CD's Watery Merry & Bright

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by joelsgirl, Dec 1, 2013.

1. joelsgirl

joelsgirl joelsgirl

So I bought them because they're just too darn pretty NOT to buy, BUT I'm feeling a little intimidated by them. I want to make them colory, but I'm not sure I'm gifted enough in PSE to make it happen.

Iff anybody uses them, could you post your pretty pictures here and then talk a little about how you did it?

[​IMG]

You know you want them, right?

2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Hi Kellie -In PS or even PSE you can use your magic wand inside the letters then add a layer above the b/w layer... your "ants" still should be marching and on the empty layer add/fill some color ... using effects on the layer you can change how it looks... (try color as the "layer effect") That is probably clear as "mud" lol... You can also perhaps print out the pdf hand color them and rescan them back in, however here is a tut I wrote on Kate Hadfield's blog that may help you with what I meant re adding color and effects on another layer... this is really like "stamp" coloring http://katehadfielddesigns.com/blog/photoshop-tips-and-tricks/coloring-in-digital-stamps/11437 )

Hope this helps you!!

3. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I would magic wand inside the area I wanted to fill, expand my selection by 2px, and then fill that area in a layer below.

4. Lynne-Marie

Lynne-Marie there is beauty in everything

After filling in the color as mentioned above, I would want to blend it into the paper or find some kind of water-color texture. Simply clip your texture to the colored layer and blend. You could also try coloring with water-color brushes instead of filling the selection with the paint bucket.

Here are a few tools by Jaimee that would be fun to work with:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  5. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I think I did a tutorial on the Pad's blog that will help you. Let me go grab it.

6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

7. kyky

kyky Here, kitty kitty

I'm curious to see some pages with that kit, too! :)

8. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

Oh, they are pretty!! (I'm intimidated too.)