February 21 - NBK Design

Discussion in '2019 LOD' started by wombat146, Feb 21, 2019.

1. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

LOVE Our Designers - February 21
    NBK Design is our Daily Crush!!

[​IMG]

***Make sure to take advantage of the Feb 21 sales that Nicole has in her store for just the one day (PST time)!! Some fantastic savings are to be had for sure!!***

[​IMG]

Hi everyone! Welcome to day 21 of LOVE Our Designers! Sure hope you are all having fun, scrapping with your fave or new-ish designers!! Besides the standard gallery requirements, there aren't any other rules to follow beyond simply scrapping with our featured designer for the day!! You may use other Lilypad designer products as well if you wish, and make sure to upload your layout to the NBK Design gallery as well as this thread so we can all oooh and ahhh and leave some love on them! :) If you want to play along with the Social Media Hastag challenge see the bottom of this post. Read this POST for further clarification of the rules. :)

Today I am highlighting Nicole, the fabulous artist behind NBK Designs. I have known Nicole for years and was also on her CT a couple of years ago. As well as being a lovely lady, Nicole is also a very inspirational and creative artist and passionate educator who believes in sharing her talent and knowledge through her video channel, Instagram and Facebook groups. Nicole's creative team are all very creative artists in their own right and are more than happy to share their skills and knowledge as well, so make sure to pull up a chair and have a look at some of the videos or join them in the artology Studio FB group where you can get to know them all and ask any questions you may have. See links below.

Make sure to also sign up for Nicole's newsletters so you are kept up to date on the latest NBK Design news and sales!

If you have never used any products from NBK Design then you are in for a really BIG treat! Nicole's collections are always so fabulously huge and brimming with all sort of wonderful goodies; elements, papers, styles, brushes, weekly and/or monthly templates! It can be overwhelming but you don't have to buy the entire collection at once, Nicole has a lot of purchase options so you can buy just the bits that you want!

These are a few of my older layouts using Nicole's kits, as you can see, a variety of layouts can be created with her products, from minimal to artsy! :)

[​IMG]

And here is a page I created using NBK Design's Feb 2019 BYOC - artCRUSH No. 12:

Pop in and have a look at her monthly challenges in the Designer Challenges forum as well, they are always fun and educational!

Don't forget the NBK Design SALE will only be available for ONE day, based on PST time.
    [​IMG]
    Remember that by using the Hashtag #TLPLOD when you post your page on social media you also have a chance at the weekly $10 GC. More info HERE.

Come back tomorrow to see who the next designer of LOVE Our Designers will be, since you never know WHO is going to be featured! Also, you never know what fun some of the designers might have in store while we are scrapping!!!

Now come on and show me your fabulous layouts!!!! :)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Ferdy likes this.
  2. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I love NBK Design! I was so happy when she moved at TLP.
    This is a digital painting I made in Photoshop with Anything is Possible Collection by NBK-Design.
    [​IMG]

NBK-Design, janedee, KittyY and 2 others like this.
  3. wombat146

That is awesome Cindy, loving all grungy-ness on this AJ page!

cinderella likes this.
  4. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

OOOh, I have a couple of NBK kits. Can't wait to play. Here is what I came up with.
    [​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  5. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I have very quickly become addicted to NBK kits, can't wait to go shopping,and to play.

wombat146 likes this.
  6. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

One of my favourite things about NBK Designs... is the Styles... I just love playing with styles.
    I used an impasto style to create the yellow and pink over the magic lights in the collection.

[​IMG]

7. wombat146

Oh yes Anne-Marie, Nicole's styles are just awesome, aren't they?! and wow! what a fab AJ page, that patch of lovely pink and yellow really looks great against the blue!

8. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Lovely artsy style.
    I've definitely learnt some new things doing her challenges. The 2nd one this month is fun. My youngest Toucanette is having a go this time too, she's really excited about this new game that Nicole has introduced her to.

cfile and wombat146 like this.
  9. wombat146

Angela, I had a quick peek and it looks like fun! I hope I get a chance to join in! :)

Angela Toucan likes this.
  10. Bagheertje

Bagheertje Well-Known Member

I used an older kit from 2017: Roadtrip

[​IMG]

NBK-Design, KittyY and cinderella like this.
  11. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

12. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Ooh!...I Have Been Dying To Scrap With This NBK Design Kit Ever Since I Got It! "Winter Blues"...& Now Was The Perfect Time!...Dreaming Of Winter?...Dreaming Of The Wild Blue Yonder?...Perhaps Of Fluffy Clouds & A Beautiful Blue Sky?...Well...I Guess I Was Dreaming Of Spring & All The Blue Skies & Flowers...But I Digress...This Layout Seems Like A Good Compromise For Now...Blue Skies...Fluffy Clouds...Dreamy Skies...Blue & Dreamy Icy Colors Of Winter & The Use Of The "Out Of Bounds" Framing Technique Recently Highlighted In The Speed Scrap A Few Days Ago......

*For My Wild Blue Yonder Layout-I Used:

*Winter Blues-NBK Design
    *Winterland-Paula Kesselring(3)
    *Autumn Trails-Pink Reptile Designs(1)

[​IMG]

13. wombat146

Loving all these beautiful layouts ladies!!! but alas my bed is calling me! It's 12.24am Downunder and I need some sleep! :) Keep working away at those pages and I will see you all in the morning!!! :) Have fun!!!!

14. chigirl

chigirl Candy Corn junkie

15. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

I LOVE NBK designs! I actually just discovered her last month when I bought some of her goodies during an SOSN, and wow is all I can say. It makes my art journaling self super happy! There is always so much to play with. I decided to use mostly Art&Nature for this page along with WA from Counting.

[​IMG]

NBK-Design, janedee and KittyY like this.
  16. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

These are all so beautiful ladies!

NBK-Design likes this.
  17. KittyY

KittyY Who is Dol-say and Gab-anna?

18. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

19. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

20. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.