Description:
TV Then and Now
Shot Through the Heart DU by Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs
Soap Opera | Elements by Pink Reptile Designs
Soap Opera | Papers by Pink Reptile Designs
Soap Opera | Alpha by Pink Reptile Designs
TV Time by Kristin Aagard Designs
MOC_6.31 2018

In the 1950s, television was young and so was I. Back then TV was a piece of furniture and part of the decision in buying a TV was to get one that went with the rest of the living room furniture. Please notice that I said living room. I didn’t know anyone that had a separate TV room. If you had a 24 inch screen you were living high on the hog. My family had access to (count them) three channels, all in glorious black and white. Cable was nonexistent so we had an antenna. Ours was a wonderful set of rabbit ears, guaranteed to provide bad reception no matter how the ears were pointed. Snow wasn’t just for sledding. It was an everyday part of the bad reception that came with the rabbit ears. Our remote control was whichever kid in the family was old enough to turn the channel to the right station and young enough to be bullied by the older kids into doing so. Since very few homes had more than one TV, it was a group activity wherein families settled on a set of programs that they watched in the evenings and everyone watched the same programs whether you liked them or not. There were lots of Westerns and lots of slapstick comedy, and all TV parents had twin beds.

Now we have things that did not exist back then: 60 inch, 4D, high definition entertainment centers. Also HBO, ESPN, On Demand anything, NetFlix, parental controls, cable, and DVR. You have to wonder if we are we better off now?????
Pachimac likes this.
    • JillW
      Love your page Carol! It makes me smile because it is just spot on!! Oh, how glorious it was when we finally were able to get VHF on our little TV in the living room - it meant having to deal with one more dial on the TV set, but it meant a whole lot more channels too! Your page is so creative! And your clustering is superb!!
    • amien1
      How cool to have that photo by the tv- definitely 'dates' the photo (the tv not you! ;) ) I loved reading your journaling! I can only imagine what will be in our 'future'!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    Iowan
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    241.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).