busywoman139

MOC6-Day26-Heritage-Tradition_Ski-Trip

MOC6-Day26-Heritage-Tradition_Ski-Trip
busywoman139, Feb 1, 2018
Description:
Template: Just Jaimee, Dec 2016 Sketched
Papers & Elements: Just Jaimee, Snow Happy paper pack and Snow Happy Element pack
Styles: Mommyish, metal rim (freebie from MOC5, I think??)
Word Count: 292

Journaling reads:
The backstory of this photo is fun - After Great-Grandma Shaler passed away, her daughters, (my) Grandma Reba and Aunt Dolores were going through her house. During the process, they found a stash of many thousands of dollars hidden away IN THE FREEZER!! The money was split between Reba and Dolores. In true Grandma and Grandpa Nichol fashion, they chose to use a portion of the funds to take their whole family on a holiday skiing trip to Colorado! This was in 1991 - pre Google Maps and Expedia - so I can just imagine how the planning went. Once all the arrangements were made, the 11 of us caravanned the 14 hours west to Keystone, CO. (Well, 12 hours for Aunt Becky, Uncle Greg, Salome and Josh since they live in Omaha.) We all stayed together in a two bedroom condo with a loft. There are so many memories from this trip. Ashley and Salome got left at a gas station on the way there (the parents thought that the girls were in the opposite vehicle!), downhill skiing day one where I fell almost immediately after getting my skis on and had to be taken to the medical center where I got a leg brace and couldn't ski the rest of the trip!, cross-country skiing, snowmobiling and seeing the Continental Divide, trying my first cappuccino (thought that was totally yuck - I was 13 and not into coffee just yet), going to the condo rec room and seeing tons of cute boys (again, I was 13 and totally into cute boys!), ice skating and shopping in the village (bought some cassette tapes - Salt-n-Peppa and Paula Abdul), going on a Dinner Wagon Ride, and of course, the time spent with family.
    • Sokee
      Wonderful journaling!! I love you paper that your journaling is on at an angle! Great photo!
    • Neverland Scraps
      Love the long piece of paper sticking out with your journaling and the clusters around your photo!
    • Iowan
      What a great memory and how neat that it came from the found funds. Loved your journaling. Thanks for taking the heritage challenge!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    busywoman139
    Date:
    Feb 1, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    251 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    618px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).