breeoxd

Why I scrap

Why I scrap
breeoxd, Jan 3, 2021
Description:
Why do I scrap? I think the more accurate question is why wouldn’t I? I love paper and art and photos and words, and, and, and... I love stories. I love technology, and learning the latest things. I love being part of a community of (mostly) women who encourage and support each other as they embark on their memory keeper’s journey. I love knowing that when I’m gone, Abby and Jay will have a part of me to hold onto. It soothes me to know that if I succumb to dementia like my grandparents, I will be able to read my life story, even if I don’t recognize it as my own. I love making pretty things. I love digitally playing with paint and textures and colors, with stitches and layers (and being able to erase it all with no mess). I love having a hobby that never ends. I love being good at something; at being able to help and inspire people with my creative team work. The occasional recognition of my efforts is an ego boost, too. More than any of these things, though, I scrap to make sense of my world and my emotions. I scrap to get all the crazy inside, out. It’s my chance to apologize, to make amends, to show the people in my life I love them, and to show myself grace. To filter ‘living history’ into something manageable and real. I think the world would be a better place if everyone had a way to combine emotions, memories and art into something meaningful.

Uses The Lilypad Mixed Media Monthly September 20, and All About Me collab
chastml, Dalis, FarrahJobling and 3 others like this.