2am in the ER

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by JillW, Oct 15, 2016.

1. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

So relieved everything turned out OK. Sometimes this kind of thing is needed to remind us we can't keep pushing our bodies without consequences. I hope he is able to slow down a bit and again, I'm thrilled he is ok today.

Now, get some rest!

2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

SO GLAD it wasn't anything more than what it was, because it sounds like you (and he) can handle it as long as he rests, which hopefully he starts doing more of! :)

3. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

so so glad to hear that it turned out not to be serious...as a resident patient at our local ER...I know how stressful can be to be there in the middle of the night/early mornings.... so so very happy isn't serious.

4. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

SO glad to hear that you're home and he's well. I hope he can listen to his body and slow down a bit and I hope that you can get some much needed rest tonight!

5. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

So scary, Jill. Hope this a wake up call for him to slow down a bit.

6. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Glad he's home and it wasn't serious. Wow scary. Take good care of each other

7. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Glad to hear that everything is okay Jill but I would be keeping an eye on him and nagging him to slow down! lol!! Hope he does heed the call and takes some time out for just himself to rest! xooxox

8. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

...oh believe me - I have that nagging part down really good! LOL!

bellbird and wombat146 like this.
  9. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Glad to hear he is home and it wasn't something super serious.

10. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

@JillW , How is he feeling today?

11. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

thanks for updating this Jill - and nagging is not a bad thing in this case!

12. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

Hi Jill! So glad to see he is alright and you guys are home. He sounds like such an amazing guy! My father is a giver too so I know how hard it is to make them think for themselves even if it is as basic as their health!! You please take care yourself and get some rest. Once you've had the rest - time for some serious talk with DH!! sending lots of virtual hugs your way!!

13. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Oh Thank Goodness he is alright! But Yes! Slow down! Anyone you can count on to maybe pick up some slack on home chores so he can get some rest when he is home?

14. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Any more news @JillW?
    It sounds like a scary time, I always think the supportive partner is the toughest role.

15. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

TLP has the best peeps ever - I haven't been around so much the past several months, but everyone is so friendly, loving and concerned as if I've been hanging here forever. :heartlub you all for it!!

Hubs is feeling better today - had a decent night of rest. We had a good talk today and he assured me he would not work so much OT - some of it is mandatory and that he will have to work. He also said he's going to find a hobby "for himself" and has some ideas - I know he'd feel better all around if he could do things he enjoys ... like scrapping is to me ...

We both have put on many (like 30+) extra pounds over the past 5 or 6 years - a little at time ... losing weight would help his sleep apnea. Today we took a nice walk together - it was very enjoyable (man, am I out of shape ... I am picturing Olaf saying that in Frozen as I type this) - but because we work opposite shifts, it's hard to spend a lot of time doing something like together. But - instead of eating dinner at night and then going into the living room to watch TV we've decided we're going to take a walk up and down the road we live on. It would take 20 minutes tops.

Again, thanks for all of the prayers and love. It means more than you can ever imagine!! XO

jenn mccabe, y_baros, bestcee and 4 others like this.
  16. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I am so glad this turned out to be better then you feared!!
    The plans you made, sound amazing to me. Walking is good, and it's nice to do with someone. I should totally go on walks more often. Those work hours though! Pffff. In my country, if you work night hours like that, you get payed 150%. I hope that is the same for your husband?
    Anyway, I'll keep sending some positivity your way!

17. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

What a relief Jill, take care of that man of yours, he sounds amazing!

18. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Jill so glad things turned out so well. Keeping you and your Hubby in my thoughts and prayers for continuous good health :)

19. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

So glad everything turned out ok.

20. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

I am so late seeing this! But so glad that everything is ok! Praying for you.