What would you like to learn?

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by jk703, Mar 22, 2023.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I love to learn new things. I'm self taught in Photoshop. I usually learn as I scrap - when I want to do something on my layout that I don't know how to accomplish, off to figure it out. I usually like photos, step by step, rather than videos. That's my preference.

What have you learned lately? Or what do you want to learn?

umyesh likes this.
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I want to relearn how to make a photo into a sketch. I rarely use the technique so I always forget it.

Iowan, scribler, Cath_ and 1 other person like this.
  3. jk703

I have to go check how I did mine. I definitely have done it, but a long time ago. I would love to make it a rainbow pencil sketch too!

umyesh likes this.
  4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I've been participating in a subscription forum specifically for Paint Shop Pro for about 18 months and have been taking advantage of all the tutorials, master classes, workshops and Q&A's that are available.

I've been exposed to tools that I never looked at and ways of doing things that have made my process easier. Right now I'm in a workshop on how to "Build A Kit". That alone has given me a new appreciation for the work that designers do because it ain't always easy! I will probably never design but I will at least know how to add to kits if I'm needing something it doesn't have.

This week is also a 7 day workshop on using the Text Tool. Today is day 3 and is about using the text wrapping feature.

So I guess I'm just soaking in everything I can. But I still can't get a handle on using a Wacom pen...

Angela Toucan and jk703 like this.
  5. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Rainbow pencil sketch??? That sounds cool. Haven't done that. I'll have to google it.

I do extractions in PS but would like to work on finessing the selection.

jk703 and HeatherB like this.
  6. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

jk703 likes this.
  7. jk703

8. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

that's a great idea, I would love to relearn the same.

umyesh likes this.
  9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@umyesh

I did this technique YEARS ago in 2012 but instead of just the sketch, part of the photo remained underneath.

Let me know if this is the look you're going for, and I'll get with Jenn @jk703 to give her the steps.

529515_3906861642089_976856828_n.jpg

10. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Love that look Cheryl! Yes please!

jk703 and gonewiththewind like this.
  11. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

that and

color the existing area of a mask then leaving some black after filling most of it
    recolor stamps
    blend photo in background
    example of where one uses swaches (color group)
    when using brush, what upper setting mean, like tolerance etc

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    cfile and umyesh like this.
  12. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I am up for learning just about anything....I feel like I only really know the basics of PSCC and don't get super creative with it

13. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

Love this! I would love to learn this also! Just amazing!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  14. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I've done a bit about this on the blog last year, a lot of the time dragging and dropping it in just gives U the texture instantly, especially on a white-ish background because the designers have already done the work, I'm happy to do another in the future in more detail. Duplicating the gesso so it's 'thicker' if needed is an easy trick as well https://the-lilypad.com/beginners-mixed-media-textured-paint/

elseepe likes this.
  15. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I know how to use Photoshop and Illustrator for what I NEED to do...but would love to REALLY know how to use them well. I've thought about taking classes...but time is an issue!

Right now I'm teaching myself Latin. My kids learn it in Middle School and High School and I've always sort of stumbled along with them but I'm actually taking 30 minutes a day for me just to learn it. It's so helpful...in so many ways. It makes me tired, old brain stay strong (I think).

16. HavaDrPepper

2 years of Latin was enough for me! I wanted to take French in high school and Mom vetoed that saying I had to take Latin. I remember one thing "Veni, Vidi, Vici".

17. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I came. I saw. I conquered!

Hey, if you learn Latin...French is supposed to be easier to learn.

18. HavaDrPepper

After 2 years of Latin, I wanted nothing to do with any foreign languages! I only made it through year 2 with some help from friends (that had their test papers placed on their desks so it was easy for others to see... they were the brains in the class and the teacher was old and didn't pay attention while students took tests). After A's in first year, I was lucky to get C's in second year! LOL

19. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

I use photoshop elements and after taking a long break from scrapbooking I seem to have forgotten how to do some stuff. I'm not sure if PSE 2022 has this feature, I used to do it when I had regular photoshop YEARS ago, but I would like to learn how to create a text path on different shapes, etc.

20. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I don't have PSE, but I think it has had capability to do text in shapes for a couple of years. It's probably more limited than full PS, but I'll bet someone here knows how to work with PSE capabilities and can point you in the right direction.