Comments on Profile Post by berniek

1. cinderella
    cinderella
    I don't know what you're going through, but it's almost done as you say. You're stronger than it. <3
    Dec 21, 2017
    berniek and bellbird like this.
  2. berniek
    berniek
    Nope. I’m a crying broken down mess right now. Total meltdown.
    I have one more day before Christmas break. But this first Christmas without my father had me emotionally charged without really noticing myself. And now I broke.
    Dec 21, 2017
    cinderella likes this.
  3. bellbird
    bellbird
    that loss is understandably hard at this time of year. it's ok to meltdown Maybe you could light a candle for him or set a place at the table to remember him and make him part of your day
    Dec 21, 2017
    berniek likes this.
  4. umyesh
    umyesh
    I'm so sorry Berniek. Sending you some love and comfort.
    Dec 21, 2017
    berniek likes this.
  5. cinderella
    cinderella
    My father died 14 years ago, a few days before Christmas. This holiday has been sad for me ever since. But time came and I found joy again. The same will happen to you. Take your time to grief, it's totally ok. Of course it has changed you. I'm sending you a big hug...
    Dec 22, 2017
    berniek likes this.
  6. Angela Toucan
    Angela Toucan
    bless you
    Dec 22, 2017
    berniek likes this.
  7. berniek
    berniek
    Thank you all.
    Dec 22, 2017
    Angela Toucan and cinderella like this.
  8. bbymks5
    bbymks5
    My daughter had half a day yesterday so she's o her first full day of Christmas break...I'm NOT going to make it LOL!!
    Dec 22, 2017
    berniek likes this.
  9. bestcee
    bestcee
    I can never remember our time change, but I hope you are on break now. I'm sorry, holidays are rough without the ones we love. Sending you hugs from here. And it's ok to cry. My mom cries sometimes over my sister who died at 6 months old, 35 years ago.
    Dec 22, 2017
    berniek likes this.
  10. berniek
    berniek
    @bestcee yes I'm on break as of now. I left early, so I skipped the party and drinks. It took a long while to calm down and I'm not there yet. But I'm much better then last night. :)
    Dec 22, 2017
    bestcee likes this.
  11. bestcee
    bestcee
    How long are you off?
    Dec 22, 2017
  12. berniek
    berniek
    Two whole weeks. I need to start again on January 9. The plus side of being a teacher.
    Dec 22, 2017