AnnaB

Why I scrap

Why I scrap
AnnaB, Jan 2, 2021
Description:
Little Butterfly Wings Free to be me kit, https://the-lilypad.com/store/Free-to-be-me-kit.html
Fonts: Camden, Traveling_Typewriter

258 words
I started scrapping to document our family’s memories, from our past travels to life events. I now enjoy creating pages for our grandson’s photo books. My son and daughter in law both very much enjoy the books I create for him, collecting little anecdotes and snippets from the precious moments I get to spend with him. It has also become a sort of a hobby. While doing the Month of Challenges last year and some challenges throughout the year, I discovered that I thoroughly enjoy creating less traditional (photo based) pages, and more in the art journaling style. It allows me to put on paper (so to speak!) thoughts and feelings I would not necessarily share otherwise. I have never had any artistic talent. I cannot draw or paint, I cannot sing, dance or act, so discovering that I could be creative, albeit via digital media, was quite thrilling. To be able to express the good and bad of a day through an art journaling page is extremely liberating. I like that there are no rules to follow. When I scrap a traditional page, I always have on the back of my mind that the page should be liked by others, but in art journaling the only person I need to please is myself. If I scrap the page for a challenge, of course I enjoy reading positive comments in the gallery, but most of these pages I do not share at all, and the only thing that matters is how it made me feel to create them.
    • Angela Toucan
      lovely artsy page for your journaling
      AnnaB likes this.
    • HeatherB
      This is beautiful! Love the artsy feel to this with the art doll. And love the word art up the side of the page. Great page! Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
      AnnaB likes this.
    • keepscrappin
      i love the art doll and the painted lines and doodley word art on the side... amazing!
      AnnaB likes this.
    • ArmyGrl
      Art journaling is awesome! I say, create to hearts delight...even when making a "scrapbook" page. At the end of the day, do you like what you create? Yes? Green light.
      AnnaB likes this.
    • Karen
      Congratulations! Your fabulous layout has been spotlighted on the Lilypad Blog today! :fairydance
      AnnaB likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lilypad Challenges & Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    AnnaB
    Date:
    Jan 2, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    240.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).