle in iTunes a few hours ago while I cleaned my desk, and they're still going (with a few breaks and changes in volume).
    3. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night? brush teeth and pee before I get into bed; but before I go to sleep I read a little on my phone
    4. If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would it be? I always dislike this question. There are so many interesting possibilities!!! Impossible to choose one. And if I were really given this opportunity I'd definitely choose someone who lived over a hundred years ago because I'd be fascinated to hear from someone first hand about life in the past. In fact, I'm reading Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind right now, which makes me think being able to speak with someone from thousands of years ago would be so incredibly awesome. But the first person to pop in my head upon reading this question was Misha Collins, one of the kindest people in the world who has done so much for the world (like raising money to build a school in Central America). Plus he plays one of my favorite characters on Supernatural so maybe we could dine in Vancouver after I watch an episode be filmed.
    5. If you could wear only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? comfy jeans and tees, which is what I do wear most of the time! I was tempted to say sweats, because that's actually what I wear at home when I'm at my most comfy, but I feel they'd be too sloppy out in the world a lot of the time.
    Sorry to get so wordy but after I answered the questions briefly, it occurred to me that this could be some great journaling for a scrapbook page so I started typing that way, in preparation for copy-pasting it. :D

sparagus likes this.
  7. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

1. What was your favorite vacation that you have ever taken? Riviera Maya
    2. What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to? Rain sounds - dont know artist
    3. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night? Brush my teeth
    4. If you could have dinner with one famous person living or dead, who would it be. The obamas (i know -that's more then one.)
    5. If you could wear on thing for the rest of your life what would it be. Sweat pants.

8. michelepixels

Oh my gosh! (I also said it's a tough question.) I love your choices. Bernie is practically reaching hero standing in my mind right now.

and @Lindzee 's idea of the Obamas would be awesome too!

Okay, I'd better stop monopolizing this thread. ;)

9. michelepixels

:rollin

10. sparagus

sparagus "I accidentally slept with a call girl"

YES, eating with the Obamas would be awesome! Bernie is kind of my hero, too. I fangirl hard. haha :) I also saw Eleanor Roosevelt on an answer (I can't remember whose off the top of my head)...also a great idea! So hard to pick just one!

11. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

Love this idea!

12. disneysheryl65

disneysheryl65 Snoring in perfect pitch

How fun - love reading everyone's answers!

1. What was your favorite vacation that you have ever taken? DisneyWorld in 2011 - we got to stay at the Contemporary (through some fortunate discounts) a week befors Christmas - castle view. We felt like royalty and the weather was perfect and the crowds were low...just magical!
    2. What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to? We Go Together, Grease Cast Album - I am getting ready to direct this show this semester!
    3. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night? Play Candy Crush (please don't judge me :)
    4. If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would it be? William Shakespeare for sure!
    5. If you could wear only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Blue jeans and a Mickey Mouse Tee

13. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

1. What was your favorite vacation that you have ever taken? Driving around Virginia and North Carolina exploring on my own time frame, seeing what I wanted to see.
    2. What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to? Couldn't tell you. Just listen to the radio maybe when driving.
    3. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night? Make a "treasure hunt" of jerky pieces for the dog -- it's her favorite part of the day.
    4. If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would it be? My grandmother, her life is such a puzzle to me and she endured a lot. I think we are a lot alike.
    5. If you could wear only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? I've nearly lived in my granny gown -- the long sleeve high neck long flannel nightgown.

14. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

• Hmmm... I haven't taken many vacations as an adult, and I don't remember the ones I took as a child. Maybe when I went to a digital scrapping convention in PA and got to meet a bunch of friends/CTMs from a scrapbook site that no longer exists? That was a blast. :)

I just heard DNCE's 'Toothbrush' before I got out of the car tonight.

The very very very last thing I do before I get into bed is push my son over into the middle as he's usually crossways across my side. :)

No question -- C.S. Lewis. Hopefully this means I traveled back in time so that his bestie Tolkien could come over and eat with us, too.

I have no idea what one thing I would wear for the rest of my life. Am I allowed to add things to it? Can I wear outerwear or is this it? I'm still thinking this one over...

sparagus likes this.
  15. adriablack

adriablack Well-Known Member

What was your favorite vacation that you have ever taken?

Disney when I was in jr high. I loved Epcot and all the animation tech stuff they had. I'm not much of a rollercoaster/ride person but I also loved our hotel and spent several days swimming and hanging out there! Although, our vacation this year with just me and Atty was really amazing too!

What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to?

Pink - Perfect

What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night?

Read books on my phone

If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would it be?

Ummm...I always hate this one...let's go with Elizabeth Gilbert cuz I love her books.

If you could wear only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
    Pjs

16. bjthomas

bjthomas We will rock you!

1. What was your favorite vacation that you have ever taken? Ooh, this is a tough one! Probably our family trip to Laos back in 2010. No tv, no electronics, 2 kids, and walking everywhere. It was so much fun!
    2. What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to? Something by Pentatonix on Pandora. (didn't pay attention to the song because I didn't know I'd be answering this question :agree)
    3. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night? One last check of Facebook and then turn on my white noise sound machine.
    4. If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would it be? This is always such a tough question to answer... Queen Esther would be quite a fascinating person to sit down and chat with! And the dinner would probably be quite extravagant as well :)
    5. If you could wear only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Um, pretty much what I wear everyday - jeans and a t-shirt or sweatshirt, depending on the weather.

17. jwalls39

jwalls39 Well-Known Member

1. What was your favorite vacation that you have ever taken? A week in Aruba (twice)
    2. What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to? Oye el Boom by David Bisbal (I'm a Zumba Instructor...LOL)
    3. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night? Read my iPad
    4. If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would it be? Robin Williams! Love anyone who can make me laugh...he was a genius!
    5. If you could wear only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Sweats (kinda do that now!)

Juliestcyr likes this.
  18. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

1. What was your favorite vacation that you have ever taken? I have to categorize this into pre kids - my honeymoon to Australia for 2 weeks! and post kids, anything Disney :)
    2. What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to? Outlander soundtrack - I think it's music by Bear McCready or something like that
    3. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night? shut off my lamp. lol. kidding - read for at least 5-10 minutes
    4. If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would it be? I'm not really into famous people, so I guess maybe an author - and honestly, none come to mind right now.
    5. If you could wear only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? I guess if it's only one thing I'll have to go with a dress. lol.

19. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

1. What was your favorite vacation that you have ever taken? Hong Kong Disneyland - yep it's the smallest Dis-park but also the most green and laid back out of the 3 we've been to and had the shortest queues and that makes for more fun
    2. What is the title and artist of the last song you have listened to? All You Need is Love by Cee Lo Green...DD keeps playing it even after we took the tree down today, it's a Xmas song that has the Muppets in the filmclip and singing lines in the song, and it's easily a 'stuck in my head' song but cute and fun (and better than that Mariah Carey one)
    3. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed at night? Put on lipbalm and handcream (i've done this religiously for like the last dozen years at least)
    4. If you could have dinner with one famous person, living or dead, who would it be? Robin Williams -RIP- it would be like having dinner with so many people and Genie
    5. If you could wear only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? sneakers - i'm not picky about which sort but that yoga pants and a t-shirt and i'm good (well, depending on the weather)

Juliestcyr likes this.
  20. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

SNAP!