2016 Reading Goals

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by scrapsandsass, Dec 17, 2015.

1. southernmother

southernmother Headed to SB for some cold brew & coconut milk

My goal for 2016 is 52 books one book a week. It is what my 2015 goal was, and I surpassed it and read 59, so I was very pleased with myself. I am participating in the book club here at TLP, and am really looking forward to it!!

2. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

i'm not going to set a goal this year. i am going to read longer books that i put on hold because of the reading goals i set. i am going to go through my to read list and pick some books that i've been meaning to read & put them up next. but that is about it. :)

3. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Goal....to read some of my to-read list. I didn't read much for 2015.

klee73010 likes this.
  4. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

My goal for last year was 24. I ended up with 26, so I set my 2016 goal for 27!!!!

5. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I'm another fast reader. I finished 242 for 2015 so my goal for 2016 is 250. I also have some personal goals as to particular authors that have series that I want to read, or back list titles to read, etc.

6. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

I love Goodreads. I set my goal at 100 last year but only got to around 70. Audio books are becoming my friend as is my digi reader.

last year my go to genre were autobiographies by women comedians, Jennifer Saunders, Tina Fey, Mindy Kaling etc.

And I loved the Game of Thrones Series, the first one is so dense and it took me ages to finish it but very rewarding. But I could not get into Outlander.

Will love to be in the Lilypad bookclub though, sounds good.

7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Did you see the thread? We are reading all the light you cannot see for January. I hope you can join in!

8. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I love Goodreads too. Its such a great way to keep track of everything you want to read and have read! Last year I set my goal at 100 and just made it. This year, I'm going for 105 which isn't much more but still an increase!

I've never belonged to a book club but it sounds like it would be fun!