angiekey

Nightly Battle (Oct 2016 Style Challenge)

Nightly Battle (Oct 2016 Style Challenge)
angiekey, Oct 29, 2016
Description:
Created for the October 2016 Style Challenge - "oh, that's not my style". I'm really not good at the art journaling style, so I thought I'd give it a try. It was 3am on a bad night when pain was keeping me awake, so this is what came out. Sorry for the downer. :(

I used papers and supplies from Dawn Inskip's Feeling Blue Collection with Hue & Saturation recoloring on the papers.
I shot the self-portraits in my studio a while back using a remote trigger; lighting set-up with AlienBees was with main light at 45-degree angle on camera left and fill light (~1 stop lower) at 45-degree angle on camera right.
Photos processed in Photoshop using Fresco, Conte Crayon, and Charcoal filters. I lost track of all the blending modes and masks I used to combine them.
Fonts used are Dear June, Fish and Chips, and Hefalo Brush.
Title created with styles by Mommish - Stylin #157 Chip & Stick and Stylin' #116 Chipboard & Gloss.
MariSt likes this.
    • bellbird
      this could totally be your style and i wouldnt have known otherwise - it's brimming with pain and emotion - the sort we sometimes find hard to cover up - i'd say u excelled at the challenge and hope you got a better night sleep after
      angiekey likes this.
    • IntenseMagic
      This is a fabulous art journal page! Wow. I would have never known it was not your style. And I would say don't apologize for putting your emotions our there on a page. I hope that scrapping helps. Wonderful job on the challenge!
      angiekey likes this.
    • bcgal00
      Hope it feels good to let the emotion out in your page. I love the photo treatment you did!
      angiekey likes this.
    • mimisgirl
      Oh my! I think you did beautifully!
      angiekey likes this.
    • dawninskip
      Fabulous!
      angiekey likes this.
    • wombat146
      awwww don't apologise Angie! your 'downer' of a page is only representation of what you were feeling and you never have to apologise for that!! such a creative and sensitive piece of art, you ought to be very proud of youself! hugs! x
      angiekey likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Style Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    angiekey
    Date:
    Oct 29, 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    725.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).