Fast Five: Time |Pad Patter 10.01

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Oct 1, 2018.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

It's October! National Cookie Month, DSD, new challenges, Blog Hop...So much to do, so little time! Let's do a Fast Five

Fast Five: Time
    1. Are you on time, late, or early usually?
    2. Do you wear a watch?
    3. Do you have any analog clocks or all they all digital in your house?
    4. Are your clocks set on time, fast or slow?
    5. Is time moving fast or slow today?

Gotta run! There's things to do, threads to chat in, challenges to check out...

2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Always early unless something really unexpected comes up
    2. Do you wear a watch?
    My fitbit is my watch
    I have several analog clocks in my house. I think they all currently need batteries and have different times on them, but they are there haha.
    The clocks in my car and on my stove (which is the one I use to let me know when to leave) are 3 minutes fast so that when I think I'm running late I can actually think, "oh wait, it's really ---" :giggle Mind games.
    It always moves fast in the morning when I'm trying to sip coffee and cruise around here before the mad rush!

bestcee likes this.
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

1. Are you on time, late, or early usually? I'm usually early... unless my kids drag me down. Lol
    2. Do you wear a watch? Yes! I have one I really like that I got as a gift from my company when I hit 15 years of service... and I'm going on 23 years, so it's amazing I haven't lost it!
    3. Do you have any analog clocks or all they all digital in your house? We have both. I actually love analog clocks!
    4. Are your clocks set on time, fast or slow? My morning alarm is set a few minutes fast and so is the one in the bathroom... I don't know why I play those mind games in the morning.
    5. Is time moving fast or slow today? Pretty fast so far!

4. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

1. Are you on time, late, or early usually? I'm always early.
    2. Do you wear a watch? I wear a Fitbit
    3. Do you have any analog clocks or all they all digital in your house? Digital
    4. Are your clocks set on time, fast or slow? On time
    5. Is time moving fast or slow today? That remains to be seen. I just woke up. :)

5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

1. Are you on time, late, or early usually? I'm always late. I try to be early, and still end up late. It even drives me nuts. No matter what, something will happen. So, I've given up, and tell people ahead of time I will be late. This way they are aware and I don't waste their time. On the flip side, I have a tendency to get my kids places on time... mostly.

2. Do you wear a watch? Nope. When I was younger, I (somehow) got a burn on my wrist from the back of a watch, and wouldn't wear one after that.

3. Do you have any analog clocks or all they all digital in your house? One giant analog one. All others are digital.

4. Are your clocks set on time, fast or slow? I used to set them to be faster... but then I still ended up late. So, I gave up on that too, and it's regular time.

5. Is time moving fast or slow today? Time seems to move a little slowly lately, but then again, it's October! I feel like the summer didn't get it's turn!

6. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

1. Are you on time, late, or early usually? Usually a little early, although with DD I have to plan as if I want to be really early to make that work out.
    2. Do you wear a watch? Used to, but haven't for the last couple of years. Just don't find it comfortable anymore.
    3. Do you have any analog clocks or all they all digital in your house? One in the family room/breakfast area (it's double-sided) and the ones in the bathrooms and are analog.
    4. Are your clocks set on time, fast or slow? On time except for the one by the shower which is about 10-15 minutes fast. I tend to space out in there, so I like the extra nudge.
    5. Is time moving fast or slow today? Slow, as I try to get DD out the door to school. :waiting She keeps falling asleep, and I think her sleepiness is contagious. LOL

7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

1. Are you on time, late, or early usually? I was always an early bird before I had kids. Then when my kids came along I struggled to even be on time. Now that they're big kids I'm usually right on time.

2. Do you wear a watch? Not since around 2000. I'm not a fan of jewelry so not needing a watch has been fabulous for me.

3. Do you have any analog clocks or all they all digital in your house? I do have two analog clocks. One is above my desk. The other is in the room that was originally designed to be my kids' "schoolroom" (we homeschool) but now is only used for my son's computer desk. I don't have many digital clocks either. The only other clocks I have that aren't on a computer or phone are the one on my stove and the one in my van.

4. Are your clocks set on time, fast or slow? I try to set them on time, but err on the side of being fast. Frequently, based on the clock above my desk, I rush out the door and then when I get in the van I see by the clock in there (which is more accurately set) I wasn't running late after all.

5. Is time moving fast or slow today? It's just right. Nice balance of things to do and time to relax.

8. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

1. Are you on time, late, or early usually? I used to be early, then I had kids! I try to still be early but usually we end up right on time.
    2. Do you wear a watch? yes- not even a smart one! ;)
    3. Do you have any analog clocks or all they all digital in your house? YES! I love traditional, old clocks
    5. Is time moving fast or slow today? Slow actually which is weird- but we have window cleaners today, so I've been super productive already this morning, so maybe that's why it feels like it's so slow!

ALSO- October is National Dental Hygiene Month! Brush & Floss!!! :giggle

9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

1. Are you on time, late, or early usually? Usually a few minutes early or on time.
    2. Do you wear a watch? No, did for many years but about 20 years ago, they stopped keeping time when I wore them... analog or digital. Neither type worked.
    3. Do you have any analog clocks or all they all digital in your house? Both, kitchen remodel was focused around a huge wrought iron clock I got as my 15th anniversary present at work.
    4. Are your clocks set on time, fast or slow? On time except my bedroom clock when I was working... always set it 10 minutes fast, no longer set that way.
    5. Is time moving fast or slow today? Fast this morning, slow this afternoon

10. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I'm the on time type, but when it's important things I'm early.

2. Do you wear a watch?
    I wear either my Fitbit (with watch-function) or a regular watch. I need to have a clock on me!

Both, but mostly analog! I loooove clocks. I cannot wait to buy the most amazing clocks to decorate my home. I have this one on my late-birthday list (seriously late, my birthday was in March). Not sure which colour or size yet, though.

[​IMG]

Perfectly on time!

Today went fast. I wasn't in a good mood and it happened like poof!

Karen likes this.
  11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

1. Are you on time, late, or early usually? Usually on time
    2. Do you wear a watch? Yes
    3. Do you have any analog clocks or all they all digital in your house? All digital
    5. Is time moving fast or slow today? Fast

bestcee likes this.
  12. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Before I got married I was early for everything. Now I manage to get somewhere on time when it's just me, but with anyone else in the house ....

2. Do you wear a watch?
    Not anymore, it was getting too stressful

a mixture.

one time, except the kitchen one which looses tim.

always too fast

13. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

1. Are you on time, late, or early usually? I am usually on time. DH loves to be REALLY early, so if I'm with him I end up earlier than I want to be lol.
    2. Do you wear a watch? I wear a FitBit, which has the time on it?
    3. Do you have any analog clocks or all they all digital in your house? Both. Here's my analog clock that is similar to the one @berniek showed cuz it doesn't have numbers. It's in our informal dining area, and it's really funny when we have people over cuz they'll think the time is earlier than it really is; it reminds me of Slughorn's hourglass in Harry Potter. It's also a fun little conversation starter, too.
    Clock.jpg
    4. Are your clocks set on time, fast or slow? They're about 2 min fast.
    5. Is time moving fast or slow today? FAST. I thought today was Saturday! :giggle Okay, I'm kidding, but it is moving quickly. It's been a nice Monday!

14. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

1. Are you on time, late, or early usually? Early
    2. Do you wear a watch? Started wearing one about a year ago when I wanted to stop looking at my phone for the time - it always sidetracked me!
    3. Do you have any analog clocks or all they all digital in your house? We have both...all around the house! There's a clock in every room.
    5. Is time moving fast or slow today? It's always moving fast.

Karen likes this.
  15. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

1. Are you on time, late, or early usually? Almost always early
    2. Do you wear a watch? no, I use my iPhone as my watch
    3. Do you have any analog clocks or all they all digital in your house? all digital
    4. Are your clocks set on time, fast or slow? I usually set the kitchen clocks a few minutes fast - because my family is never on time and it drives me nuts. Doesn't help though.
    5. Is time moving fast or slow today? Time seems to always fly these days.

16. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

Usually early if the timing depends on me. If I'm dependent on others I try my best to encourage earlier meeting times since I know most of them are usually later people.

2. Do you wear a watch?
    Nope, my cell phone or laptop is my clock throughout the day.

1 analog, more because of aesthetics. I like ease of digital so much more!

Set on time! The clock in my husband car isn't even set to anything real & it drives me nuts when I'm in it.

Today I'd say it's just normal right now. Yesterday was fast & I'm sure tomorrow will be too, but today feels like normal.

bestcee likes this.
  17. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

1. Are you on time, late, or early usually? Usually on time, or early. I was raised that to arrive on time was being late; to arrive 5 minutes early was just right. Late? Don't bother showing up. They were both raised by Swedish immigrants, or children of Swedish immigrants and that's the way it was done in their households. Fast forward to life in 2018 Washington, D.C. -- you DON'T show up early or on time, but at least 30 min late. It took me the longest time to get used to that. I guess people state an early time knowing people will show up late, so they set it accordingly.
    2. Do you wear a watch? Yes! Mickey Mouse, of course!
    3. Do you have any analog clocks or all they all digital in your house? Both. Digital alarms in each bedroom and analog in the rest of the house. I have an old wind-up chime clock in the living room that rings every 15 minutes. I just love it because it reminds me of home.
    4. Are your clocks set on time, fast or slow? On time, except for our alarm clocks. For some reason they run fast, so we adjust our alarms accordingly.
    5. Is time moving fast or slow today? I don't know...

18. bestcee

I used to play that game! Somehow, three of my clocks ended up slow by 3 minutes...Not cool!

Kids make everyone late I swear!

I hope it was just what you wanted it to be.

That's courteous of you.

That made me giggle!

Perfect!

Karen likes this.
  19. bestcee

Yeah...I was trying to sidestep that! :p:lalala:giggle

That sounds lovely!

Those are so cute! I love the pastel colors.

I can see that! I usually take my Fitbit/watch off on the weekend for the same reason.

Ditto. To me it's a watch.

This is my favorite part! My phone sidetracks me too.

Boo that it doesn't help!

This is so true. Analog clocks are prettier than digital that I've seen.

But of course! :happydance2

20. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

It depends. We live 20+ minutes from all of the kids' activities & I work 25 minutes from our house (and 15ish minutes from their schools) so if it's something after I get off work and I still need to feed them, yeah, we'll probably be late. We are always superearly to church on Sunday mornings, though, since I can control it much better when we're all in the same place.

2. Do you wear a watch?
    I haven't worn a watch in 15+ years.

I have my cassette tape (!!!) alarm clock from 1992 in my bedroom but even it is digital. :)

The one in my daughter's bedroom is set fast. I think everything else is set on time.

It is moving so slow since school started in August. The days take forever because I'm trying to get my work done & am planning on how to get 100 other things done in those few precious hours between the end of work and bedtime and then it's rush, rush, rush for 3 hours and then back to so slow as I'm struggling with insomnia.