garrynkim

Thanksgiving-dinner

Thanksgiving-dinner
garrynkim, Jan 11, 2021
Description:
Kim Jensen
Fashion Friendly

I love my mom and sisters. We have such a great relationship. I am the oldest and then there are my two brothers and then my sisters. So, between me and Ky there is a 10-year age gap and between me and Krissy a 14-year age gap. You would never be able to tell that though, we are best friends and love every chance we get to spend time together. They both live in the Boise area about 15 min away from each other and I live in Las Vegas. My mom is in La Grande, about 3 and a half hours from Ky and Krissy. We cherish the summer time because we all spend it together. We have for years, ever since my kids were little, I’d pack them up and head to Oregon for the summers, sometimes staying as long as two months. They also come hear often to visit. Thanks to modern technology, we stay in touch almost daily through text and now the wonderful app Marco Polo. We have fun crazy conversations on that app. The only bad thing is we don’t really have a tangible record of our conversations and what not. So, I do like that we still text each other. Texts I can save, they can become tangible evidence of our crazy conversations. Usually, it’s just texts with some occasional photos. Sometimes though, we go a little crazy and get gif happy! That is when the real fun begins. One such conversation I just had to document involved Thanksgiving this year. Usually, we don’t do Thanksgiving together. Krissy does it with Brian’s family, we stay put here in Vegas and Ky and her family go to my mom and dads. But with this year being what it was (uh hum COVID) that wasn’t going to happen. Now, Ky is not the best cook, in fact, she doesn’t cook at all! So, the thought of doing Thanksgiving was enough to put her in the grave! So, when she started her “what am I going to do for Thanksgiving?” text, it quickly became a hilarious conversation that had me laughing out loud through it all. The funny part is, with all that humor, she was legit terrified! The conversation quickly turned into recognizing our differences and laughing over them. I had started Christmas prep early this year and had everything bought for my family of 10 (a married son, daughter in law and two grandsons included in that). To top it off, I had already wrapped everything too! Ky, however is usually out buying gifts for her two boys sometimes on Christmas Eve! I’m sure she was appalled at my Christmas readiness and it showed in our conversation. My mom jumped in on the fun as she only sent money to everyone this year for Christmas and had of course already sent the checks in the mail, so technically she was done too! Krissy, always the even keel, go with the flow one in the group hadn’t given us a status update, but I’m sure she was somewhere in between us all. Anywho, I digress, Ky was able to vent her Thanksgiving frustrations and we all had a good laugh! I’m happy to report that she did survive and later sent us am amazing photo of her finished Thanksgiving meal and it turned out great!

560 words
threadjungle likes this.
    • SeattleSheri
      I love how you flanked your page with all of the screenshots! Super clever!!!
      garrynkim likes this.
    • cfile
      Love all the screen shots and wonderful journaling of family siblings even older still have fun together. I do that with my brother re texts and photos so it is the next best thing to being there. you page is so much fun with the stitched border and those great patched corners. great page Kim!
      garrynkim likes this.
    • StefanieS
      Awesome, I love the way you told your story and included all the screen shots. You are so blessed to have such great relationships with them all.
      garrynkim likes this.
    • Saar
      Oh this is a lot of fun! I love your page design and all the screen shots.
      What a great take on the challenge. Beautiful work.
      garrynkim likes this.
    • ajm
      Such a great page! Love the journaling and all the screenshots!
      garrynkim likes this.
    • umyesh
      It was so fun to read your journaling and learn about you and your siblings :) we have a running group text with my siblings and it is so crazy sometimes haha I love the page corners and the "it's a girl thing" word strip.
      garrynkim likes this.
    • bestcee
      I adore that you added in the text messages in photos! It's a beautiful design element! I love that you documented your sister's terror at preparing Thanksgiving! There's so much personality captured in your story. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for playing in my challenge!
      garrynkim likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lilypad Challenges & Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    garrynkim
    Date:
    Jan 11, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    242.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).