A very sad announcement about Dawn Inskip

Discussion in 'Announcement Pad' started by lmccandless, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

The world is darker today. When I was diagnosed with my cancer, Dawn was the first person in my online community to reach out to me. At the time I barely had enough money for food
    and was being very frugal with my expenditures at The Pad (although she could not have known that) and she gave me a gift of $25.00 worth of her incredible art. I was so deelply touched that she would do that, and I explained to her how much fun I would have being able to get the many Dawn Inskip things on my wish list and playing with them. She gave me the gift of escape from my worries and she knew that. I am sad that we have lost such a loving, generous thoughtful angel and pray that the family knows how much she is loved here at the Pad.

2. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

3. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

So sad. I was a fan of Dawn's even before she came to the Pad. Her talent will be missed. I pray her family will be comforted by seeing the love she inspired.

scrapper78 likes this.
  4. scrumptious

scrumptious Well-Known Member

Thank you to everyone who has shared their stories about Dawn's beautiful personality and loving generosity. I only knew her through her beautiful designs and it means so much to hear how she has touched so many lives. My heart goes out to her family and her Lilypad community with condolences for this tragic and unexpected loss.

IntenseMagic and cfile like this.
  5. MamaB

MamaB Active Member

I am speechless. While I did not have the privilege of knowing her, I have followed her design career for many years. Condolences and prayers to/for her loved ones and friends. She will be missed.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. Maggiestampa

Maggiestampa New Member

I am devastated that the world has lost this lovely and talented Lady. She has been an inspiration to thousands of us in the scrapping community. My thoughts are with her family in this difficult time. I hope they know how much we valued her and her work over many years. She was a gift to all of us.

IntenseMagic, cfile and RJMJ like this.
  7. gduncan

gduncan Well-Known Member

I just heard this devastating news. I am so sad and heart-broken. I didn't know Dawn closely, but I have so many of her kits and love her designs. She was always so sweet and made so many nice comments on my layouts for challenges. I pray for Dawn's family and friends that God will comfort them and give them peace. I will miss her. My deepest sympathy to all.

8. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I know several people have asked if anyone knows anything about funeral services, so they can send flowers to Paul and Carly. This is what I have:

30 July 2018
    2:30pm
    Norse Road Crematorium & Cemetary
    MK41 O Bedford, Bedfordshire UK

Flowers welcome.
    Donations can be made to the
    The British Heart Foundation and sent via www.memorygiving.com/
    dawnroseinskip

Neville Funeral Service in Shefford is handling. Telephone 01462 813258

I’m going to go back and try to pull myself out of my grief from all the losses we’ve suffered. Praying for everyone!

umyesh, berniek, appellief and 6 others like this.
  9. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

No words. I am in shock at all the loss the digicommunity is taking. Prayers for her family

10. fanon

fanon Well-Known Member

I have no words - so sad... My thoughts are with her family.
    I will miss her...

11. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

12. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

13. EminePala_Art

EminePala_Art Member

OMG, I am in shock! Dear Dawn, I will miss you so much. Always in my heart. :(
    Prayers for your family and friends here. We met in Ede and I will always cherish those moments and that amazing picture of us both. Missing you ;( Dawn and I2.jpg 2007 .... Love you always

14. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

That's so amazing that you got to meet her! That is so, so special. She is missed so much.

EminePala_Art likes this.
  15. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

oh what a beautiful photo of you and Dawn. I too am glad you met her and were able to give her that wonderful hug. Gosh not a day goes by that I don't think of Dawn. She was such a special woman. Big hugs.

16. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

What a wonderful photograph of you and Dawn. I still find myself forgetting that she's not with us anymore. Thanks for sharing.

17. EminePala_Art

EminePala_Art Member

She was truly really sweet. We met back in 2007 in person. And followed eachother on our blogs. She was the sweetest. And I'm truly sad. Huge loss for all of us. We just need to keep her in our prayers. I am still processing. Love to you all.