2016 Reading Goals

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by scrapsandsass, Dec 17, 2015.

1. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Do you have any goals for reading in 2016? A list of books? A certain number of books? A new author you want to try? A book club you want to participate in? Setting aside reading time in general?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  2. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

I liked my goal of 24 books for 2015. I'll probably do it again for 2016. My goal is to actually finish all my book club books this year. :)

scrapsandsass likes this.
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

This year (2015) is the first year in forever that I didn't meet my reading goals. I blame Harry Potter. Lol. I've been reading those half-heartedly since August. I'm finally reading the last book now. They aren't bad books, they just haven't sucked me in and I only read about 2 pages a night before I fall asleep. Lol. I can't wait to get sucked into a good book again after I finish these! I set my goal at 40 books this year and I've only finished 24... but I did re-read a few that I didn't count, so not too bad. I'll probably set my goal around the same this year.

4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I had sadly not read like I normally do, but I am now, with the Library little app thing on my kindle? I admit to listening to more books this year, than reading, but enjoying them just the same. I would like to hit 20 for next year I believe, with a few church history (revivals and such) tossed in.

5. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I'll probably stick with my 50 books goal. It's going to be tight for me this year, but I'm okay if I don't hit it. It just gives me something to shoot for!

6. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I have been horrible about reading the past couple of years. I think I need to set a goal for myself, but I'm not sure what. Given what I read this past year, one a month wouldn't be a bad start. It's just hard for me to put that down as a goal since I used to be more like a one book a week reader in the past.

7. SirScrapalot

SirScrapalot Tackling my to-do list with gusto

So last year I set it for 50 books...and I am at like 23. This year I will probably lower it a bit to 30

8. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

This is so me! I think 1 a month would be a vast improvement over this year which is so sad to me. I used to read 2-3 books a week when I worked at a library (granted most of them were juvenile and young adult but still). I'm seeing at least a dozen books on my bookshelf right now that I really want to read so I think I'm going to list them in my planner and start working my way through, but I think I'm going to set a goal of at least one chapter a night instead. That seems doable to me and I know it'll be a great way to unwind at the end of the day.

9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I should set a goal! How do you track how many books you read? Do you wrote then down somewhere?

If I count the books I read with my kid, then I read over 100 this year. Lol. Myself, I have no idea. I read 6 last month, but I'm not positive that's average for me.

10. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I think most of us belong to Goodreads and they will track it for you. It's like Facebook for book nerds!!

11. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

I love using Good Reads to track what I'm reading and what I've completed. In September, I set the goal of reading 30 minutes before bedtime each day - something I have done my entire life until the last few years. I'm not sure what my goal for 2016 will be other than to definitely continue my nightly reading and to reach for my books instead of social media when I have a spare minute.

enjoyyourpix and scrapsandsass like this.
  12. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

I have not been reading as much as past years, but have read 60 novels so far this year. I use Goodreads and Shelfari to keep track.

Katydid and scrapsandsass like this.
  13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

And if I hate Facebook? LOL. I know I have an account there, I just never go to the site.

I'm thinking maybe I'll track my books in my planner. Does anyone else do that?

14. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

I'm on Good Reads too if you all want to add me to yours!!! Kellie Allred-Salmon is my name and my E-mail is DixieDoesPSP@Gmail.com Feel free to FB me too!!

carrie1977 and scrapsandsass like this.
  15. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

That is a good idea!! I read so many maybe 3-4 a week I would probably forget to add them........

16. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I'll stick to 50 as well - that's like a book a week and I figure that's doable even when busy (and audiobooks totally count don't they?! i've been counting them the last few years - another story down is still another story down) - and yep, love Goodreads for tracking and recommendations

17. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

I'm doing the PopSugar reading challenge. I downloaded their list, resized it in Photoshop and added it to my planner.

lmccandless and scrapsandsass like this.
  18. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I need to set a more attainable goal for myself this year. I'm thinking maybe 25 books. I didn't read as many books this year as I thought I would.

19. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Sent you a friend request. :)

DixieDoesPSP likes this.
  20. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I must find this!!!

For the last several years, I've set the goal at 52. I came really close in 2013, but totally slacked in 2014. I'm meeting it this year, so I'm sticking with it for 2016 too. It is funny because it is one a week, but sometimes I won't read one book in a month and at another point, I'll read 4-5 in a week. Totally hit and miss.

I'm totally envious of those of you organized enough to track in your planner. :)