Jacque Larsen Sanded Papers
Karah Fredricks Curious
wild rumpus by Emily Merritt and Jacque Larsen
Kaye Winiecki Stamped Alpha
Valorie Wibbens Smile
Jacque Larsen Squeaky Clean
CD Muckosky Story Starters Matters of the Heart
Delivery Room (@ Scrap Orchard)
We had no time to go home and get the camera. A routine weekly visit at the perinatologist turned into an emergency trip to the hospital. You were not due for 7 more weeks. The doctor said there was no amniotic fluid, and the umbilical cord was around your neck. We were scared. We went to the hospital, got another ultrasound, and got set up in a room with monitors. We waited all day. Finally you were born at 5:45pm.
Im sad that there are no pictures of you taken in the delivery room. We had no camera with us, and you were whisked out as soon as you were born. The first time I saw you, you were covered in tubes. They didnt let us hold you for a few days because they were worried about overstimulation. In hindsight, I think I would have insisted, but being a brand new first time mom, I just did what I was told.
The cord was wrapped twice around your neck, but you were fine, other than breathing problems typical of a 33 week preemie. You weighed 5 pounds, 9 ounces and measured 17.5 inches. You spent 17 days in the NICU at Atlantas Piedmont Hospital.
It was a difficult time while you were in the hospital. The NICU staff limited visiting hours, so I spent alot of time just sitting in the waiting room, visiting you whenever I could. The best moments were when they would let me hold you. I would sit in a rocking chair and rock with you for as long as they would let me. I still remember the smell of the handsoap at the hospital. I remember the feelings of fear (would you be okay? When could you go home? What would we do with you when we got you home and there were no nurses to help take care of you?) and awe (we actually have a son! He is perfect and beautiful, and we get to take him home! We are parents, fully responsible for the life of this amazing precious person!)
It was one of the most amazing and at the same time, terrifying times of my life. In the end, all that matters is that you are here and you are absolutely fine. No one would ever know you were a preemie.
Journalled June 2011
    • Cristina
      I love how you scrapped these hard memories! And the elements you picked complement the story so well!
    • amandajane
      wow, your journalling touched me, I too spent some time with my baby in hospital for totally different reasons though. I love that you have journalled such an important part of your family's life, even though you had no camera.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    sillescrapper
    Date:
    Jun 27, 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count: