Anyone used Fun Paper Cut Outs by Scrapping with Liz?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, Jun 17, 2018.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

keepscrappin likes this.
  2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Jennifer, I haven't used those - but I did find this idea for possible inspiration for how to use the curvy cut out (she didn't use it - but rather a similar template) but this could be a starting point for you maybe? The page is darling! @djp332

[​IMG]

djp332 likes this.
  3. jenn mccabe

4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

@littlekiwi - I like those a lot! I saw them too and didn't know what to do with them. Thanks for the examples, Jenn. @jenn mccabe!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  5. jenn mccabe

Definitely makes layering papers more fun/more special! I need to do this more myself!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  6. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I like to use cutouts (aka masks) to replace layers on templates. For example, I used clipping mask edges by Little Butterfly Wings on this page created with a template by Fiddle-Dee-Dee:
    [​IMG]
    I just replaced one of the paper masking layers with 2 of the border masks.
    Anyway, it's not the same product as that fun pack by Liz, but I saw this page in your gallery....
    [​IMG]
    ...and I thought maybe you could try something similar with Liz's cutouts the next time you use one of Cheryl's templates. Instead of having the gray paper behind the (really awesome!) photo, you could do a long paper cutout, like the multiple scallop edge. Your page works really well cuz the strong lines in your photo, so this could be an idea for another page. (I don't want you thinking I'm trying to change your finished page; I'm just giving ideas that could work with the templates you have in your stash already.)
    Another idea is replacing a paper mat behind a photo spot with one of the "mat" size cutouts in Liz's pack (with either the plus signs or the polka dots).
    So while I don't have any examples using that pack, I figured this info might give you a jumping-off point for your scrapping style. :)

MrsPeel likes this.
  7. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Angela Toucan and MrsPeel like this.
  8. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

[​IMG]

I also used the cutouts in this one to make the ladder. That’s one of Tangie’s gesso styles on it.

MrsPeel likes this.
  9. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Jennifer, I used them, just layered in, because I like lots of layers- so apart from (Thanks Cindy!) @cinderella link to that scrap we did, you can use in tons of ways, I thought you were talking about Li Li's ones, I will look for some pages I am sure there are so many :)

cinderella likes this.
  10. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

11. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Lots of awesome ideas here. I haven't used this set but I would use them like Sara suggested in place of paper layers in a template. I also think they would be cool as page borders with paper clipped to them and some elements layered on top. Some of these cut outs remind me of a layout I did with a Just Jaimee template.

[​IMG]

The cut out grounds the photo and the chevrons in it direct the eye down to the photo and through the layout.

I can't wait to see how you use the cut outs. Make sure to come back here and show us.

12. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I don't have that particular set, but I use them as layers.
    [​IMG]

13. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

14. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i used 2 of those ones and a few from another Liz's pack here (it's a lift of Isa from a previous challenge so I second Kayla's idea ;)
    [​IMG]

15. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

definitely layer them! Looking at them from a paper standpoint, those scallop ones are perfect for using with different papers and layering them all down the page.

@littlekiwi It would be hybrid, but do you want me to do a blog post about how you might use them? I am always looking for ideas for blog posts for hybrid. But you might be able to transfer some of the ideas to digital!

I should add, I have a blog post coming up pretty quickly that I could do them with.

littlekiwi likes this.
  16. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

that’s a great idea @KatrinaHunt13 - I figure I must have bought them for a reason (apart from being on sale of course!)

cinderella likes this.
  17. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

An item on sale here is enough of a reason for me to buy it!

littlekiwi likes this.