January 5 - Grid Photo

Discussion in 'MOC 2020 Challenges' started by IntenseMagic, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

@IntenseMagic can you let me know what version of Photoshop you are using? Mine looks different. I'm finding some of the options just from being a longtime user, but my version is slightly different and has me doing some searching so I was just wondering.

Edited to add an example...
    Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 11.19.04 AM.png
    I don't have the same options under step 10. My marquee tools were in a different place too but I found those.

I did complete my page so it wasn't an issue at all. :)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  2. Alexandra M Meffert

Alexandra M Meffert Well-Known Member

3. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Thank you for the challenge and the tutorial ,both to you and to Christa @cfile , I wish I had used a better photo..
    but I liked the challenge, and If I have time I will do an other
    [​IMG]

IntenseMagic and cfile like this.
  4. sthomas51004

sthomas51004 Well-Known Member

I used green, blue, and yellow

[​IMG]

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

I LOVED THIS CHALLENGE! Thanks so much for teaching us how to do this!
    I used orange, purple and green on a B&W photo.

[​IMG]

6. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I believe @IntenseMagic Jan is using PSCC. It's a setting that changes the interface. If you go into Preferences > Workspace there is Condensed > "Enable Narrow Options Bar". With the box checked, it looks like your setup. With it unchecked it looks like Jan's. You would have to restart PS to see the change if you switch.

7. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

8. Heidi Nicole

Heidi Nicole Well-Known Member

Whoa this is an awesome technique! Thanks for the tut! I used orange, blue, black/white
    [​IMG]

tia3966 and IntenseMagic like this.
  9. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Yep, what Kim said here :) I didn't even know that was a thing until someone else mentioned it.

10. Thuria

Thuria Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for this tuto! Amazing!
    [​IMG]

11. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

@IntenseMagic ...Thank You! For The Go Ahead! On My Grid Photo!...I'm Finally Getting This Challenge Done After Skipping It Multiple Times...My Program Doesn't Have The Capability To Do This Technique...So I Downloaded Gimp On Line & Did The Steps & Created My Grid Through That Program...I Have To Admit That I Struggled With It...I Couldn't Get It To Do Exactly What I Wanted It To...But In The End I Was Actually Happy With The Result & The Way It Turned Out...

My Photo Grid Is Very Dramatic & Definitely Has An Urban/Graphic Feel To It...The Very Idea Of This Challenge...Grid...To Me Equals Graphic...So My Theme Is Pretty Obvious...I Do Scrap About My Anxiety From Time To Time & I Feel That I Am Always Immersed So Much In These Kind Of Layouts...They Are Some Of My Most Personal & You Can See & Feel All The Strong Emotion That Goes Into Creating Them...But I Feel Personally That They Are Some Of My Best Layouts To Date...The Struggle Has Been Real As Of Late & I Needed A Challenge To Pour Out All Of Those Emotions...This One Lent To It Right On Time...Exactly When I Needed It...So I Choose To Believe That The Reason Why I Wasn't Able To Complete This Challenge Until Now...Was Because It Just Wasn't The Right Day/Time/Moment Until Now...

While I Was Creating This Layout Everything Just Seemed To Fall Into Place Perfectly...The Just Right City At Night Photo To Frame The Background & Highlight The Struggle That Complimented My Grid Photo Exactly How I Wanted It To...The Just Right WA & The Just Right Colors...And How I Highlighted The Struggle With The Rain & Lightning & The Scatter That Looks Like Snow(It Is Freezing Here After All...)...The Storms Of Life That Come & Go & Also You Can See All The Bright Lights From The Windows Shining...Kind Of Like Beacons Of Hope...Signifying The Hope That Shines In All Of Us Who Struggle With These Issues & The Hope That Things Will Be Brighter & Get Better Soon...

*For My Inner Turmoil & Change Layout-I Used:

*All The Feels-Collab-Part 3-The Lilypad
    *Off The Grid-Bundle & Hope Shines Bright-Bundle-Rachel Jefferies
    *The Good Life:June-Marisa Lerin(2)
    *Magnificent Overlays:Lightning & Rain-ArtistMef(3)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. danfeen

danfeen Active Member

2020_balance_moc8_5.jpg

That was fun! I love learning something new from photoshop. Thanks for the challenge.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  13. julianz

julianz Well-Known Member

This was a really fun challenge, Thanks. I finished it straightaway but had to catch up a couple before I could post it.
    For MOC8 Day 5: Grid technique
    [​IMG]
    Credits:
    Late Summer Kit by Lynn Grieveson

14. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

This was seriously a challenge, Jan! Always love trying something new.

[​IMG]

nanascrapper and IntenseMagic like this.
  15. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Why yes, I CAN help you get to Disney!

I used brown, green and blue:
    [​IMG]

IntenseMagic and angels like this.
  16. morgyns

morgyns Well-Known Member

17. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

Thank you for teaching how to do a grid like this! The steps were perfect to follow!

[​IMG]

I used: blue, green, & purple for my colorizing!

18. CindyB

CindyB Proud to be a Hoofer!

I loved this challenge! Thank you @IntenseMagic for teaching me something new!
    [​IMG]

nanascrapper and IntenseMagic like this.
  19. jnac916

jnac916 Active Member

I have tried a few time to do this challenge, but i have not been successful. I use PSE 13. I can get the grid and I know where my tool is....the problem I am having is sometimes when I use the pencil it will make an extra layer for the grid, other times it does not. Both times, if I have to merge layers or not, it is missing lines in the grid that I drew. Also, if I do carry on to step 10 in the tutorial, I don't see a way to check sample layers. Has anyone use PSE 13 and been able finish this challenge? Anymore information would be great.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  20. frutselke

frutselke I belong among the wildflowers...

Great tutorial and a lesson learned.
    No matter what I tried, the single row and column marquee tools didn't show up.
    It took me over an hour to realise I didn't have the right workspace selected. Next time that's the first thing I will check!
    Tried to make my colours match the Hyannis kit I used as much as possible: red, fuchsia and yellow.
    Instead of white for the covering layer, I used light blue. And I added some transparant coloured squares over the light blue.

[​IMG]

IntenseMagic likes this.