Busy Week Elements by One Little Bird
Rise and Shine by ForeverJoy Designs
Bright Side by The Lilypad Designers
Brush of the Month Club July 2017 by Tangie Baxter
Digital Traveler's Notebook Templates by Just Jaimee
Tea-riffic and Yesterdays by Etc by Danyale

Fonts are Freestyle script, Whatever It Takes, and Times New Roman

Journaling:

This is the closest thing I have to a picture with my father. It's only a small, scrapped version but I'm glad I have it. I can look at this - at the happy baby I was - and think: what if? Which I know is a fool's game, but still the heart wonders when you give it half a chance.

What if the man who gave me words in the first place didn't spend so many years forcing me to be silent?

Life is what happens while you're busy making plans. Sometimes that's so true you can’t even be made about it. We had plans, my husband and I, but the Gods had another one - that my father's death day would become my son's conception day.

And then this connection, these questions: Those years I spent unable to say what I needed most, how much did they help me understand a son who had no words at all? Would I have been as patient without truly understanding what it feels like to be denied the ability to advocate for yourself?

It comes full circle with this: My father gave me the words, passed down in this strangely arranged wiring schematic of DNA, but it's my son who has given me the life I need to write them.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 7
    Uploaded By:
    blueberries
    Date:
    Feb 1, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    784.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).