berniek

MOC11 day 7 - heirloom

MOC11 day 7 - heirloom
berniek, Jan 26, 2023
Description:
My father used to read these books to us, especially Het Tovervisje which is a fairy tale about dwarves that lived in an upside down coffee pot (you could collect point with buying coffee beans to get the books) and that discovered there was a fairy fish in the sea that could give them everything they wished for. In the end, of course, it turned out that being happy with the little bit you have is always superior to wanting more and better and therefor never being satisfied. I found these books in the thrift shop a few years back and immediately knew I had to buy them, just for the memories of my late father reading these to me and my sisters.

Credits:
template by Fiddle Dee Dee - Im Checking You Out - DD
Lynne-Marie - Adventure (collection)
Forever Joy - Rise and Shine (kit)
alpha from Bella Gypsy - Better Days (collection)

Erfstuk is the Dutch translation for heirloom.
    • cfile
      Thanks Berniek for the translation of your title. What a sweet memory of your Dad and his reading of the books to you. I am so glad you found the books in a thrift shop since you no longer had the originals.. You can still hand them down and have the beautiful memories and story of your Dad reading the stories handed down to the next generation. So sweet! Thanks for sharing and playing along with my MOC11 day 7 Heirloom challenge!
      berniek likes this.
    • bestcee
      I love the story that you bought the books just for the memories! I've done the same. I love the way you used the lights and flowers to create a cool point above the books.
      berniek likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 11 - Coming Home
    Uploaded By:
    berniek
    Date:
    Jan 26, 2023
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    424.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).