Credits:
Little Butterfly Wings: Daydreamer
Little Butterfly Wings and Studio Basic: Very Best Mom
Amy Wolff: Bittersweet, Juxtapostion
Valorie Wibbens: Pollyanna Alpha
Heather Joyce: The Reed

note: some items have been re-colored to fit the design of this layout

-------------------------
There are so many things that I could say about you, and none of them would do you any justice. You’re the most incredible human being. Ever. I will never be able to fully put into words how much you mean to me, but I can go on for the rest of my life trying. Lets be real – bragging about you is easy.
From day one, you have been one of the few people that have been there for me, morning to night, every day of my life, from the second that I was born. From holding me as a baby, to our DAILY phone calls now that I am an adult, you have never been absent. You are my lifeline. You are my best friend.
I admire you to no end. You have put up with a countless amount of negativity in your life, but you still manage to be the most positive person I know. I have never seen you in a bad mood, and I can always count on you to lift my spirits when I need it. You are the strongest and kindest person I know. That strength and perseverance inspires me on a daily basis.
Thank you for unconditionally loving me, no matter what I do. With you, I have never had to live up to an expectation. You fawn over my slightest of accomplishments and make me feel like a superhero, even on my worst days. You have been a no judgment zone. My safe haven. I never have to be anything, but myself with you. I know for a fact that I can tell you absolutely anything, and you will be there for me. Even when you know that I am making a mistake, you never leave my side. Your love is so pure, with no reservations, and is unlike any other love in the world.
Thank you for spoiling me in every single way. You have showered me in everything I could have ever wanted or needed. This includes not only materialistic things, but also the things that really count…like food. (Don’t tell mom, but I stand by the fact that you make the best kniffles in the world). But in addition to all this, you’ve also spoiled me with your wisdom, which is the best thing I could have ever received. You are the most quotable person I know. I frequently start sentences with, “Well my grandma has always told me…” I can't imagine how other people get by without you. They must be lost.
Thank you for supplying me with an endless amount of laughter and memories. You know exactly how to make tears spring to my eyes and make my stomach ache from laughing so hard. Your sense of humor is like no other. I wish that I could keep you attached to my hip at all times so that I am never without it. I find myself telling stories of you to people on a daily basis because I wish you were there to tell them yourself. And I find them laughing along with me. I actually had one of my friends recently call you the “real life Betty White.” Which, obviously, is the highest of compliments. Your unbelievably unique personality is something so rare. I genuinely feel bad for the those in the world who will never be graced by getting to know you, because you truly are one of a kind.
Most of all, you are not just my grandma. You are my best friend. Whenever I need something, I know that you’re there. Whether it is strong, sound advice that you never fail to deliver, or a nice long gossip session, I can always count on you.. Whenever something happens in my life, you are the first person that I want to tell. I live for our calls when we catch up on everything going on in each other’s lives. Even though 90% of the time, your life is more interesting than mine. I’ve trusted you with my biggest secrets and have told you things that I could never tell anyone else. You know exactly what I need to hear when I need to hear it. I know that you hold those moments as dear to your heart as I do. And even when we’re apart, I know you’re just a phone call away, even if we get caught in a long game of phone tag (which we usually do). When we’re apart, I fiercely await the next time that I can curl up on your couch and talk with you for hours. I anxiously count down the days until our next dinner and movie date. I miss you more than anyone in the world when I’m away.
I owe my entire life to you, Grandma. You’ve helped make me into the person that I am today and the person who has yet to grow. I genuinely have no idea where I would be without you. Everything we’ve shared together is forever filed in a special part of my brain. A place for only you and me. It is somewhere I can go whenever we aren’t together and I'm missing you. It is a place I can go for advice, a good laugh, and a mood enhancer. All I have to do is think of your smile and my day is automatically so much better. You have provided me with so much that I will never be able to pay you back for, but I am going to continue to try every day. I am so unbelievably lucky to have you. Out of all the people in the world, all of the women to become grandmas, I got the best in my life.
Thank you for how you molded our lives. Thank you for teaching us what it means to be a true kindhearted person. Thank you for not walking away. Thank you for planting the seeds. Thank you for being an example of a life well lived.
You were, and still are, my inspiration.
You are the woman I want to become. You are the endless love, patience, and forgiveness that I want to have.
zakirahzakaria and Juliestcyr like this.
    • Juliestcyr
      I love your messy stack of papers and frames, and great job on the storytelling! I am never able to write that much. that little bit of lace on the edge is just right!
    • StampingRooster
      Gorgeous layout, and such an amazing job with the journaling.
    • AnneofAlamo
      Having her in your life, makes me "get" your wild and awesome sense of adventure and humor in the day to day! May your days be filled with clothed boys! tee hee Thank you for playing along with me! Happy Mother's Day to YOU too!
      dotcomkari likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Speed Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    dotcomkari
    Date:
    May 11, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    136.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).