BLKinOR

Self Care here

Self Care here
BLKinOR, Sep 14, 2020
Description:
One of the ways I deal with stress and challenges. So far I've done 5 puzzles this year. It may have been five years since I last did a puzzle. As I was planning this layout, I realized that my mother may have used puzzling to ease stress and distract her mind as she taught me to do the same or perhaps she simply knew that it would keep me quiet for hours..Hah!

Credits:
Lynn Grieveson August Challenge template
Lynn Grieveson We are Golden kit (I used only a paper here)
https://the-lilypad.com/store/We-Are-Golden-Kit.html
LynnG likes this.
    • StefanieS
      Wow, you made me think now. Wonder if my mother did the same for me?
      Love the awesome pictures of you puzzling and that it allows you to look after your mental health - well done. Thanks for playing along with our challenge this month.
      BLKinOR likes this.
    • Angela Toucan
      fabulous photos and journaling, beautiful jigsaw.
      BLKinOR likes this.
    • cookingmylife
      Interesting page! The birdcage puzzle is gorgeous but I must admit I've never known of anyone to do a puzzle seated on the floor! whatever works, right?
      BLKinOR likes this.
    • flowersgal
      Love your page. We are fans of jigsaw puzzles and they always make an appearance when we are together for holidays, reunions, etc. That birdcage one is wonderful. Nice journaling too.
      BLKinOR likes this.
    • BLKinOR
      @Eyeore, I'll never have a chance to ask. Let me know if you do and what you find out!
    • BLKinOR
    • BLKinOR
      @cookingmylife thanks. It's all a juggling act when you eat at a table for four...clearing and moving the puzzle there happens only between dinner and breakfast! I moved furniture to create that space on the floor.
    • BLKinOR
      @flowersgal, thank you, it was a great puzzle to do. I highly recommend Gallison if you can find them where you are. Like many layouts I make , my initial thoughts about journaling changed. In this case with the realization that my mother probably used puzzling for self care and/or child care. I also remember having to follow her somewhat strict rules about how one did a puzzle. The edge first, the sorting, the board so you could move the puzzle, & learning to search both for shape and for color. This sounds so much better.
      StefanieS likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lynn Grieveson
    Uploaded By:
    BLKinOR
    Date:
    Sep 14, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    241.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    730px
    Height:
    730px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).