-Named For: Chief Si'ahl
-Square Miles: 142
-Elevation: 0 - 520 feet
-Population: 737K
-Time Zone: Pacific Standard
-Metro Area: 15th largest in the US
-Industry: Microsoft, Amazon, Boeing, Starbucks, Alaska Airlines
-Sports: Seahawks, Mariners, Sounders, Kraken & Storm
-Attractions: Seattle Great Wheel, Pike Place Market, Space Needle and many more!

As a native Seattleite, I have lived in Seattle almost all my life. In fact, I actually live in the same zip code I was born in, which is pretty phenomenal given there are 60 zip codes! What I love about Seattle is that it has so many amenities. It has a great downtown, it’s on the water and it’s only an hour away from great skiing, hiking and many other popular destinations. There are also lots of diverse neighborhoods in Seattle. I’ve had the pleasure of living in nine different neighborhoods and working downtown. Having attended the University of Washington, I also got to experience one of the most beautiful campuses in the country. Seattle has also earned a reputation for its culinary delights! There are so many good restaurants. Despite its reputation for rain, Seattle doesn’t average that much rainfall, but does have a lot of overcast days.

Notes: the highlighted neighborhoods are all places where I've lived or worked.

Bright Side TLP Collaboration (pressed silver alpha by NBK)
Cityscape by Little Butterfly Wings & Studio Basic (skyline)
Your Rock by Kristin Aargard (silver brads)
The Good Old Days by Soco & Pink Reptile (childhood memories)
2 Cool 4 School by Forever Joy (school days word art)
Birds of a Feather by Forever Joy (home brad)
Dream Out Loud by Forever Joy (red arrow brad)
Bugging Out by Kristin Aargard (magnifying glass)
Feeling Blue by Pink Reptile Design (star)
Debossed Date Tags by Kim Jensen (work life tag)
Comfort by Allison Pennington (background paper)
Seattle neighborhoods (internet image)
    • flowersgal
      Great layout. I love the map of the neighborhoods and your highlighting those you have lived or worked in. The magnifying glass is a fun touch and the wood background a great choice.
    • BLKinOR
      Great job! I really like the map you used.
    • honeyandcheese
      There are 60 zip codes?!? Wow! I love your map, with the highlighted portions, and the home flair. What a great page!

I like the small towns I've inhabited most of my life, but I visited Seattle many years ago and really loved it. It's a wonderful city.
    • jam-on-toast
      I love this! Super fun layout! Love the map and the magnifying glass and all the little bits of info.
    • Aerobigirl
      I love how you made it look like a puzzle piece with dark on the outside and your light map on the inside. Visually very striking! And I know that part of Seattle very well, since I went to UW for undergrad and grad school. Wonderful layout.
    • tinkerbell1112
      I love the magnifying glass!!!
    • Cristina
      Wow this is stunning!! I love the map cutout!
    • jk703
      Amazing, Sheri! I loved reading your journaling, and it reminds me a little of my area in NJ. A lot available within close distances (though yours is much more closer/cityish I think) - great restaurants, colleges, hiking, beaches, etc. I guess since NJ is so small, and so close to NYC that makes me think that! I would love to visit. I loved how you personalized the map and the photos! Thank you for sharing and joining in!
    • AnEnglishLady
      What a fabulous theme for a page! I love the many facts you included, the cut out map and the magnifying glass centring in on home.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 10
    Uploaded By:
    SeattleSheri
    Date:
    Jan 11, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    451 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).