LOD 2021 - March 14 - Tangie Baxter

Discussion in '2021 LOD' started by ArmyGrl, Mar 14, 2021.

1. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

FebMarchCalendar2021-3-14.jpg
    Welcome to March 14th Love Our Designers! Today’s designer crush is TANGIE BAXTER!!

No other digital designer has had such a profound influence on my artistry as Tangie Baxter and the Art Journal Caravan. Raise your hand if you joined the caravan! :bwave

Through art journaling, I learned to create from the heart and follow intuition. I learned it is okay to make mistakes and to not be perfect. I learned to take risks and weave in and out of styles. Anything goes in art journaling. There is no right or wrong. It is a journey, an exploration.

In addition to art journaling, Tangie is pretty talented at fantasy styled layouts too! These layout were pulled from her blog:
    IMG_1692.JPG

Amazing!

If you are a lover of art journaling and Tangie Baxter, help me celebrate her today by posting your layouts below.

In my layout below, I used Amiable Botanicals
    [​IMG]

and Excavations No.1: The Mind
    [​IMG]

My layout:
    DeepInThoughts.jpg

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    G.J., flowersgal and wvsandy like this.
  2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Ooh perfect timing, I just used Excavations No.1 The Mind a couple of days ago along with a collab from Rachel

[​IMG]

3. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

4. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

How funny , I did not realize it was you hosting, but this is my 2fer for the scraplift challenge.
    I Love Tangie Baxters style. I have taken quite a few of her courses, and bought both her font bundle ( over 60 scrumptious fonts ) and access to the vault.
    but here is a page made for the scraplift challenge , but using only Tangies Kits
    [​IMG]

5. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

Years ago, I had the pleasure of playing with her stuff and it was so much fun!!

6. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

7. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

Hand raised!! I have been in/on/around the caravan!!
    So here is a funny story. Before I discovered digital crafting last year, I already knew of Tangie and her work and had taken a few of her classes / workshops and owned a few of her kits. I love her designs and her style, I use a lot of her stuff in my physical art journals (I rarely share these). I was so surprised when I saw her here at the Lilypad - whoop.

[​IMG]

Nemla likes this.
  8. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

@ArmyGrl is there a sale on for Tangie today? I am not seeing it in store if there is xx

9. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Love Tangie's designs, and actually I found on my stash pretty old stash, from 2011. I made this page for Inspiration challenge, I used only Tangie's stuff. Thank you so much for hosting, wishing you a fabulous day!
    [​IMG]

10. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Tangie was the reason I got into Art Journaling. I love her style and ideas. I participated in Art Journal Caravan then Art Journal Emporium plus all her Disney online workshops (and a couple of in person at Disneyland workshops). I was also on her team for quite a few years. Tangie is great!
    [​IMG]

11. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Hi Claire. Unfortunately no sales.

Claire Grantham likes this.
  12. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I have overspent lately on my digi shopping so I used products I already have and one set - The Ultimate Splatter Graffiti bundle is something I often go to and enjoy using items from.
    This is a card front which I will print and add trimmings to for a hybrid card.

[​IMG]

13. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I always forget how much I love Tangie's designs. This is a kit I've had since I first joined here.

[​IMG]

14. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

15. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Art Journaling Love! For Tangie!...I Too Discovered Tangie Many Years Ago...It Was My First Endeavor Into Discovering What The Heck Art Journaling Was!...I Was Fascinated At How Messy Something Could Look...But Yet Be So Skillfully Designed!...I Was Intrigued!...& I Never Looked Back...It Is Certainly Part Of My Own Signature Style...Happy! LOD Tangie!...Thanks! For The Inspiration!...I Created A Page...Albeit A Bit Late...I Used Only The Tangie Pieces Except One Element Of Grass...That Is Rebecca McMeens!...

*For My Hearts Of Utopia-I Used: Steampunk Utopia-Tangie Baxter & Rebecca McMeen

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  16. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

17. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I almost forgot to post it here. :bwave
    [​IMG]

18. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

19. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

I joined the Art Journal Caravan in 2011 and have most of Tangie’s kits and online workshops. I love Tangie’s art journaling style and kits.

[​IMG]