Procreate

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by SharLamb, Apr 19, 2019.

1. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

LOL - you aren't kidding. I would have never bought one. Never. My hubby ended up buying it for me and I'm still not sure why. I don't use it often enough to justify the cost!

Dalis likes this.
  2. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Jenn, kind of like me with a new DELUXE Wacom tablet/pen. I researched them for weeks...looked for bargain prices, knew that with a "better" one I would actually USE it. But I decided against it and was really worried DH or DS would get me one. But I use my iPad ALL THE TIME. I fall asleep in front of the TV if I don't have a game of solitaire or mah jong or Wordly going, so it's next to my chair in the family room. I take it to bed with me and do a last swing thru my email, texts, FB, IG, and, of course, TLP before lights out. Now, of course, I will be Procreating!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I want to "paint" using it!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  4. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I want one of those too! Let's not forget the unicorn!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  5. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

[​IMG]
    (sorry, I couldn't resist :giggle)
    DH has an iPad Pro and I'm very tempted to get Procreate. Seems like y'all are having fun with the app!

bestcee and cfile like this.
  6. SharLamb

norton94 and Tree City like this.
  7. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I bit the apple at Christmas for a phone, and have gone to the dark side and so want to JUMP completely to this...yikes, you make it look easy!

amandac likes this.
  8. SharLamb

LOL, Anne! Bit the Apple! I will have to remember that one. You won't be unhappy.

9. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

I draw on my Procreate, I scrap on my Procreate, I sometimes design on my Procreate... I love it! But of course nothing beats PS.

10. Li Li Wee

It doesn’t have to be an IPad Pro.

11. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I know @Tangie Baxter uses it, ( pro create) I took a class of hers where she mentioned it, and gave a live demonstration. Don't get me started on Affinity , I agree with you , to much like photoshop, but too different in the way it is used.

12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

So... for those of you who app-scrap... where do you put your digi-supplies so you can use them? Do you move what you know you're going to use to Dropbox or something like that?

13. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I have an iCloud subscription and I have all my scrap supplies there. With my iPad Pro I can have my iCloud folder open at the same time as my affinity photo so I just drag and drop stuff. I also have everything backed up to an EHD.

norton94 and Karen like this.
  14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh! I have an iCould subscription too, but I don't think it's big enough to hold ALL my scrap supplies. Lol... but I didn't even think about using that for storing scrap stuff. Hmmm... good to know if I take the plunge. I didn't buy the Affinity app yet because it was $20, but I'm still considering it. :)

gracielou likes this.
  15. SharLamb

I've used both Drop Box and the Cloud. I just pick products I think I would like to use, COPY them into a separate folder (on my desktop), and shoot them over to ProC via Drop Box or the Cloud.

16. Li Li Wee

I only store the kit that I’m going to scrap in my cloud then delete it once I’m done with it. I hardly use Affinity because I can’t get my shadows to look realistic like PS so I use Procreate as I create my own shadow.

norton94 and Karen like this.
  17. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Your shadows look fabulous! I bought it this past weekend. I had a ton of youtube videos saved from when I was researching the app awhile ago and I have a ton of brushes that I downloaded too. Figured might as well just give it a try. :) It's pretty intuitive -I just need to watch the videos for how to shadow ... I have a few saved. Did you find any good ones you'd recommend @SharLamb because your shadows look FAB!
    @Li Li Wee do you have any tips/videos or recommendations for shadowing in procreate?

18. SharLamb

Jenn! You are too kind! The shadows are what I had the most problem with. In ProC you have to duplicate the element. On the one that is the lower layer, you turn down the “volume” so it is black, add a small Gaussian blur, drag it away to where you want the shadow to show, then turn down the opacity to what looks right to you. I don’t recall a specific video about it, but I will get back to you when I’m at my cpu. I’ve also not mastered masks yet, but somehow stumbled on how to do it. Nicole’s video that I followed to make my first one shows how to do both, but there are some mini YT videos that cover both, I’m sure. We may have to have a ProC “thread?” at TLP like the Game of Thrones fans have! ??? Makes me happy to see others joining the ProC Party!

Li Li Wee likes this.
  19. SharLamb

jenn mccabe likes this.
  20. Li Li Wee

@jenn mccabe this is how I create my shadows. If you are scrapping with lots of layers, it’s a lot of work. If you are not fussy about your shadows, then get Affinity. I create mostly AJ kinda pages, therefore i hardly add shadows. But I have both app.

jenn mccabe likes this.