**CLOSED** WINNER ANNOUNCED**SWEET 16 (Getting to know you) | TLP Birthday Bash 2023

Discussion in 'TLP Birthday Bash 2023' started by G.J., Jan 20, 2023.

1. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Happy Birthday to The Lilypad!
    Hi everyone, hope you all are doing amazing, and having so much fun.
    Did you have a special sweet 16 birthday party? I had it, but unfortunately I lost all my photos few years ago, so I'm very sorry but no photo from me. But I would love to see your photos, so this game it's pretty easy, post a photo of you at 16 yrs-ish on this thread, that's all. At the end of the birthday celebration, I will come back and choose a random winner for a $3 GC to the shop.
    You must post your entry by Monday at 11:59pm EST to be entered
    Thank you so much for joining us to celebrate The Lilypad sweet 16 birthday!

umyesh likes this.
  2. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I found my 13th birthday and my 18th...still looking!

G.J. likes this.
  3. kendrawalter

kendrawalter Well-Known Member

I can't believe I found one! This was my 16th birthday, and I handmade all my friends matching shirts (this was way before anything like a Cricut existed lol) I'm wearing the plastic tiara lol
    10398816_1006189397195_8599_n.jpg

norton94, scrapchyck and G.J. like this.
  4. SanVHM

SanVHM Pluk de dag!

Here in the Netherlands in my time (almost 35 years ago) when I was 16 it was just a normal birthday, we don't celebrated sweet sixteen. 18 years was a special brirthday. Last year my daughter was 16 and now the sweet sixteen is a special birthday as well, sadly she could not celebrate is because of the pandemic, so I think that here 18 birthday will be a big party.

norton94 and G.J. like this.
  5. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

[​IMG]1998_019 by lynnettew

This is the best one I could find that has been digitized - I need to go through and scan more of my photos! This is me at 16 holding my little nephew Kyle, who is now a grown up, burly, bearded man.

6. AlyciaIN

AlyciaIN Well-Known Member

Me at 16 & my car in yearbook.jpg
    This is a photo of me at 16 and a photo of the car I got for my birthday. I don't have any photos of my birthday party but I remember having friends over for cake and to check out my "new to me" car. Then my friends & I decorated the car with a large white peace sign on the roof and flowers on the body of the car. I think one of them gave me a green plastic pickle for the radio antenna (as if the car would be hard to find otherwise). The photo of the car is from my high school yearbook (the car is just above the black star); apparently someone on the yearbook staff thought the car looked like a sign of the times.

7. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

16th birthday is not a big deal here in Sweden. I don't even remember how I celebrated it. I googled it and it was a Wednesday. I probably was at school. Maybe cake or something. Nothing special.

I actually scrapped about being 16 for the Day 10 MOC challenge:
    [​IMG]

8. G.J.

Dear, if you don't find your 16 th birthday share the most near -18th birthday -

9. G.J.

I remember those kind of pants, actually where some of my favorites too when I was teen. You look so pretty and the shirts look great!
    Thank you so much for sharing and participating

kendrawalter likes this.
  10. G.J.

what a pretty photo, a so cute baby! thank you so much for sharing and participating my dear.

11. G.J.

So sorry to hear about the postponed party of your daughter, praying that pandemic is over and she will have a great, big party on her 18yo.

norton94 likes this.
  12. G.J.

You look cute, love your hair, and so nice story behind the photos you shared, actually it's a great story to scrap, I love it.
    Thank you so much for sharing and participating dear lady.

norton94 likes this.
  13. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

sweet sixteen.jpg

I had my hair cut for my 17th and kept it short afterwards.

14. G.J.

What a beautiful page! I know, as well here in Finland 16th birthday isn't a big deal, but my mom was some kind of pioneer, lol, and she celebrated our 16 th birthday with a "big finnish party", what it means a lot of food, and a lot of people coming and going in our house. I remember we took some pictures in our garden because it was summer -I born 18 August- and everything was full of flowers and light, sadly my photos are lost, but the memories still are with me. Dear Eva, thank you so much for sharing your pretty page, and participating, good luck!

norton94 and tanteva like this.
  15. G.J.

LOVE your long hair and your pretty face, beautiful photo, thank you so much for sharing and participating.

StefanieS likes this.
  16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am sixteen here... this is one of my senior photos that my Dad took shortly before I turned 17 and went into my senior year. That outfit! :rofl

Karen Senior Portrait 016 small.jpg

norton94, G.J., Sara and 3 others like this.
  17. mocamom

mocamom Runs on coffee. And with scissors.

I STILL remember to this very day that my parents made fun of me for wearing a sweatshirt and shorts. And I STILL, to this very day, wear sweatshirts and shorts hehe.
    [​IMG]

norton94, G.J., Sara and 3 others like this.
  18. catgoddess

catgoddess Well-Known Member

Let me go find the slate my 16 year old photo was sketched on... lol

G.J. and tanteva like this.
  19. scrapchyck

scrapchyck Well-Known Member

becky welch summer 1979.jpg

This is me at 16 in the summer of 1979 on a road trip with my friend Jill's family to Lake Mohave!

20. Soco

Soco Shhhhhh. Just shhhhhh.

Loving all these photos! :wub I'll be back with mine. :)

G.J. likes this.